dsfox

Coon Creek Cabin Weekend Adventure

Another Epic Weekend for the books....Thanks to all for participating..we had up to about 30 including day visitors..Seemed like everyone had an awesome time......hope you all get back safe.....I just got back to johnnybags with half his gear...no photos yet....heading out for dinner and time to relax...lets hear the stories...be back to san diego tomorrow....deb

ok humour me....just hit my 1000th post.....had to reply....

ok humour me....just hit my 1000th post.....had to reply....

Coon pics please --I am up to my 416th post

First off, thx to Deb and Johnny for organizing this ride and all who joined in. Had a great time.

Second - whomever ended up with my Charger's camp chair - tell me where I can come pick it up.

Brian ( Ironman ) following CaptCham Friday afternoon for an orientation ride.

CIMG1871.jpg

...which led us to this.

CIMG1873.jpg

It's as ugly as it looks. Did it again Saturday right outta the gate with Strega, Hoss, KLXguy immediately after Bum, Hammer, Pyro (sorry here - didn't memorize everyone's helmet) went thru.

Just perfect....

CIMG1876.jpg

Steve & Brian

CIMG1874.jpg

CIMG1881.jpg

CIMG1877.jpg

The fox, Baldbeemer & Mistress, Craig, KLRScumbag....????

CIMG1880.jpg

Schwinn & The Entourage coming off the single track as we were heading in....

CIMG1882.jpg

Brian working his way along the "Tree Trail"...

CIMG1884.jpg

Josh tippin' the KLX.

CIMG1886.jpg

Brian dippin' the DR. Hoss & Strega waiting patiently.........

CIMG1888.jpg

One of the more sane sections of the single track......too much pucker factor in other places for pics.....at least for me.

CIMG1889.jpg

Josh near the end of our 70 mile loop on Saturday.

CIMG1892.jpg

Enjoyable fire roads, knarly stuff, single track and great company....

CIMG1883.jpg

Thx to Tracy & Deb & Mistress & Baldbeemer and whoever else pitched in on cooking, organizing food, serving margaritas (which helped wash down the jalepeno poppers).

EPIC weekend.

Even more memorable and challenging trails.

Wonderful people and riding partners.

Thanks to Deb for putting it together

Tracy, Zara, Mike and whoever else shopped, cooked, cleaned and hosted.

And everyone that took the pics we are all going to enjoy.

Looking forward to the Kern weekend with Don Johnson.....?

Winter is soon approaching in Big Bear. I'll be coming down to your guys' area for some warm weather riding

Great trip!! Baldbeemer and I had a great time. Big thanks to dsfox, Jonnybags, tlking6 and everyone else that helped make this happen. Thanks to cablejockey for letting me try your new Seat Concepts low seat. I look forward to getting my own. And thanks to KLXguy for all your help packing and unpacking our toybox.

dsfox

CoonCabin2010002.jpg

cmayer31

CoonCabin2010003.jpg

klrscumbag

CoonCabin2010004.jpg

Baldbeemer

CoonCabin2010005.jpg

Enjoying some Seven Oaks burgers

CoonCabin2010006.jpg

Add my thanks to everyone who organized, shopped, setup, cooked, cleaned up, collected and organized tracks, printed maps, and all the other things we don't think about that makes events like this so successful and fun. This was my first weekend event with the group. I appreciated the willingness of everyone to help out a noob. I look forward to doing it again.

Deb,

I look forward to that photo.

John

Deb,

I look forward to that photo.

John

You should be telling cmayer31 you're looking forward to that photo; he's the one who got that great picture of you returning to camp today.

.......John - thx for being the onsite tech guy and downloading tracks & maps to the GPS's.... Good seeing you again after the Toro Peak ride.

As I was playing tour guide to my visiting family-I was thinking ,man I need to get on a dirtbike.

Looks like a great weekend !

Great time this weekend! This was kinda last minute for me....so I only made one ride on Saturday.

Thanks for putting this on Fox, and thanks to all of you that helped out!

Hit the trails with Josh, Strega, Brian and Trophyhunter....went straight for the circle trail near camp.

Fun challenging hill on our way.......

SAM_0398.jpg

SAM_0399.jpg

SAM_0400.jpg

SAM_0401.jpg

SAM_0402.jpg

Totally missed my chance getting Trophy on his climb.......the hope was to zig zag and hit the right side on the way up. The DR had it's own idea for Trophy. DR wanted to tractor up the left side as I was running to the other side for a better photo. Missed it by THAT much!

SAM_0403.jpg

Made our way up the scenic trail and caght up with more of the crew...we saw a smiling Fox in the meadow!

SAM_0405.jpg

Had a teensy problem with the KLX....bonus point to whoever notices the first tiny problem we had in this picture.

SAM_0411.jpg

Here comes the crew.....

SAM_0413.jpg

SAM_0414.jpg

SAM_0415.jpg

SAM_0416.jpg

SAM_0417.jpg

Trophyhunter gave us a sneek peek of Maintenance Day, under careful supervision of DSFOX.....it was made quite clear that Fox and Trophy are not married to each other. (I would add in some really funny smilies to go with my funny inside joke....but, can't find them....that's not funny!)

SAM_0420.jpg

SAM_0421.jpg

SAM_0422.jpg

One tube installed, two tubes on the ground (one still has air!) It was good practice!

SAM_0425.jpg

SAM_0426.jpg

On to the tree trail......only ended up taking pictures of the first tree.

Strega bringing it down

SAM_0428.jpg

and emerging

SAM_0429.jpg

SAM_0430.jpg

SAM_0431.jpg

SAM_0432.jpg

SAM_0433.jpg

Those DR's are HEAVY!

SAM_0434.jpg

Great time and best company as usual........Thanks!

What an awesome weekend! Wow I had a blast. Thanks everyone for the amazing food, great hospitality and kick ass riding. Huge props to DSfox and JonnyBags for organizing this great trip. If the area is not closing, maybe we should make this an annual event? It was 5-stars all the way.

KiwiWayne and I had a great ride up from SD.

IMG_1987.jpg

He was on the Royal Enfield packed with all the necessary gear.

IMG_1991.jpg

We stopped in Idyllwild for lunch.

IMG_1996.jpg

Then on up the twisties.

IMG_1999.jpg

IMG_2000.jpg

Saturday:

We had a solid group led by JonnyBags, and headed out for some great riding.

IMG_2002.jpg

IMG_2003.jpg

IMG_2004.jpg

IMG_2005.jpg

IMG_2007.jpg

This photo proves that my helmet was there . . :lol:

IMG_2008.jpg

After meeting the Big Bear Trail Riders and having some lunch, Jonnybags took us over for a quick look at Gold Mountain.

IMG_2009.jpg

I was vexxed by the first major obstacle. It was a pretty knarly ledge. Everyone made it up there using different lines, but I didn't see it happening for me. The group accepted my apologies and we turned around to continue with the original plan.

IMG_2010.jpg

IMG_2011.jpg

IMG_2014.jpg

IMG_2013.jpg

IMG_2016.jpg

There was a bit of carnage to be had over at the ohv area.

IMG_2017.jpg

We played around for a bit and then hit a really fun trail called Vista.

IMG_2019.jpg

As evening approached, we headed back to the greatest camp spot ever.

IMG_2020.jpg

Coon Cabin @ dusk.

IMG_2021.jpg

IMG_2022.jpg

DSfox greeted us from the hacienda

IMG_2023.jpg

IMG_2025.jpg

IMG_2026.jpg

There were a couple hawks that put on an arial display for us as the sun went down. I got a pic of one of them when it landed in the tree.

IMG_2027.jpg

The evening was upon us.

IMG_2032.jpg

A crescent moon set behind the mountain

IMG_2035.jpg

Sunday:

DSfox and the crew heads up the highway to visit more epic trails.

IMG_2038.jpg

IMG_2041.jpg

IMG_2043.jpg

IMG_2046.jpg

What's a good dirt ride without Gumby along for the journey? This is DonJohnsons co-pilot at large. :D

IMG_2049.jpg

IMG_2050.jpg

IMG_2051.jpg

IMG_2053.jpg

IMG_2055.jpg

More photos as we work our way back to Coon.

IMG_2058.jpg

IMG_2059.jpg

IMG_2063.jpg

IMG_2067.jpg

IMG_2068.jpg

IMG_2072.jpg

Thanks for a great time ya'll! I really enjoyed riding and hanging out with everyone. I look forward to seeing ya'll again soon out on the trail. Cheers SDAR!

SAM_0432.jpg

Notice the line all the folks ahead of me took under this obstacle? Wheels closer to the outside so they can get the proper lean on the bike? Nope, not me...just center it and bash into the tree. Once an idiot.....

Only pics I have are iPhone pics that didn't come out well since my camera is broken :( Another great bit of riding with good people. Deb, thanks for putting this all together and anyone who helped in that endeavor. Was great to put some names with faces I've been seeing post on the boards. I really like showing up to all these events and meeting all of these good people.

Loving the reports and pictures

I'll add this trip to the "I wish I was there" rides... +1 on making this an annual event

Wonderful time, great food, great riding, great camping spot, great weather and a great group of people. Thanks to everyone that contributed, and just about everyone had something to contribute from food to tech to stories ect... With a special shout out to Deb for getting this going and all the work she did. Did I mention that the food was incredible. I actually gained a couple of pounds over the weekend.

Covered in Fat

post-13540-088401600 1284399167_thumb.jp

...which led us to this.

CIMG1873.jpg

KLX GUY took me back up through there saturday, and we hit it again sunday with CABLEJOCKEY. What a kick in the pants! That hill climb was a little tough, but was still really fun. Great riding the whole weekend!

What a blast!

Thanks to Debie and John for planning this, and thanks to Baldbeemer and Mistress of the dual's for contributing the outstanding vittles.

What a perfect time, fabulous food (best pork I ever ate!), friendly group of people....good times.

This was my first real ride on my new (to me) TE 250. You know what they say, 95% rider and 5% bike... Ohhh but that 5% felt so gooood!

Next year Gold Mtn all the way or bust!

Thanks All!