mediaguy

Flyer for Stewards of the Sierra NF fundraiser/dual sport Oct 23/24

Hope you can make it.

Wouldn't miss it....

Bringing ~10 guys......again ;):D

Most of us will be staying up the hill above the Elks at Russ's place.....we'll be riding Friday - Sunday.....maybe Monday

Gosh! I was excited for a moment until my wife's B-Day popped back into my front temporal lobe.

Looking forward to getting up to the area.

Gosh! I was excited for a moment until my wife's B-Day popped back into my front temporal lobe.

Looking forward to getting up to the area.

Honey, guess what? We're going to Yosemite for your birthday! Well, near Yosemite. Actually you'll be visiting Yosemite while I'm out exploring the Sierra National Forest with a couple of buddies! What? Divorce? Whyyyyy?????

So it looks like the closest Motels are about $100/night. Not horrible until you make that 4 nights plus gas plus food plus ride fee :P Has anyone done the camp thing and slept in their truck? I wouldn't mind that so much but where on earth do ya shower? I was imagining you drive up Thurs night and come home Monday morning?

I'm getting grip heaters this year. It was cold last year!!

We had 7 guys in our group last year. After hearing how great the trip was, we'll probably have more this year.

post-13609-033219500 1283297346_thumb.jp

I'm getting grip heaters this year. It was cold last year!!

We had 7 guys in our group last year. After hearing how great the trip was, we'll probably have more this year.

post-13609-033219500 1283297346_thumb.jp

I am in this year with 12 people. 3 of them are the DeuPree Bros and Doberboy

I am in this year with 12 people. 3 of them are the DeuPree Bros and Doberboy

That's awesome, that means we've got ~25 coming up from San Diego.......wow.....

Where are you guys staying? Elks?

The Bass Lake area is THE SH!T!!!

Looks like a nice/comfy seat on that Husky.....Rick Mayer?

I'll be there. Still working on accommodations. Looking at bringing the toy hauler and possibly splitting the drive cost with someone.

Staying in a Hotel a couple miles away. I will be driving up in that big blue International CXT with a stacker enclosed trlr with 12 bikes inside.

The Bass Lake area is THE SH!T!!!

Looks like a nice/comfy seat on that Husky.....Rick Mayer?

That Husky is Steven DeuPrees.

Funny story about the pic. I kept on taking the Bros to the desert all over the place and steven kept saying I want to see trees. Well we found him 1.

I wouldn't mind that so much but where on earth do ya shower?

Big 5, Sportmart, Walmart, solar showers! Last time Elks Lodge had bathrooms but no showers

Just a reminder, if you're planning on coming (and we hope you are), please send in your entry ASAP so we can plan the dinner/t-shirts, etc. Thanks! It's going to be a awesome ride. And remember many of the trails in the ride will be closed after Jan 1st thanks to the idiot planners of the USFS. SOTSNF are fighting to keep the trails open and work year round on trail maintenance to keep legal trails open.

Just a reminder, if you're planning on coming (and we hope you are), please send in your entry ASAP so we can plan the dinner/t-shirts, etc. Thanks! It's going to be a awesome ride. And remember many of the trails in the ride will be closed after Jan 1st thanks to the idiot planners of the USFS. SOTSNF are fighting to keep the trails open and work year round on trail maintenance to keep legal trails open.

I gave all my guys a hard time about sending in their entries.......and forgot to send mine (place non working emoticons here).......it'll go out today.......

sent mine on the 7th.......hasn't hit the bank yet nor have I received the confirmation email.

hope it didn't get lost in the mail....

I sent mine in! Got a call from Mike Wubbles, told me I was the 3rd to sign up. You just don't miss riding like this! Hoss314, last time my check didn't clear the bank for some time. Look forward to riding with everyone again.

sent mine on the 7th.......hasn't hit the bank yet nor have I received the confirmation email.

hope it didn't get lost in the mail....

Mike, we have your entry. Thanks! Larry

MAN! I want to do this!...but just don't know if I swing another weekend?....along with.....the following weekend Phoenix/ PRESCOTT, az concert/riding(4 days)....following week (possible Bar10 trip...at least 4 days)......2 weeks later.....Barstow Mojave road possible? (3 days).......one week later Thanksgiving (4 days, must ride!)....Next weekend Dec 3-6 Catalina grand prix (4 days).....

Why does all the good stuff always happen at once?...:angry2: .....and we thought spring was busy?

MAN! I want to do this!...but just don't know if I swing another weekend?....along with.....the following weekend Phoenix/ PRESCOTT, az concert/riding(4 days)....following week (possible Bar10 trip...at least 4 days)......2 weeks later.....Barstow Mojave road possible? (3 days).......one week later Thanksgiving (4 days, must ride!)....Next weekend Dec 3-6 Catalina grand prix (4 days).....

Why does all the good stuff always happen at once?...:angry2: .....and we thought spring was busy?

Deb --I have resigned to the fact that their is no way a person can do all these rides. You will burn yourself out and lose interest. I only pick and chose and the other rides will have to wait a few years.

I need a good sponsor--

Deb --I have resigned to the fact that their is no way a person can do all these rides. You will burn yourself out and lose interest. I only pick and chose and the other rides will have to wait a few years. I need a good sponsor--

You ARE being sarcastic right ken?...:excl: ..of course.......a couple of these are "maybe's", BUT- I'm anxious for plans to be final and get out there....

If I don't ride 2 weekends a month on average (big trips or at least local) I'm impatient to ride......too many places to ride....not enough weekends.....I forgot to mention the need to get back to KOA NORTH Glamis, that was cool, and probably throw in some quick desert trips....hmmmm must fit them in somewhere....

sondra...sounds good, I'll know soon....

Rode 100 miles of the Sat. loop today, some awesome trails! Just hope it rains before the ride to keep the dust down! Crawdaddy, Russ says hello, rode with him and one of the other Stewards. I'll post a couple of pics as soon as I download the camera.

Sending mine now.. I totally spaced the form cuz I'm doing Bishop as well. Paperwork isn't my forte. Ya know, I bet Active.com would work perfectly for these rides and sign ups. I think it's free with a small fee to the user. I'm going to take a look. Who knows, maybe next year's Desert Dash could have online sign up and payment.

Anyway, long story short, my check is in the mail and I'll be there with bells on. If I'm too late to get a shirt I'll go au naturale :blush: