I would not put the Klr and that bike in the same category. Tenere is 1200cc and 575 lbs. Adventure bike yes, but will suck in the off road.

Dunno my GSA is awesome offroad once you know how to ride it. Also look at Randy and his 950.

That said, price wise they are no in the same class. But maybe that couls cause some competition for KLR market space and that could make things interesting.

hate to say it, but good bye KLRs

This would be the KLR competition.

XT660Z Tenere, not available in the USA.

2009-XT660Z-action-01_tcm46-271984.jpg

And Yamaha still cannot realize that there is a market here in the USA for this.

XT660R

2010-yamaha-XT660R_EUR_DPBSE_ACT_001_yamaha_tcm46-333389.jpg

I have 2 KLRs, one is gonna go. I WAS looking at getting the 990Adventure

however after reading this , Im biting the bullet and going to send a down payment of

$500.00 to hold this bike, They come in MAY 2011, which just so happens to be my 50th birthday, SOoooooo,, guess what i,m getting??? Now which one, the blue or black

Maybe I will paint it ORANGE and slap a BMW sticker on it and call it good!

everybody wants to put bikes in "catagories"....yet in reality there are not alot of bikes that are apples to apples or oranges to oranges....MX bikes are truley A2A..all very similar, all with the EXACT same goal....go as fast as possible thru the obsticles on a MX track..period.

the ktm excr and the husky TE are pretty much O2O or A2A...very similar focus and types of riders....

BUT adventure riding and ADV bikes are a VERY wide group of people with a very wide idea of an adventure. I have had GREAT adventures on everything from a yz250 to a GSXR750 to a harley and just about everything in between....so the catagory is very BROAD.

i dont see the Tenere taking over the KLR market or the 950/990 market...it may have an impact on the market, but not dominating it...

i DO see it at least having an impact on the bmw GS/GSA market...but it is NOT cheap...weight and price being big factors in that market, i think that bike will find its own niche...19" front wheel and 575lbs puts that bike in the Vstrom catagory, but the laced wheels and shaft drive...put it closer to the BMW bikes...with price somewhere in between....

nice to see another option in the market...i think we ALLLL need to go over and ride bluefin2nas AS SOON as he gets it and make our own minds up :D;)

what DAY will it be here so we can come over TUNA? :lol:

[quote name='kellymac530' ...i think we ALLLL need to go over and ride bluefin2nas AS SOON as he gets it and make our own minds up :D;)

what DAY will it be here so we can come over TUNA? :lol:

I turn 50 on the 26th of MAY, so that would be about the right time i guess

Anywhere...

Except singletrack. The ground clearance is the biggest issue, not the weight (keep it upright and you don't worry about the weight until it tips) and tires (if you're putting a lot of miles on, you be running TKCs or smoother)

Ample power down low, and fairly low center of gravity.

As others have said- this bike is for wannabes (nothing is wrong with that btw) adv on a dime (bmw too pricey) types-

You'll see more on the 8 than on a fire road, but that's ok- we can't all be Ewen

..........Now which one, the blue or black

BLACK....:ph34r:

A WR450R would be nice...

+1 :)

Yup, I will be in line if this ever happens.

At $4000 more than a 1000 VStrom....I don't think it's direct competition. Pure guess on my part tho.

Oh yea, color....letsee.....Bluefin2na.... I like blue but the black looks just sinister enough to be owned by you Tommy.

$4000 is a whole lot of dough for the advanced poser status... I didn't open the link, but that seems awfully pricey

My friend Steve has expressed interest in this bike last month. I still think the KTM990 would be the way to go but what do I know. Tommy for you I would vote blue, everyone around here has black, be different.

BLACK FOR SURE! :torch:

11MS_SprTen_blk_S2_f3273398.jpg

Fly by wire chip controlled throttle? That sounds pretty awesome. But why don't they list the horsepower? You can't tell me they don't know it . . .

I haven't found a Spec Section on websites lately that lists HP. Found some reports on the Super Tenere rating it at 108 - 110. I guess that'll do it.