Full moon this month is on the 24th.....a Tuesday. But, I really miss going out to the desert for some riding.

Saturday night August 21st! Let's Ride!

Time to remove the trials tire, get that knobby on and check your headlight for some great desert night riding.

Park at Pinyon Mountain....

Ride....Pinyon Mtn. - Jeep Squeeze - Heart Attack Ridge - Fish Creek - Sandstone Canyon - up Diablo Drop - wash to the mud caves (possible night spelunking) - down wash to S2 - Oriflame - Banner - Scissors Crossing to parked vehicles.

Sad attempt at building the tracks (unable to view older uploads)......PM me with your email address for the tracks

Who's In?

Fish Creek

post-13399-044520200 1281564678_thumb.jp

post-13399-058877400 1281564714_thumb.jp

Pinyon Mountain

post-13399-016938900 1281564799_thumb.jp

Heart Attack Ridge

post-13399-027541200 1281564818_thumb.jp

Heart ATTACK at night! I don't know. Purt scary in daylight.

Seperates the men from....... :)

What are the temps out there now at night ??

Tonight........78 degrees

Tuesday the 17th 86 degrees

Full moon this month is on the 24th.....a Tuesday. But, I really miss going out to the desert for some riding.

Saturday night August 21st! Let's Ride!

Time to remove the trials tire, get that knobby on and check your headlight for some great desert night riding.

Park at Split Mountain....

Ride....Fish Creek - up Diablo Drop - wash to the mud caves (possible night spelunking) - down wash to S2 - Pinyon Mountain - down Heart Attack Ridge - Sandstone Canyon - Fish Creek to parked vehicle.

(May add in Oriflame to Banner before Pinyon Mountain)

Who's In?

Fish Creek

post-13399-044520200 1281564678_thumb.jp

post-13399-058877400 1281564714_thumb.jp

Pinyon Mountain

post-13399-016938900 1281564799_thumb.jp

Heart Attack Ridge

post-13399-027541200 1281564818_thumb.jp

Parking/starting at Pinyon mountain at reasonable time, will able you to do "Drop" in day light and will save you about 1 hour over all driving. The loop remains the same. I'm considering this one.

papa.

That was kinda my point.....I wanted to go down Heart Attack at night.....but the drive time does make sense (even though it would be air conditioned :) )

If most would rather start from Pinyon, go down the Ridge in the evening....that would be fine with me. Then we could throw in Oriflame since there would be no point going all the way down Fish Creek.

strong maybe on this one for me. i gotta get my rebuild done in time. now i have a reason to hustle on it.

That was kinda my point.....I wanted to go down Heart Attack at night.....but the drive time does make sense (even though it would be air conditioned :) )

If most would rather start from Pinyon, go down the Ridge in the evening....that would be fine with me. Then we could throw in Oriflame since there would be no point going all the way down Fish Creek.

Either way...... if Im healthy---cough and cold now since sunday

strong maybe on this one for me. i gotta get my rebuild done in time. now i have a reason to hustle on it.

Rebuild?? Thought it ran good in Mammoth....good break in ride ;)

Either way...... if Im healthy---cough and cold now since sunday

Sweet! your going....even if you have the sniffles....the dry air will help ;)

Rebuild?? Thought it ran good in Mammoth....good break in ride ;)

Ran real good but at 148 hrs i want to put at least some ring's on it. Leakdown showed 9% so its about time. First time opening up the motor for anything except the valve check.

Mike, I also think the best place to stage is Pinion Mtn Rd. The last time we did this ride it was in the 90's when we staged about an hour before dark, but there was a breeze and it was not too bad. In split mountain it was still 100 degrees at midnight with no breeze. Those canyons radiate heat all night. I will go if it is going to be cool enough. Here is a link to the last night ride there. The Orriflame/Rodrequez loop is fun at night, and there should be lots of tarantulas out at night.

:) Ken

I would so love to do this, but again it confilicts with my schedule. Dang it.

I might do a night ride to Palomar soon.

First post updated........PM me with your email address for tracks.

i am very interested, will def get off work early for this ride if i can.

so i tried googling pinyon mtn and cant quite find a location, anybody help?

Great! looks as though it will be cooling down a touch out there.......bring your snake bite kits!

Hope those thunder clouds out east drop some rain down there.

This may be obvious, but be aware the humidity has rolled in and nights are staying warm down here.

About 100yds south of stagecoach camp ground, 6 miles from Banner grade to the campground.

This may be obvious, but be aware the humidity has rolled in and nights are staying warm down here.

welcome ricko- nice to have a guy in the trenches!

Tell you what... when it drops below 80, we'll all come visit...

Thanks, I read often but usually haven't much to say. Been using the air cond. jeep a lot more than the m/c.

Air filter changed, tire set swapped (looks sexy with black wheels)........ready to rock! gonna be a good time!

Thanks, I read often but usually haven't much to say. Been using the air cond. jeep a lot more than the m/c.

pshaw... I rarely have anything worthwhile to say and I have more posts than the president of the club... never stopped me

on the other hand; I am universally hated... your call