mediaguy

Upcoming Stewards of the Sierra NF dual sport Ride

Me and my buddies Russ and Matt rode about 100 miles on Thursday laying out the upcoming event. Gonna be a good ride. Lot's of trails, great scenery and a few tricky water crossings. I'll be at one of them with a video camera so if you see me don't get too nervous, you just might make U-Tube!

post-14110-078660200 1285459755_thumb.jp

post-14110-034228400 1285459774_thumb.jp

post-14110-074462500 1285459791_thumb.jp

post-14110-035157600 1285459806_thumb.jp

See ya in a few weeks.........along with the massive San Diego contingent.....I think we have ~20 guys......12 of us will be at Russ's.....

See ya in a few weeks.........along with the massive San Diego contingent.....I think we have ~20 guys......12 of us will be at Russ's.....

What bike are you bringing this time?

What bike are you bringing this time?

WR250R.....it goes anywhere :lol:

Well, three days of rain (with more due tomorrow) have eliminated any dust and created epic trail riding conditions. Snow level is way above what we're going to be riding so come out and enjoy a great fall ride in the Sierras!

There is the Crawdaddy Camp and the Heavirland - DeuPree Camp. Should be about 22 right there.

Hey Crawdaddy and whoever else is going on this trip this is the rig and tractor I will be piloting and co-pilot with Paul DeuPree. Trlr is a double stacker and is carrying 12 bikes. Trlr is loaded with tires, welders, compressor, tools, generator and gas if you group needs anything contact me.

CXTTRLR.jpg

Hey Crawdaddy and whoever else is going on this trip this is the rig and tractor I will be piloting and co-pilot with Paul DeuPree. Trlr is a double stacker and is carrying 12 bikes. Trlr is loaded with tires, welders, compressor, tools, generator and gas if you group needs anything contact me.

Where are you guys staying?

If you actually end up needing the welder....and need an operator to get it done.......let me know ;)

Looks like I'm soloing up.. debating on bringing the toy hauler or finding a motel. Any of you that have been there have an opinion? Are the motels close enough to be worth it or should I drag the accommodations up the road?

Just got a kitchen pass for that weekend good.gif. Any chance that I can come up for the ride/festivities? Never done anything like this, but it sounds like fun. Love the area around Bass lake, so you can't go wrong with that. Let me know and I can make plans (and send in money).

Looks like I'm soloing up.. debating on bringing the toy hauler or finding a motel. Any of you that have been there have an opinion? Are the motels close enough to be worth it or should I drag the accommodations up the road?

Oakhurst Lodge is just 3 miles from Elks Lodge and it's where the Cycle World Trek uses.

Just got a kitchen pass for that weekend good.gif. Any chance that I can come up for the ride/festivities? Never done anything like this, but it sounds like fun. Love the area around Bass lake, so you can't go wrong with that. Let me know and I can make plans (and send in money).

Hey, come on up, it's going to be a great ride!

Where are you guys staying?

If you actually end up needing the welder....and need an operator to get it done.......let me know ;)

They're staying at my buddy Russ Martin's guest house. Russ has a huge garage/tools/welders, etc also.

Planning to head up no Friday morning, early. Right now I'm solo. Anyone want to carpool up to share gas, driving duties, and conversationbiggrin.gif? I plan on camping in my SUV where ever I can find a place to park it (the lodge or one of the nearby SNF campgrounds). PM me or see contact info in MO section.

Looking forward to my first big adventure ride.

Up in the forest today working on the ride. Awesome riding conditions. Recent rain took care of the dust. Hope to see you here. Last chance to ride trails that will be closed next year by USFS.

post-14110-093930700 1287124526_thumb.jp

post-14110-076799400 1287124542_thumb.jp

post-14110-017364900 1287124558_thumb.jp

post-14110-029252300 1287124568_thumb.jp

post-14110-002542700 1287124578_thumb.jp

We'll be up at Russ's late Thursday night........Love riding in your back yard......easy to see why you (semi) retired there.....

WhiskeyFalls10.jpg

Picture173.jpg

Picture172.jpg

We'll be up at Russ's late Thursday night........Love riding in your back yard......easy to see why you (semi) retired there.....

Well my son calls it semi-retarded but you know how kids are!

I think I will try to get a pass. I have never ridden the area and if they are going to close the trails, this sounds like it will be my last chance. I take it there are still spots open for the ride.

I think I will try to get a pass. I have never ridden the area and if they are going to close the trails, this sounds like it will be my last chance. I take it there are still spots open for the ride.

Plenty of spots open, that's not going to be a problem. Rain the past couple of days, epic riding condtions!

Sat: To gas/lunch (hard ways) 80 miles but gas available at 70

Sun: No gas/lunch stop, total miles 70-80 miles, no hard/easy splts so course at times will be challenging for big bikes

I just "defunkified" my knee guards.. You're all welcome :) Countin down!

I just "defunkified" my knee guards.. You're all welcome :) Countin down!

:heh::lol: Did the same thing when I got home from work today.....all clean gear!

bringing a trash bag like last time......gear was beyond funky after that weekend.

Hope that a special purchase makes it in the mail before I leave Thursday morning.......

boot-and-glove-dryer.jpg

I hear there will be water crossings :unsure:

:heh::lol: Did the same thing when I got home from work today.....all clean gear!

bringing a trash bag like last time......gear was beyond funky after that weekend.

Hope that a special purchase makes it in the mail before I leave Thursday morning.......

boot-and-glove-dryer.jpg

I hear there will be water crossings :unsure:

What?!?!? We won't have a ginormous fireplace to dry our stuff.. Man Bar10 really spoils ya...