TrophyHunter

Passing of Fakey's Father

Jesse A. Bowers passed peacefully this morning after a recent battle with medical complications. Paul wanted his SDAR family to know.

All of us grieve in different ways and this is posted in respect to Paul's wishes and in dedication to his father.

Rest peacefully, Mr. Bowers, you've left us with a quality guy to carry the family name.

Deepest sympathy Paul....we greive with you our friend....

My deepest condolences, my thoughts are with you, Paul. Nothing can fill the void created by deeply departed, but friends can try.

Very sorry to hear that Paul, glad to help in any way that I can if you or your family need it.

Rest peacefully, Mr. Bowers, you've left us with a quality guy to carry the family name.

Well said........sorry for your loss Paul.

Must have been a really great man to have a son of your caliber.

Sorry for your loss Paul. I can relate having lost a brother and father in the past 5 years. Allow yourself to grieve as appropriate, then work on transitioning to celebrating his life/memory which is equally important. My thoughts are with you.

So sorry to hear about this Paul. Agree with Chris and hope that, with time, the memories of his life will far out way that of his passing.

My condolences Paul, I recently lost my mom and I feel for you.

Sorry for your loss of a family member. Stay close to loved ones that are there in a time of need.

Paul, i never had the pleasure of meeting your Dad, Im sure it would have been a pleasure though.

He did a great job somewhere along the way...

Best wishes my friend

Kelly

Paul I am so sorry for the loss of your father. Judging by his son, he had to be a great man. Please keep in mind what Chris said.

Paul,

So sorry to hear of your loss.

Treasure the time you had with him

Thanks, everybody. You've all been very kind and boosted my ego a LOT. I'm going to remind some of you about the kind things you've said.

I noticed, however, a paucity of nice comments about my singing and radio DJ ability. Stingy, or merely an oversight?

My dad was a great guy, and I'm fortunate enough to have had him for a long time.

Dad went into ICU following a procedure to evaluate why he was having liver issues and fragile health. The procedure, as we predicted, kicked off complications that ended up being a two week ordeal including two IV antibiotics, dialysis, a breathing machine, and enough tubes and wires to run the space shuttle. And hot nurses, too.

He didn't really improve, but there was a 36 hour period after the breathing tube was removed and before he slipped away that I'll always treasure. He had a great sense of humor, and we laughed together until- well, laughed until he fell asleep and then died the next morning.

p

too bad that sense of humor is gone... hopefully it skips a generation and Jesse will have one too