KTMrad

Launch of New Front Page & Forums

Hey all, as you can see, the forums and front page with links has a new look and redesign.

While it may take a little time to get used to the look of the forums, what do you all think of everything now ?

There may still be a few forum bugs to work out.......please give us a few days for that to work out and for us to identify any issues to be resolved.

Whoa, I thought I'd clicked the wrong button or something. Going to have to get used to it...

Some of the smilies are messed up in older posts. :lol:

The color is the same. I used the board preference that had the blue theme when we had that choice. :P

It also seems that some of the attached photos are not showing up..

You mean like on Avatars........or in posts ?

If it's on the Avatars, I believe it's because they're oversized.

If it's on posts, please give me an example link......I don't have time to be going through all the posts to check.........thanks !

hey Rad, i like the new look...i will get used to the new layout. not that different....

one question tho...im sure im just missing it...

where is the "view new post" button?

im on the site alot {duh :P } and that is my favorite button because it brings up every thread that has new postings...makes it quick and easy to stay on top of all of the new input without having to scroll thru pages of post i have already read to find the one or two that have been added to....

did you take that feature out just so i couldnt post as much? :D

it's always my fault :lol: just ask my wife ;)

At the rate you've been posting, you should have more posts than Bikeslut in about another month. :lol: The phrase you are looking for is "view new content".

hey rad i didnt see this thread before i posted in open discussion a thread asking a question about the new format...if you could check that thread and tell me if im just missing the "view new post" button.

only thing i would say about the new blue color....i think it needs a little orange strip or something :P:lol:

As Mimi said, "View New Content" in upper right corner, below the search window.

i honest to goodness didnt see that..thanx guys and gals...

hey one thing i just noticed in looking around the site....on the "swag" page you have supporting shops...i didnt see GP motorcycles on the page...

i honest to goodness didnt see that..thanx guys and gals...

hey one thing i just noticed in looking around the site....on the "swag" page you have supporting shops...i didnt see GP motorcycles on the page...

Post edited.........

GP will be listed as a club supporter very soon.

Thanks !

If it's on posts, please give me an example link......I don't have time to be going through all the posts to check.........thanks !

In both places.. An example of a post is http://dualsport-sd.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8151&pid=82523&st=0entry82523 in post #1.

Where the image should be it says "Attached image" and then the file name.. I have logged out and back in but that did not fix the issue.

Sent Cameron an e-mail about the attachment photos.......we'll look into it.

Thanks !

The Forum Page is a bit sterile/boring IMHO......also, I used to be able to click reply and then I'd be asked to sign in........now I have to go up and sign in then come back.......it's a bit more of a hassle.......as others have said, some emoticons no longer work.......

On the plus side, it's easier for new folks to see how to sign-up...the calendar function is nice (but the face plate is boring and the functions don't allow you to set multiple day events just single day events (as far as I can tell).....

Can we attach .gdb or .gpx files now? (I haven't tried)

Randy,

Hey, thanks to you and Cameron for the New Look.

I posted a few photos today without any problem. Pretty much the same process. I link to SmugMug.

the Avatar thing still befuddles me. Once it is small enough, it is un-viewable.

The Forum Page is a bit sterile/boring IMHO......

I'll have to agree, I don't really like the look of the new forums.

Chris, the rest of what you said........I don't know.

1. Yeah, the new look is a bit boring, I'll tweak it to make it look more interesting. I got as far as the header and it was 2:15 a.m. so my eyes started crossing and I almost thought about getting a Harley, that's how bad it was :lol:

2. Not sure about the photo thing, probably a permission issue on the server, I'll look into it

3. The navigation is significantly different, I'll have to see how much of this we can tweak

Like any change it will take awhile. On the PMs, the old site allowed you to send your reply back to yourself. I don't see that, I used that alot. Ahd for some reason I only get the front page on my IPhone, if I click on the fourm tab it goes to a blank screen. I did alot off my Iphone before.

Thanks for making the effort to keep us contemporary!

There seems to be an avatar issue. Mine's missing, and an attempt to load a 64 px returns a error message that the file is too large.

I like that linked images show up during the composition of the post to provide an accurate preview.

Thank you.

no real complaints, but I recieved a PM before the thange and tried to reply yo it today only to find I cannot reply. I can send a new PM not reply to an "old" one.

Here is a link to the post I made on Monday evening...Attached pictures don't show.

like somebody above (Kelly, Paul or Ken? safe guess) my blackberry wants nothing to do with the "forums" page... swag (schwag? I always thought it was schwag or shwag... no big deal) and gallery show up fine, but I get no FORUMS page... http;server failure something

if that stays the case, kellymac will catch my post count in days