dirt dame

Street/media event 06/23/10

Got an invite to be interviewed for a segment on women motorcyclists being taped for the Today Show. About ten of us showed up. A fun and diverse cross section of female riders; young and old, cruiser and sport etc. We met at the D Store in Costa Mesa. They were kind enough to host this event and provide a yummy lunch of deli sandwiches, tater salad and soda for us. Members of the Motorcycle Industry Council were there as well a couple other powersport industry people.

Taping everything took a lot longer than I dreamed it would, and we were all still at a point overlooking the ocean by Palos Verdes at 7:00 PM. It was a long, cold ride back on the freeway. I rolled through the front gate at 9 under the moonlight. Thanks to Lauri (a cool fellow Kawi rider) for topping my tank on the return ride. I realize that I interview about as well as Bill The Cat, but had fun almost running into the cameraman's family jewels when he had me do a slow shot on my bike rolling straight towards him and as close as I could get. He may be permanently bowlegged now. ;)

As usual, I carried one of my stealthy but somewhat blurry beater Kodaks with me :lol: , so here are a few shots.

I keep forgetting that there are actually still places that allow fireworks to be sold and used.

100_0807.jpg

Lunch is served by the Dainese team.

100_0815.jpg

Setting up for one of the interviews.

100_0826.jpg

100_0828.jpg

Me like....

100_0830.jpg

100_0835.jpg

About to ready for a shoot....

100_0837.jpg

Lauri was a crackup. Red haired gal was a street stunter.

100_0842.jpg

Obligatory riders meet and waiver signing fest.

100_0844.jpg

The interviewer (a bit of a fish out of water) prepares to get a ride.

100_0858.jpg

100_0861.jpg

Shooting from the Mustang.

100_0864.jpg

100_0865.jpg

More interviews. Jan Plessner of Kawasaki Motor Corporation.

100_0871.jpg

Lauri.

100_0874.jpg

Line up including person with old school bike, dirt helmet and the sole falling off the left boot. :lol:

100_0875.jpg

100_0876.jpg

Just beyond our bikes.

100_0878.jpg

Link to the rest of the shots. http://s263.photobucket.com/albums/ii145/d...mview=slideshow

If they were filming women riders, where is Bikeslut? :lol:

:lol:

Great opportunity! Not a bad view, either. Congrats! Any air time info should be posted so we can view.

Great opportunity! Not a bad view, either. Congrats! Any air time info should be posted so we can view.

They were uncertain as to air dates. Sometime in July, so not a big lead time. Perhaps I will here something soon from Jessica Prokup of Discover Today's Mortorcycling, who coordinated the whole thing. And of course, I could end up "on the cutting room floor".

Here's the latest information that I got on airtime date for the Today Show segment:

"Hi all,

The segment is slated to air this Monday, between 8:30 and 9:00 am. There's no guarantee, but let's hope for the best! Ali said the piece looks amazing. If it does air and you're not able to watch at that time, it'll likely be available later on the Today website. If so, I'll forward you that link.

Thanks again for helping to make this happen!

Best, Jess"

Saw the report, pretty cool. I'm sure it took all day for the 3mins.

I missed it, as I was sitting around the DMV this morning. Was I in it at all? ;):lol:

Went to the website and watched it. They cut all my dialog....at least I was in it. Oh well, but they should have left in the part where I rode straight into the camera. :lol:

For the 7 hours of shooting and interviewing that they did, I found it to be a rather shallow and fluffy little clip. They should have not put all that movie clip stuff in there either.