BC330

Any Jeepers in our group?

I am in a bind.

I Need to find a inexpensive bolt in rear axle replacment. Or if anyone has a batch of dana 35 good parts for cheap, or any ideas. I have a 97 TJ, and need to either repair, or find a cheep replace, and hopefully an upgrade?

Happy Trails

B

I used to get a lot of my Jeep parts from these guys. They always had what I needed, were very knowledgable, and very reasonable with prices.

I used to get a lot of my Jeep parts from these guys. They always had what I needed, were very knowledgable, and very reasonable with prices.

Thanks Alot. I am going to give them a call today.

BC

bc- are you looking for a locker or limited slip or just a stock type open diff?

4wheel parts and 4wdhardware both sell a dana44 BOLT in replacement with your choice of gears ratios and choice of lockers for just over 2 grand and that is with g2 chro mo axles 35 spline and g2 ring and pinion and a good heavy duty diff cover.

i know 2k is not CHEAP per say...but that is a very good value....then ebay off any good parts out of your old diff and it could come down to 12-1500 bucks out put...

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Drivetrain-Diff...amp;t_pl=101963

1st option, used parts on craigslist, Pirate4x4, Jeepaholics.com, myjeepsrocks.com, scuff, etc. or Border Parts for parts.

2nd option, find used Dana 44 rear axle from Jeep TJ. (Craigslists, Call around .....MIT, Border parts, 4 wheel parts, ORW, etc.

3rd option, I would shop around for a 8.8" rear axle, upgrade the shafts, and take the housing to a shop that is capable of adding the brackets to re-attach the rear links.

I would go with a ford 8.8 31 spline shaft(28 spline are the weaker ones which come in the 7.5) its a good cheap strong common axle and it wouldnt be to hard to weld on new mounts and it should be the same width as the stock, and then go with a early bronco dana 44 frt which should be close to same width it is on rangers, thats a stout setup for medium 4x4ing. or a ford 9 in in the rear with a full width dana 44 up front, crawl over a house.

Wait, dont the older jeeps have coil springs in rear?????? or leafs??

I would go with a ford 8.8 31 spline shaft(28 spline are the weaker ones which come in the 7.5) its a good cheap strong common axle and it wouldnt be to hard to weld on new mounts and it should be the same width as the stock, and then go with a early bronco dana 44 frt which should be close to same width it is on rangers, thats a stout setup for medium 4x4ing.

Wait, dont the older jeeps have coil springs in rear?????? or leafs??

97 and up TJ's all have coils. That is the same axle set up I am looking for. I am willing to modify if I can find the right axle for the right price. If anyone knows someone kinda deal??? I have near no money to do this, and need to get the jeep back on the road so my daughter can have our older Nissan car. Thanks to all of you, and your input. much appreciated.

BC

How much do you want for the Jeep the way it sits? ;)

How much do you want for the Jeep the way it sits? ;)

I was originaly going to sell it, but now with the way work is, we are not going to be able to get a new car for the wife, and thus making the Jeep my main transportation. Sorry

BC, stock dana 32 should not be expensive at the junk yards. Everybody is replacing those so they are not in demand. Ford 8.8 are found on ranger pickup trucks and are stronger then the 32.

ARG, TJ and newer jeeps are coil springs from the factory although some people are replacing the read springs with leafs for their rock crawlers.

BC, If you want I still have the stock 44 from my LJ for sale. PM me and we can talk.

bc- the LJ rearend that kLrog has, is a bolt in replacement to the TJ....just check gear ratios. the dana44 is alot stronger and better rearend than the dana35.

even if the gear ratio is different, it wont hurt anything as long as you dont put it into 4 wheel drive.

dont know what he is asking for the RR, but you might ask if it has a locker in it...that would make it worth even more....

maybe i should buy his 44 and sell you my 35..... :unsure:

I don't know if I want to install another D35? Not unless it is fully built. I have 4.88 gears now, and will be changing the whole rig over to 5.10's. Combined with the 4.1 conversion kit in the tranfer case, this thing should climb walls! or water falls :unsure:

I am intending on continuing to upgrade as I build, so a d44 would be great! or even a full width 8.8 ford.

If you have a well built d35 and I cannot afford KL's d44,..... maybe we should talk. hit me up with a PM and we can exchange some ideas.

BC

BC don't go with a Dana 35 if you want to go to 5.10. The 35 is not strong enough for what you want to do...built or not it is not strong enough. A Dana 44 or 60 or ford 8.8 or GMC 12 bolt is more of what you are looking for. A Dana 60 will hang down further (it's bigger the a 44). The chevy is not bad but you will have to get it cut down. The ford 8.8 is as strong as a Dana 44 but you still need to modify the mounts to fit your jeep. My Dana 44 is a take off from my LJ (that is just a longer framed TJ) so it will bolt right up to your jeep. If you want to go to 5.10 you will have to regear any of these rear ends and also get a locker for them.

Now I would like to sell my read end (nothing from bikeslut or fakename here). But I do have experience with making rockcrawler jeeps and would be happy to talk to you about what you should look for no matter what you decide. The thing about jeeps is when you swap out one thing you affect several other parts. If you are going to get bigger tires then 35s I would recommend something stronger then a Dana 44 or Ford 8.8.

i was being sarcastic more than anything...i havent worked in weeks and cant afford anything right now...and my d35 is stock...

i thinking more like i give roger 100 bucks for his d44 and you pay me 40 or 50 bucks for mine.... :curtsey:

:)

i just woke up and had the craziest dream of finding a nice d44 for 100 bucks :good:

:beach: