After much negotiation, i've secured a hall pass for a trip to go ride the Paiute trail for a couple of days. I am still in the planning stage, but I hope to drive out Wed., ride Th., Fri., and Sat. and come home Sun. I'm planning on pulling my trailer out and staying at The South Forty RV Park . I have 2 friends that are definite maybes, so I have room for at least one more in my truck and a couple more then that if you want to drive out and sleep on the floor. I think we can do the whole main loop in the 3 days, maybe staying at a motel one night on the trail.

If you want to ride, but your idea of roughing it is not having HBO on the TV, check outThe Rose Ranch Resort for some nice looking cabins (from the outside) right behind the campground.

I rode part of the trail system with my family last year, and I hope to make another trip with them maybe in August. For this ride though, I would like a moderate pace with plenty of picture stops, but cover some more mileage then I can with them. The parts of the trail that I saw were very well maintained and pretty well marked. The scenery was fantastic, with huge areas that are largely untouched by humans and very few other people on the trail.

I will update this post as things get a little more definite.

Preliminary list:

Me

My friend Jeff

Beezzz

RandyKTM530

Mctrails

Mctrails' dad

Anyone else?

Edit: reservations have been made for 2 campsites July 21-25. Plenty of room in the campground for more.

GREAT, I'm in! :scratch_one-s_head: I've been talking about posting a trip during this time frame. THANKS for pulling the trigger. We need to get planning and I've been procrastinating for too long. After doing these trips for 20 years now I know a bit about the area and can't wait to get back there again. I'll drive my Ranger over but will put my bid in for a spot in your trailer for now if available. Other arranges might be made too. My dad wants to be part of it too and he drives a Jeep as chase vehicle and can carry our stuff for over nighters.

When my buddies and I used to start the planning for these trips we would have a few meetings to discuss the details. I'm up for that if anyone is interested.

Now that a date is defined I'm getting excited about it already. You'd think after going so many times it wouldn't be a big deal but it still is to me. These trips are some fun times let me tell you.

Aarrrgghh! That's the week my non-moto riding friend is visiting from NY.

Edit: Oops, my bad. That's just another week at work. Are you sure you don't want to go 14-17?

Jeff... your trailer IS a hotel :scratch_one-s_head:

serious rig you got there!

You guys have fun and take lots of pictures; summer multi-day trips are out of the question for me, though

This ride sounds incredible but I only have leave the next week, if things get postponed a week I can bring another truck and rolling hotel ;) Kirk.

I think a meeting is a good idea, maybe a month out or so. When I first started kicking this idea around with my friends, we were shooting for late june, and it got pushed back for one thing or another until late July. I'm hoping these dates stick, though, sorry. I'm already antsy about going.

My friend Charlie backed out, so i have a spot in the truck open.

Here's a link to my ride report when I took my wife and son last year. One more person can ride in my truck very comfortably, and plenty of room for bikes in the trailer.

I was in Utah last weekend (6/11 - 6/13) riding some of the Piaute ATV trails and hope to have a ride report going when I return home later this week. I'm in CO right now. I think the later dates for this trip are good as many of the trails in the mountains in both Utah, Colorado and other places are still being blocked with some snow banks and MANY downed trees blocking trails. I think by late July many of the trails will be cleared.

If any of you have been thinking about this ride then you should do it. It should be a great time.

If any of you have been thinking about this ride then you should do it. It should be a great time.

I've done the Pauite trail and Bryce/Zion area. Great ride.

I'm planning a 3-day, 400+ mile ride the last weekend in August. Starting in Paraowan, thru Circleville, Marysvale, Richfield, Koosharem, Hatch, Panguich and Bryce.

Maybe we want to compare routes?

This sounds excellent. I've actually been planning on heading up to Utah and Colorado in mid-July and would love to come along for this ride...is there space for my bike and me in someone's truck? If not I can just ride my bike up there...I'm a beginner in the dirt and want to make sure I wouldn't be holding up the ride by not being that fast yet...but I'm plenty adventurous and down to camp the whole time along the trail...

I was in Utah last weekend (6/11 - 6/13) riding some of the Piaute ATV trails and hope to have a ride report going when I return home later this week. I'm in CO right now. I think the later dates for this trip are good as many of the trails in the mountains in both Utah, Colorado and other places are still being blocked with some snow banks and MANY downed trees blocking trails. I think by late July many of the trails will be cleared.

We want a write up !!

Will you be doing the gnarly single track stuff and the more difficult trails, or the ATV type trails.

I have ridden through there once, on the ATV trails on my 950.........it was part of the Trans America Trail. I found the ATV trails to be easy on the 950.

I'm planning a 3-day, 400+ mile ride the last weekend in August. Starting in Paraowan, thru Circleville, Marysvale, Richfield, Koosharem, Hatch, Panguich and Bryce.

Maybe we want to compare routes?

I'd like to see what you've got planned, Boat.

VT I sent you a PM.

Randy, I would like to do the main loop, which I believe is like you said, mostly easy ATV trails, but I am hoping that will still leave us with plenty of time for some intermediate side trails, nothing too gnarly. I'm hoping Mctrails has some good ideas for this, maybe he can answer better.

I am also trying to set up our riders' meeting for later this week, I will post place and time when I figure it out.

Will you be doing the gnarly single track stuff and the more difficult trails, or the ATV type trails.

I have ridden through there once, on the ATV trails on my 950.........it was part of the Trans America Trail. I found the ATV trails to be easy on the 950.

I'm tinking it's going to be like Jeff said. Mostly the main trail with some side loop stuff. Most of it will be easy 2 track and fire roads. The 2 track ATV stuff can get kind of gnarly in areas but not too tuff. Look for the gray (difficult) sections on the map. Haven't found any real single track in the area so that wont be a problem. Doing this ride on one of the big bikes should not be a problem if you are comfortable riding in some rocks once in a while.

Ok, how does Thursday night 6:00 at Kaminski's Sports Lounge sound for a rider's meeting? Anyone interested in going is invited, even if you aren't sure at this point. Preliminary arrangements and routes will be main topic.

Edit: Kaminski's Sports Lounge

12735 Poway Rd.

Poway, Ca

Ok, how does Thursday night 6:00 at Kaminski's Sports Lounge sound for a rider's meeting? Anyone interested in going is invited, even if you aren't sure at this point. Preliminary arrangements and routes will be main topic.

Edit: Kaminski's Sports Lounge

12735 Poway Rd.

Poway, Ca

That works for me.

As I'm still in Vegas, can't make it to the meeting.........also, not 100% sure I will do this ride, but it sure sounds good.

I can make this meeting - is it definitely happening tonight?

Yes, it's still on. I just talked to Jeff. See you there.

Hey, sorry to flake out on the meeting after I said I could make it - I had promised to help my friend move sometime this week and tonight is the only time she can borrow a truck/trailer from one of our other friends, so I've got to go help her. Have an excellent meeting, I'll keep checking this forum for updates about the trip...

Anybody up for a shakedown pre-ride? Next weekend is the 4th, so I am thinking the weekend after. I am free on Saturday. It would be a good time to finalize our plans for times, food, etc. for the trip too. I know I didn't give enough warning for the meeting, so hopefully I did this time. I am thinking Corral? 8 am?