im having a weird problem and just curious if it is only me, or if there is an easy fix...

i have my setting to keep me signed in, and when i log in my name automatically comes up, and before, whenever i hit "view new content" ALL of the new post in every forum since my last visit would come up.

sometimes, but not always, when i do the same now, it looks like not many posts are there so i scroll thru the forums and i see post that have never come up on "view new post"

am i doing something wrong?

remeber i am a computer tard, so be nice

same prob intermittently

Also, while on my messenger (PM) section, I hit View New Content and was sent to Schwinn's profile where MainBlockHead had sent him a message........?

The "Views" counter doesn't work sometimes.....I've viewed posts and the counter doesn't click over....

Computer bugs....

who you callin a computer BUG...i am on the computer and i know i bug alot of people...but its not my fault...i inherited insanity from my mom...but the medication is helping...a little :wacko:

same prob intermittently

Also, while on my messenger (PM) section, I hit View New Content and was sent to Schwinn's profile where MainBlockHead had sent him a message........?

The "Views" counter doesn't work sometimes.....I've viewed posts and the counter doesn't click over....

Computer bugs....

We talk too much secretly...LOL

STILL finding that not every thread that has a new post is showing up when i click on the "view new content" button....i have to scroll thru each thread to see if anyone has posted to a thread since i was on here last...

example: i just saw a whole new thread on ride reports on "fun videos from over the summer" by dezertXer and that hasnt shown up on my "view new post"

maybe it is just me....if you say im just stupid...i wont be able to argue that point... :blush:

When you're in your "messenger" and you click the "view New Content" button it will show you the new content from "Members". If you'll take notice to the green tab toward the top of the "View New Content" page you'll be able to select "Forums", "Members" and "Calender". You'll need to reselect "Forums" to view new content in the forums.

As far as the "View New Content" button not showing all the "new content". I didn't notice, but I'll look around.

i get that pasta....i understand HOW to use it...im saying, if i log on at 8am and read all of the new post....then log off...turn off my computer and come back on at say 4pm and i look at new content, there will be SOME new post to existing threads and some new threads....but sometimes, and not always, if i happen to look thru the actual threads i will see a post to a thread at say 11am that doesnt show up on my "view new content" in "forums" and i cant figure out why some update but not all of them update all of the time...

im sure you are right about one thing...its probably me...it always is :blush:

i get that pasta....i understand HOW to use it...im saying, if i log on at 8am and read all of the new post....then log off...turn off my computer and come back on at say 4pm and i look at new content, there will be SOME new post to existing threads and some new threads....but sometimes, and not always, if i happen to look thru the actual threads i will see a post to a thread at say 11am that doesnt show up on my "view new content" in "forums" and i cant figure out why some update but not all of them update all of the time...

im sure you are right about one thing...its probably me...it always is :blush:

I haven't noticed that problem, but I have scratched my head about the other one. I am usually here once a day now and have a page or sometimes two of new posts to sort through.

Buck up you're not as dumb as you make yourself out to be....I don't think or at least hope you aren't. ;)

One thing's for sure, some of you stories slay me.

you ought to get a beer or 2 in me around a camp fire....then the really good stories come out....

there are waaayyy to many dumb, crazy stories for any one man to have done in one life yet i have found a way to accomplish this many in ONLY 46 years of mayhem.... :D

Kelly, I am having similar problems.

I have "view all content not read" checked in my settings. It used to show everything I had not read back to July. Somehow it's reset to today at 6AM. I was not online at that time. This new forum has way too many glitches and is becomming a pain in the butt. Still cannot search for posts since a certain date like we used to be able to. Also Ive tried posting things to the calendar, but nothing shows up. PM's work great though.

Cameron, appreciate everything you do for us. Could we please go to something else before desert season?

Spyder

blockhead...refreshing is not exactly the problem...i can click on "view new content" while im on the site and it will refresh, and when im off line and come back on, MOST new content does show...but completely randomly it just NOT show some new posting to some threads on the new content...

very random...it does refresh while im onsite...

wierd... i can live with it...just seems odd, and since this my only real motorcycle fix right now...im like a junkie looking for a heroin dealer....i need some wind in the face, but at least talking, joking, and sharing mx info is a little BUZZ until i can get back on my dirt bike "crack".. :lol:

blockhead...refreshing is not exactly the problem...i can click on "view new content" while im on the site and it will refresh, and when im off line and come back on, MOST new content does show...but completely randomly it just NOT show some new posting to some threads on the new content...

very random...it does refresh while im onsite...

wierd... i can live with it...just seems odd, and since this my only real motorcycle fix right now...im like a junkie looking for a heroin dealer....i need some wind in the face, but at least talking, joking, and sharing mx info is a little BUZZ until i can get back on my dirt bike "crack".. :lol:

go back and read old ride reports... add comments to any you feel warranted. Summers normally slow down around here, and this one has been better than most (cooler and more riding happening)

Or go to another site, and link us to stupid pet tricks or something

Kelly and Spyder........you guys may have hit the button accidentally that says "Mark All As Read".......I've done it before also, and no new content comes up. Right now, I don't even know where that button is.

okay here is the exact scenario i am talking about, i was on last night and posted about my bike selling and i sent a pm and read things i had not read yet.

i logged back on today in the afternoon, and clicked on the "view new content"...the coon cabin thread came up and a few others...i randomly looked thru the forums, and noticed bikeslut has posted on my "depressed, but shes gotta go" thread i had updated last night....it did NOT show up in the view new content...yet it was new content....am i doing something wrong...why do some new post show up but not others..randomly??????

Oh that!! Uncle Cameron found new software that ignores my posts...something the majority have learned to do over the years...

Its no a glitch! Its solution!

I am not getting personal messages. Some people can some people cant. I checked my settings and I am not blocking anyone.

I have found that by checking new posts while logged-in will give sporadic results I.E. missing posts, etc. I will then log out and then view new content, which will give all posts in the last 24 hrs.

Yes CAM or RAD, fix xr650Lbum PMs, i want to send him a pm to apologize for stupid comments and it says he cannot accept anymore pms....he says no one is blocked, so whats up admins? i wouldnt blame him for blocking me tho...

Bags...that is so wierd, my issue is exactly the opposite...it skips new postings after i have been logged off for a day or so....not usually when im am already on and reclick VNC ....