kellymac530

be careful.....

i know its a little late but i just got this notice...

Quoted From: http://www.riversidesheriff.org/press/sws10-0515.htm

On Saturday, May 15, the Temecula Police Department will be conducting a specialized Motorcycle Safety Enforcement Operation in the City of Temecula. Officers will be on duty patrolling areas frequented by motorcyclists, and where crashes often occur. Officers will be cracking down on traffic violations made by motorcyclists, as well as other vehicle drivers that can lead to motorcycle collisions, injuries, and fatalities.

Motorcycle traffic accident fatalities have been on the rise in California in general, and in the City of Temecula in particular. Approximately half of the fatal traffic accidents within the City of Temecula over the last year involved motorcyclists.

Factors contributing to motorcycle crashes very often include speeding and impairment due to alcohol and other drugs used by motorcyclists. The Temecula Police Department is also reminding all motorists to always be alert and watch out for motorcycles, especially when turning and changing lanes.

Another major factor leading to motorcycle crashes is inexperience. New riders can get training through the California Motorcycle Safety Program. Information and training locations are available at www.CA-msp.org Or 1-877 RIDE 411 or 1-877-743-3411.

Funding for this operation is provided by a grant from the California Office of Traffic Safety, through the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. If anyone has any questions regarding this operation, please contact Sergeant Kevin McDonald at the Temecula Police Department at (951) 696-3000.

Officers will be on duty patrolling areas frequented by motorcyclists, and where crashes often occur.

I live in Temecula and I don't know what areas they're talking about. I guess I get too far out of town for my fun ...

The enhanced enforcement is consistent with activity throughout the state and especially in Los Angeles, Ventura and Santa Barbara counties.

You literally cannot ride a bike through the Malibu area or the Angeles forest areas without the risk of being pulled over (for nothing).

Unfortunately, specialized Motorcycle Safety Enforcement Operations do not preclude, nor prevent motorcycle collisions, injuries, and fatalities.

What they DO is reinforce the counties fiscal contribution from ticket fees. .....which in-turn takes officers off the street to fight tickets. Oxymoronish per chance ?

let's start here: How about stopping every cager that is caught with a cell phone in their ear and raise the tix cost to $XXXXX dollars. THAT will save lives and prevent collisions, injuries, and fatalities !

As my daughter would say, Like: Duh...

...and yes. If you point your wheelie AT an officer, you are very likely to be shot. Wheelie responsibly !

FWIW....I saw many CHP's on the highways this weekend.

Hopefully not behind you ;)

One more reason to do your riding on WEEKDAYS. Join me sometime.

Right now my only set of 2-wheels is a street bike. Working on the DS ...

CHP is out there during the week too - I found one on the I-8 westbound between Pine Valley and Cuyamaca exits on a WEEKDAY - He seemed upset about my DS bike exceeding the 70MPH limit. Be Careful out there!

CHP is out there during the week too - I found one on the I-8 westbound between Pine Valley and Cuyamaca exits on a WEEKDAY - He seemed upset about my DS bike exceeding the 70MPH limit. Be Careful out there!

Random patrol out there. You can't outrun the long arm of the law. The article was about a special task force assembled to bag weekend warriors.

A few years back I was out mid-week on my VFR750, strafing corners and all alone...except for a tight line of cars coming towards me Eastbound on the straight in front of the glider port at Warner Springs. Wouldn't you know it, a CHP was the caboose in this tailgating and slow moving train. I whizzed on by at, ahem, 80-something. The CHP officer dutifully intercepted me a couple of miles later (after following me for a few corners to see if I'd cross the double yellow - I didn't).

We talked for quite awhile about the conditions of the day, virtually NO traffic, mid-day (good visibility), etc. I mentioned that to suggest that I was driving too fast was debatable since in order to catch up with me in such a short distance he had to have been driving over the ton. He claimed he was trained as justification; I claimed I also was trained (didn't touch the double-yellow in the twisties, right?) To no avail, however; I still got the summons.

I get the last laugh, however. You see, his name was Officer Thetford. So, too, is the brand name of the commode in my toybox. So, every time I sit on the thrown, I pay him his respect ;)

my issue is not with the officers that are just doing what their bosses are telling them too....albeit some individual officers seem to have their own agenda at times....my issue is much more with the riddiculous laws that california has in place regarding motorcycles in general.

I was on some small two lane today, doing about 80, and passing a group of cages in the right hand lane... as I crest a rise, I see him... CHP on the right shoulder with his radar gun pointed right at me... a quick glance at my speedo, and I KNEW I was busted.

Time to suck it up and take it like a man... resigned to the ticket, I was just hoping he would be professional about the whole thing... I see the lights in my mirror, and start pulling over, when he blazes past me!!!!

I lucked out, and slowed down... I could've EASILY been tagged for it had he wanted...

Maybe traffic cops felt sorry that I was trapped in a mini-van for 18 hours with three kids, a wife with a tiny bladder, and a Patterson novel on tape

I was PUNISHED already

I was up north Monterey this weekend, probably saw a hundred CHP running radar, my detector was blinking constantly...

That said, there is a stretch that I take where the BMW gets run wide open (rarely any cars) so I am jamming at about 120 with nothing in sight and my detectors goes NUTS, the little light in my hlemet is blinking like crazy and about 2 miles up I see him, under a tree but hazy in the desert "road fog stuff" I drop down to 60 (knowing that he could not have me from that far out) and crise by him, he immediately whips out and follows me for about a mile miles then flips his lights... I am hosed...

Then he flips it around and is G O N E in a hearbeat...

Didn't see any when I came through Temecula area though, then again it was about 4am.

.... I always have a problem with these "special task forces" why don't they ever have one for red cars (the most ticketed and crashed cars on the road)?

Not cop hate, just a question.... Nice officer scared a skidmark out of me today flashed his lights and siren as he was passing me in the express lane.

depends..........skidmark was on the ground from your tires.....or....in your shorts?

Maybe the first word in this post will alleviate the issue in the future :rolleyes::lol:

In the last two years I have noticed a marked increase in highway coverage and people getting pulled over. Remember, the state needs lots of money right now. Tickets are the logical source of income. Besides, I gotta admit that I think drivers are getting worse and worse every day (both in cars and on bikes) all over. :rolleyes:

my issue is not with the officers that are just doing what their bosses are telling them too....albeit some individual officers seem to have their own agenda at times....my issue is much more with the riddiculous laws that california has in place regarding motorcycles in general.

Homey, you need to moce to Virginia.

1) Crash = Wreckless Driving ticket, you can fight it but good luck.

2) I LOVE to ride in the rain (or snow for that matter) on my SuMo... it is totally legal, but I recieved a ticket 3 days in one week for "unsafe speed for condition" from the same fat cop. I was dong 40 in a 55 as refernced on the ticket. I was riding to work in the snow. My office was 3.7 miles from my house! The tickets ALL stood! It didn't matter that my helmet camera shows me keeping pace with two SUVs, becuase they would not allow me to present any evidence to defend myself... not to mention I did not have a 4 wheeled means of transport at the time.

... and the kicker

on one of the better roads in the area, the LEOs will sit and catch the dummies who come into the fun parts (the lead in is a straight boring 20 minute ride-if you don't know the backroads) at triple digit speeds. One weekday I go out that way and I hit the school zone flashers on the backroad; I see kids loading on buses. I get a ticket for "disrupting traffic" because I was doing 15 in a 25 by an unmarked unit who turned out behind me. This road is a 2 laner with no real place for the 3 buses to stop! The judge threw it out, but still...

I'll take CA on VA anyday based on #1 alone. That and 99% of the time my encounters with the police in CA are either because I was doing something stupid or are just good times (MotorPatrol Officers like to jam on backroads also). Yeah we have extra emmisions junk and some other stuff, but gettig hit by a car and having on your helmet camera with a clear plate number and still being charged with reckless driving (a ticket that stuck BTW) is worse in my mind.

Then again, I think targeting bikes is BS

I was up north Monterey this weekend, probably saw a hundred CHP running radar, my detector was blinking constantly...

That said, there is a stretch that I take where the BMW gets run wide open (rarely any cars) so I am jamming at about 120 with nothing in sight and my detectors goes NUTS, the little light in my hlemet is blinking like crazy and about 2 miles up I see him, under a tree but hazy in the desert "road fog stuff" I drop down to 60 (knowing that he could not have me from that far out) and crise by him, he immediately whips out and follows me for about a mile miles then flips his lights... I am hosed...

Then he flips it around and is G O N E in a hearbeat...

Didn't see any when I came through Temecula area though, then again it was about 4am.

Sounds like a scene from Super Troopers :o

Hopefully everyone here know that “task forces” are always made in response to public pressure to “do something” about a problem. Here we have weekend warriors getting on their Harleys and riding up to Temecula (sounds like a description of me). But then some of them act like ass hats and start speeding, having collisions, and generally terrorizing the neighborhood. You can expect the people of the area to start complaining and you can expect those complaints to be acted on. I would hope you would want your law enforcement agencies to act on complaints of the people.

If you don’t want to get a ticket then don’t be an ass hat. Don’t pretend that the public roads are your closed race courses. Don’t go speeding around on roads doing 80 in a 55 zone. As you speed around that rad curve you do not know that a cow is standing in the middle of the road, or that a child is crossing the street. Riding fast is fun! But do it on a closed course. Don’t go whining on a public forum about the cops giving you a ticket for doing 80 in a 55 zone or doing wheelies next to a school.

Hopefully everyone here know that “task forces” are always made in response to public pressure to “do something” about a problem. Here we have weekend warriors getting on their Harleys and riding up to Temecula (sounds like a description of me). But then some of them act like ass hats and start speeding, having collisions, and generally terrorizing the neighborhood. You can expect the people of the area to start complaining and you can expect those complaints to be acted on. I would hope you would want your law enforcement agencies to act on complaints of the people.

If you don’t want to get a ticket then don’t be an ass hat. Don’t pretend that the public roads are your closed race courses. Don’t go speeding around on roads doing 80 in a 55 zone. As you speed around that rad curve you do not know that a cow is standing in the middle of the road, or that a child is crossing the street. Riding fast is fun! But do it on a closed course. Don’t go whining on a public forum about the cops giving you a ticket for doing 80 in a 55 zone or doing wheelies next to a school.

haaaaaahaaaaaaaa he said ass hats I love it lol

Hey!!

Doing wheelies in front of school is a time honored tradition... obviously you never looped out in front of the varsity cheerleading squad!

Scars fade, broken bones heal, fines are paid and forgotten... but legends live forever, my friend.

i always raced by the motto....bones heal and chicks dig scars.....then my wife told me hates scars, i told her, you just lost your chick staus mommy... :good: