Strega

Where to EAT in San Diego

Name: Las Cuatro Milpas

4milpas0078.jpg

Couple o' tamales stickin' up outta the bowl and it'd be perfect. But two of the hot sauces? That stuff will melt your utensils.

Name: Las Cuatro Milpas

4milpas0078.jpg

oh hell yes, every monday at 9am 5 tacos and a pepis please,

My ribs:

No sauce, only rub, low and slow smoke for hours. And hours.

ribssharpsm.jpg

So many places to try someday.....

But Tough to beat: A white table, fine dining, well prepared dinner party at home with 6-8 friends , is always awesome. ;)

Maybe some of us should plan some SDAR dinner parties?...we can come up with some excuse I think? B)

Maybe some of us should plan some SDAR dinner parties?...we can come up with some excuse I think? B)

Suit yourself. My home isn't a very nice place for entertaining unless you are fond of the exploded thrift shop motif. ;)

Maybe some of us should plan some SDAR dinner parties?...we can come up with some excuse I think? ;)

I'd be willing to host, fairly central in SD.

But Tough to beat: A white table, fine dining, well prepared dinner party at home with 6-8 friends , is always awesome. ;)

Deb we could do it up real nice at lake poway. bbq would be really cool. lots of room and we could play some horse shoes and the kids have the playground/ lake to play

hobiee, I like the lake poway idea, (on the bbq side)...we can work on that....

not quite the "white table, fine dining" I was thinking of....(taken from tommy's post btw, which he said was 'for the ladies', perhaps why I like it.)...but cool.

Always fun to hang with the sdar family, riding and not riding.

...I'd be willing to host, fairly central in SD.

maybe cook seafood? ;) I heard you were trained by the pro's in the fine art of cooking?

maybe cook seafood? ;) I heard you were trained by the pro's in the fine art of cooking?

Don't tell anyone, or they'll actually make me cook =P

Ate here last night:

Bleu Bohemme

Kensington

French food

$150 per couple including drinks and tip.

Best provincial French food I've found in San Diego.

But Tough to beat: A white table, fine dining, well prepared dinner party at home with 6-8 friends , is always awesome. :clapping:

Maybe some of us should plan some SDAR dinner parties?...we can come up with some excuse I think? :good:

I know GUY

Name: Las Olas

Type: Mexican

Cost: $5-$20

Recommended By: Me

Notes: carne asada burrito is my favorite

Name: Hodads

Type: Hamburger

Recommended By: pyro

Notes: Huge waiting time to eat in these days. Call Ahead and do a pick-up order.

Recommendations: Cheeseburger Basket

Name: Money pit

Type: burger etc joint

Website: Google it. not being sarcastic, any info on it is on google.

Cost: $$

Recommended By: Argmister

Notes: Really cool decor, and really good chicken wraps and amazing fries.

New opening, soon

"Foccacia" University Ave, northside between 4th and 5th in Hillcrest soon to open. Will feature a fresh simple Italian style food bar at very resonable prices. The owner chef Alberto is friend from Sicilia, his table is always done right.

Name: Hendo's Local Pizza and Pints

Type: Pizza, pasta, salad, ect...

Recommended By: Craig

Notes: Sit anywhere, but order at the bar.

I ride Elfin Forest almost every day on my lunch, but normally turn around and head back into Escondido for a quick bite. Stumbled across this place on accident after getting fuel and have now found my new local pizza, beer, and probably sports watching spot. Pizza was great, salads looked good, and staff was super nice. Three TVs hanging about the bar, and a nice shaded patio to hang out outside. It's in the town square, so it's easy to get to.

Anytime someone wants to ride through Elfin, I'd be willing to meet up there for lunch or dinner. Also the owner, or managers boyfriend rides a KTM, so they might even have orange kool-aide :lol:

If Christy is your waitress tell her the kite guy sent ya B)

Name: Hendo's Local Pizza and Pints

Type: Pizza, pasta, salad, ect...

Recommended By: Craig

Notes: Sit anywhere, but order at the bar.

I ride Elfin Forest almost every day on my lunch, but normally turn around and head back into Escondido for a quick bite. Stumbled across this place on accident after getting fuel and have now found my new local pizza, beer, and probably sports watching spot. Pizza was great, salads looked good, and staff was super nice. Three TVs hanging about the bar, and a nice shaded patio to hang out outside. It's in the town square, so it's easy to get to.

Anytime someone wants to ride through Elfin, I'd be willing to meet up there for lunch or dinner. Also the owner, or managers boyfriend rides a KTM, so they might even have orange kool-aide :lol:

If Christy is your waitress tell her the kite guy sent ya B)

Craig --I ride -drive past that place twice a day-I am always grubby for lunch but mabey after work some day we could meet for a cold one. Elfin Forest is not a bad comute at all !

So I know it is sacrilegious to promote another fast food burger place that directly competes with In-N-Out, but its got to be said, because it is good, really really good. And dare I say, I like their burger more??? What???

Five Guys Burgers & Fries

Liberty Station in Pt Loma

2445 Truxton Road

San Diego, 92106

Background- Five Guys is essentially the east coast In-n-out based out of Virginia. I got hooked when I was temporarily assigned out there. Same business model, fresh, never frozen. And now, they are here!

So I know it is sacrilegious to promote another fast food burger place that directly competes with In-N-Out, but its got to be said, because it is good, really really good. And dare I say, I like their burger more??? What???

Five Guys Burgers & Fries

Liberty Station in Pt Loma

2445 Truxton Road

San Diego, 92106

Background- Five Guys is essentially the east coast In-n-out based out of Virginia. I got hooked when I was temporarily assigned out there. Same business model, fresh, never frozen. And now, they are here!

Do they still have the trays of peanuts to eat while you're waiting? I've been to a few Five Guys in various cities; good to know there's one here now.

So I know it is sacrilegious to promote another fast food burger place that directly competes with In-N-Out,

In-N-Out is an acceptable burger for a drive thru, but that's about it. Fries well-done, please.

Phil's BBQ!

They are opening up a Phil's in San Marcos pretty soon. Outside of the building is done, and they were having a hiring thing there 2 days ago. On San Marcos and Grand. Same parking lot as Lowes & Best Buy.