Mauricio

Suzuki V Storm 650,a real dual sport?

Hi

Suzuki advertises the V STORM 650 as a dual sport bike and the web shops put the bike in the category of sport bike.

The motorcycle is tall but the tires are not as “dirt” as the DR 650 SE or the KLR 650.

What do you think; it is a real Dual Sport Bike?

If yes, how much dirt can it take? DR 650 is 50-50 KLR 650 65-35 V Storm?

Thanks

Mauricio

Hi

Suzuki advertises the V STORM 650 as a dual sport bike and the web shops put the bike in the category of sport bike.

The motorcycle is tall but the tires are not as “dirt” as the DR 650 SE or the KLR 650.

What do you think; it is a real Dual Sport Bike?

If yes, how much dirt can it take? DR 650 is 50-50 KLR 650 65-35 V Storm?

Thanks

Mauricio

you can always put off road tires on it, but weight and expensive body work make it less dirt crash friendly. its not dual sport enough for me, but i almost never ride on the street. the only question is it dual enough for you. ive never riden anything that big off road. it looks sorta clumsy and breakable. just my opinion.

...it is a real Dual Sport Bike?

Name a road or two or three. I'll tell you whether I would take my DL650 on it. Lot's of people take these bikes (and even cruisers) off highway, but usually it's a side trip on a longer tour.

You are always better off with the right tool. If you are seriously going to be doing more than 10% dirt on a regular basis I would shy away from it.

Posted Image

You are always better off with the right tool. If you are seriously going to be doing more than 10% dirt on a regular basis I would shy away from it.

Ain't that the truth.

No bike will be 100% versatile in all arenas. I REALLY want a dl650 ABS, but they have yet to roll into local dealerships. I am getting really impatient and am thinking of hopping on a DR650 first.