dsfox

Coon Creek Cabin Weekend Adventure

Saturday we drove into camp and my group met up with cablejockey and decided on a easy paced ride. In the middle of the day we saw a hardway so me and Robert took it and the rest of the group went the easy way. The hardway wasnt bad except for 3 DOWNED Trees across the trail. This is bad when your riding a KTM 690. Robert said he would help but he got the bad end of that deal. I only had to help him with his KTM 300 and in return he helped me under the trees with my 690. We ran into Covered In Dust and Tlking6 coming towards us at our 1st tree down and their last.

Second - whomever ended up with my Charger's camp chair - tell me where I can come pick it up.

--- BREAKING NEWS ---

Gumby found chair

check earlier post

any new dents on the 2 stroker pipe from the rock quarry? :)

LOL Very Intuitive Hoss, The 1st dent happened at the 1st step up that everyone is calling the ledge, Robert fell and punched a hole in his right side case and dented his pipe. JB weld and we were on our way to the Quarry where he went down 2 more times.

Where is the 7 Oaks restaurant? I've been looking for a lunch spot on the south side of the Lake. I'm assuming it's somewhere between the 38 and Clarks Grade since I see Seven Oaks on the map. Maybe off the 1N04 or 1N34? Any help will be appreciated.

CoonCabin2010006.jpg

There's a 3 mile paved loop parallel to and just North of Hwy 38. Pretty well marked at both ends where it connects to the Hwy. From the dirt it would be below (South of) 1N04 in between 1N54 to the West and 2N06 to the East. Both of which access the paved road that parallels the Hwy and leads to the Restaurant.

Another option is Angelus Oaks Restaurant only a few short miles West of 7 Oaks and accessible/visible from the Hwy. General store, Post Office. And entry to a trail that leads to Thomas Hunting Grounds. I've been there twice and had to stop for deer both times and a Bobcat once.

[

Second - whomever ended up with my Charger's camp chair - tell me where I can come pick it up.

--- BREAKING NEWS ---

Gumby found chair

check earlier post

I think Gumby found a blue chair, but DSFOX found a charger chair....will bring to maintenance day, unless you need before ken..

This is Goldmine on Sunday.If you guys went a little farther over that ledge about a 1/2 mile you would have found the Quarry.The last pic is the exit then its on to John Bull Trail.

And Tell me again WHY you guys LIKE this Gold Mountain place???? :huh: I'm perplexed by this mystery???.....

(but then again, sometimes guys like to do things the HARD WAY)........:P .

And Tell me again WHY you guys LIKE this Gold Mountain place????

I will go back one day to conquer that mofo! :ph34r:

This is Goldmine on Sunday.If you guys went a little farther over that ledge about a 1/2 mile you would have found the Quarry.The last pic is the exit then its on to John Bull Trail.

And Tell me again WHY you guys LIKE this Gold Mountain place???? :huh: I'm perplexed by this mystery???.....

(but then again, sometimes guys like to do things the HARD WAY)........:P .

If we didn't enjoy the challenge of something dangerous that we knew could hurt us..... there would be a lot of single women out there.................!

If we didn't enjoy the challenge of something dangerous that we knew could hurt us..... there would be a lot of single women out there.................!

+1

Good One Johnnybags:lol: ......Guess I can think of Gold Mountain and have new Dating Inspiration!.....(With Challenge, comes Reward Right?:coolio: )

Great pics!

- Randy

Great pictures and video. It was a pleasure meeting everyone. Although I don't remember all the names and screen names, I will recognize the faces next time we meet. The food was outstanding, thank you for sharing with the newbe. We did about 80 miles on Sunday and enjoyed the scenic overlooks, next trip we will be ready for more challenging trails. Took a little trip up fish creek late Sunday and a quick ride up to Coon but the camp was empty, I thought there were a few that were staying until Monday. Camping at Heart Bar was very pleasent, so much so that we just hung around camp and did a few hikes on Monday. We will definitely be going back before it gets too cold...so many trails to explore.I have a few pictures from Sat. night but don't know how to post them....will read the "how to post pictures" sticky and post tonight.

Good One Johnnybags:lol: ......Guess I can think of Gold Mountain and have new Dating Inspiration!.....(With Challenge, comes Reward Right?:coolio: )

A challenge WELL worth the rewards. On both accounts....dating and riding (not necessarily in that order)..!

I promise you will make Gold Mt on one of your next trips to BB.

There are some spectacular views well worth pushing and walking over a few of the tougher sections.

Sorry I missed it, looks like a great time !

Covered in suds drank all your beer

A challenge WELL worth the rewards. On both accounts....dating and riding (not necessarily in that order)..!

I promise you will make Gold Mt on one of your next trips to BB.

There are some spectacular views well worth pushing and walking over a few of the tougher sections.

Perhaps I'll bring the 2 stroke then...it's already a little beat up....so whats a few more dents....(I'll give it a go, after my knee is 100%...might need both legs for that one):coolio:

There is a way around the 1st ledge. I found it after I had to do the ledge twice. When Robert fell and broke his right side case I had to turn around and go back to Big Bear City CarQuest and buy JB Weld and then back up again. About 100 yds before the ledge you will see a open mine and there is a trail behind that, it goes up above the ledge. There is also a way around the Quarry. You just go straight instead of turning right into the rock Quarry.

...I had to turn around and go back to Big Bear City CarQuest and buy JB Weld and then back up again...

You're supposed to carry that stuff in your tool bag :)

...I had to turn around and go back to Big Bear City CarQuest and buy JB Weld and then back up again...

You're supposed to carry that stuff in your tool bag :)

Yes, I now know to carry it -AFTER a little mishap on Jacoby Canyon trail in the spring, when I did NOT have it....LONG cruise to Lucerne Valley checking oil frequently...:rolleyes:

Maybe I'll get some of that stuff. If I never need it I can still use it for chewing gum! :lol:

Thanks for the info on the 7 Oaks restaurant. Was able to find it on Saturday. We were a little preplexed with the "No Motorized Cycles past this point" sign at the entry, but as we were sitting there looking at the sign, the guy in the restaurant came out and waved us in to park.