I remember awhile back there was discussion about putting our names in our signature lines. The general consciences was that it would be a good idea so people would know who we were when we met them on rides. I wish I could find the topic where we discussed this so I could just bump it but I can’t find the darn thing.

The idea was that we would be able to ask for people by their names instead of screen names. This would prevent confusion and or angering some spouses when calling member‘s home. When calling bikeslut always ask for Bob and don’t say you “want to talk to the slut” if his wonderful forbearing wife answers the phone. It appears that we are getting away from the practice of putting our “real” names in our signature lines. I think it would be good practice to put the names back in (for all except fakename, his screen name is enough.)

What do you guys and gals think?

not a bad idea...when i went to the monthly meeting at gp cycles it was a bit awkward to meet people and they tell you their real name, and 10 minutes later it realized that guy/gal is someone you talk to regularly online...

btw...my name is kelly mac...there are a few more letters on the end of mac...but they are not important..

im not sure even all of my friends in real life all know my last name in full...everyone calls me, kellymac, mac, kmac...or any variation of that...im like a dog...i answer to anything as long as you raise you voice tone like you like me... :lol:

my wife knows who "slut" is

the FUNNY part, is when I call up Ozzy... stammer out "Is... O...Oz... CHRIS there?"

who is calling? "uh... damn... you had to ask"

my wife REALLY likes being called slutwife or mrs slut... those are her favorites

I can barely ever remember peoples real names anyway. That's why I usually use their screen names in ride reports and other threads. :rolleyes:

How about the admins just change my ScreenName to "ThatGuy"... usually I am...

How about the admins just change my ScreenName to "ThatGuy"... usually I am...

ha ha... good one

don't let riding with pasta get you down; he makes us all feel like "that guy" sometimes... and he only teases you, because that's how he shows he cares

I am JUST NOW getting away from my helicopter rep

If you need to call someone, how do you get their phone number? If you don't know their real name you probably don't have them on speed dial. I suggest going to the members contact info and there you will find their SDAR handle, their real name (or as much of it as they want to give to us low-life's :lol: ), and contact info. Hopefully one of these days it will be in alphabetical order by SDAR handle.

Other than that you will have to PM them for their info. I can see why some don't want their real names on the open forums for everyone to read. I am John Smith of Vista and my entire family will be riding Bar-10 for several days, I hope no one breaks into my house while I am gone.

Personally I am not very paranoid, and it would be nice to not have to worry about this kind of thing, but the world is not exactly how we would like it to be. :) Ken

my wife REALLY likes being called slutwife or mrs slut... those are her favorites

How about Mrs. guy with the hole in the head who uses a sloth for a Toupee? :rolleyes:

I am JUST NOW getting away from my helicopter rep

No you're not, birdman.

No you're not, birdman.

Hey Roger, who said you could change your name ?? :wacko::lol:

I was wondering who this RogerTOWM is.

If you need to call someone, how do you get their phone number? If you don't know their real name you probably don't have them on speed dial. I suggest going to the members contact info and there you will find their SDAR handle, their real name (or as much of it as they want to give to us low-life's :lol: ), and contact info. Hopefully one of these days it will be in alphabetical order by SDAR handle.

Other than that you will have to PM them for their info. I can see why some don't want their real names on the open forums for everyone to read. I am John Smith of Vista and my entire family will be riding Bar-10 for several days, I hope no one breaks into my house while I am gone.

Personally I am not very paranoid, and it would be nice to not have to worry about this kind of thing, but the world is not exactly how we would like it to be. :) Ken

Ken, while I totally agree with your privacy concerns I was referring to posting first names. I do not recommend posting your address on public sites. I thought at one time you had your first name in you signature. Mimi, Roger, Randy and I as well as others do have our names in the signature line. Im not sure that some members have put their names in the members only section.

I have to add Ken to my speed dial after this, but I really wasnt thinking about phone calling so much as when we meet someone on the trail or at a meeting. How many times have you seen someone on the site and then never realized you have ridden with them because they introduced themselves using their first name on the trail. Also for idiots like me that have problems remembering names, this is an aid we can use to remember your name. Again this is just a thought; Im not ordering anybody to do anything.

I just checked my phone. I have Ken in the section for SDAR but not Bob, and I have called slut much more then I have Joliet. Go figure. <_<

Hey Roger, who said you could change your name ?? :wacko::lol:

I was wondering who this RogerTOWM is.

Hey Randy I put my old screen name in my sig line so I wouldn't confuse anyone. I guess it didnt work!

I dont ride a KLR anymore and the name was confusing some new members. I thought I would leave out bike brand names because it appears I have been a bit fickle with them. :mellow: So I thought I would just use my name. It was good enough for Mom it should be good enough for you. Not wanting anyone to attribute (blame) my poor posts to Strega, I thought I should add something to the name. So Roger TOWM (the other white meat). :coolio:

I should add always picks on poor bike slut in my sig line too.

roger, does your wife know that you have "called a slut more often"? :D

Oh, so that is why I just got divorced!

roger, does your wife know that you have "called a slut more often"? :D

Oh, so that is why I just got divorced!

congratulations or im sorry which ever one best applies :blush:

im pretty sure the roger in the new name and the green and yellow buddha belly was a dead give away :)

So Roger TOWM (the other white meat). :coolio:

So glad you explained that.......I have been trying to figure it out.

I had settled on TOWMater......

TOWMATER.jpg

TowMater-shewantsmybody.gif

I once owned a house behind a basketball court at a park in Lemon Grove. All the F-n guys had cool names like "Snake".

Maybe I should go back to being Paul since no-one (not even fake-name) wanted my username of Paul. Yes Pyro is Pyro - not just Troy, Carguy is Carguy - and John, BS is a big Slut! Xr650bum a bum, gunner is a chief, BBg can't BBQ, Papa is in, Joliet is Joliet aka Ken, Schwinn is the sammmiwich king, Mimi is Mimi - I mean DD, Crawdaddy is (starts with a C), DSfox is a fox, and Hedley is the creator of our site... etc...

2 names can be a problem when we meet at a ride or post, but that is part of the beauty of the community. The more that we participate the more we come to know our fellow riders. Just remember one name or another. Fake or otherwise. Establish rules before you ride together. Where are your ICE contacts, Who is riding sweep, at each turn we will wait for the last rider, If we need to break our group apart due to speed and skill levels we will discuss it - not just ditch a couple of Newbees.

Anyway just leave the "real name" out of the post. Call me KIP, or Bond or Ferris, or Snake if that is what I wish to post as. As I have switched from a rotating 12 hour shift there my be more opportunities to join group rides and aquaint myself with more of the active users out there. Not as may usernames as ADVrider!

So cool maybe I can steal that for my new Advatar

im pretty sure the roger in the new name and the green and yellow buddha belly was a dead give away :)

Yellow Budda Belly? What do you mean. That is a photo of ME. Just look and any recent photo of me in a ride report and you will see that is all me. I'm not Buddhist. :lol:

So cool maybe I can steal that for my new Advatar

Just Do It!

I agree with Paul--er --- KIP

screen names for some, real names for others

Lots of Bobs, Kens, Randys, and Pauls

but only one "twister", one "trophy", one "fakey", one "shock", one "rad", etc.

I had to keep it simple. With so many forums and other internet subscriptions, I couldn't keep up with my own screen names, much less expect others to!