"I am a shrubber. My name is Roger the Shrubber. I arrange, design and sell shrubberies."

RogertheShrubber.jpg

On a side note, I'm now calling KIP/Paul, 'Snake'.

I remember awhile back there was discussion about putting our names in our signature lines. The general consciences was that it would be a good idea so people would know who we were when we met them on rides. I wish I could find the topic where we discussed this so I could just bump it but I can’t find the darn thing.

The idea was that we would be able to ask for people by their names instead of screen names. This would prevent confusion and or angering some spouses when calling member‘s home. When calling bikeslut always ask for Bob and don’t say you “want to talk to the slut” if his wonderful forbearing wife answers the phone. It appears that we are getting away from the practice of putting our “real” names in our signature lines. I think it would be good practice to put the names back in (for all except fakename, his screen name is enough.)

What do you guys and gals think?

I'd like to dust off this old nugget of a thread, and refresh the idea of placing one's first name in the sig line. If not for any other reason, I'm old and cannot remember even the most common of names, nor the names of those with whom I've ridden in the past, like that MotoWhore guy or the ItalianPredatorBird dude. Or that CrayPadre person.

Please- take a second, see if your first name is in your sig line- I promise you won't be spammed by Russian swindlers because of your bold move.

Thanks.

Done, although I have already been thumbing my nose at Russian swindlers for many years with the text that goes with my avatar.

I still get a laugh any time someone calls me "Winty."

lol- that would be me...

another favorite is when people refer to my wife as Mrs Slut... she LOVES that. (She just shakes her head and concludes we're all a bunch or 13 yr old boys)

standing on soapbox

"we live in America... the example for the rest of the world to follow... we ARE the huddled masses, yearning to breathe free... it doesn't matter where you are from, what your ride, or what your parents named you... YOU decide who you are here. It's like a clubhouse; it's like a superhero. in the rest of your time, you may be Bob Conrad, the respected Executive and family man... you wake up, shower and shave, put on a shirt and tie, get the kids to school, and work behind a desk... but on SUNDAY, your freedom rings like the very Liberty Bell... You are BIKESLUT! Tailgater, flat generator, helicopter riding superhero for all of the world to admire (mock, admire...whatever)... YOU are no longer Clark Kent; you are SUPERMAN! YOU decide who you are, and what you'll be called... it doesn't matter if your nickname in grade school was bedwetter...spot...stinky...ED... whatever... it is America and this is the internet! A breath of fresh air, where YOU decide your nickname, and others will refer to you as whatever you want (until you start acting like a jerk, and your nickname ends up being tooltime or something)...we have RAD... we have n00b...logroller and trophyhunter... winty and sicvic...tree and bum... I am BIKESLUT!"

standing off soapbox

my name is Bob

"I will NOT stand by and let you badmouth the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA"....* everybody start humming the Battle Hymn of The Republic as you march out of the auditorium*

another favorite is when people refer to my wife as Mrs Slut... she LOVES that. (She just shakes her head and concludes we're all a bunch or 13 yr old boys)

"..oh, so you're the Trophy Wife....." Same reaction.

"..oh, so you're the Trophy Wife....." Same reaction.

Not sure my wife would react the same way to being called a "Trophy Wife" as "Mrs. Slut." I don't think I want to find out, either.

I've always had my first name in my sig......very helpful for group meet-ups.....

IF, you think we are safe from the internet Robber Barrens by ommitting our real name, God Bless You. Bless your heart, etc.

Personally, I am moving to B. Just to maintain an illusion of security. :-)

Just wanted to rustle the trees about this- is your first name in the signature line?

It's very helpful.

Is this what you all mean?

On 6/5/2019 at 12:15 PM, SoCalMule said:

Now, I can't get the song out of my head! :heh:

• Like 1