The Sierra National Forest just released their Travel Management Plan. They chose Alternative #5 with modifications. Their maps are just horrible. No references to existing landmarks. The Stewards of the Sierra haven't had a chance to digest the document yet but a close look at some of the areas near me show some significant trail loss (big surprise). It's probably better that would I expected but not where it should be.

For some of you who have ridden the area, it's where the Bass Lake 250 Dual Sport takes place each year. If you are interested in the nuts and bolts you can go to http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/sierra/projects/ohv/index.shtml.

If you would like to receive a copy of the Travel Management Plan you can email the Sierra National Forest at sierra.route@fs.fed.us and include "Information Request" in the subject line.

When I know more I'll post.

Thanks for the post Larry (and welcome to SDAR).....I'll be interested to hear what comes out of the May 17th meeting in Oakhurst.....

Thanks for the post Larry (and welcome to SDAR).....I'll be interested to hear what comes out of the May 17th meeting in Oakhurst.....

Tomorrow night is our Stewards of the Sierras meeting where we'll go over the plan and make recommendations for appeal. All the Forest Service meetings will be is to discuss what the plan is and maybe (?) answer questions on why certain trails were closed?

Just glancing at the crappy maps shows 007 gone along with a couple of other really nice singletracks near Whiskey Falls.

thanks for posting, and good luck with any appeals that might be possible...let us know how it goes...we must combine all efforts throughout the state/country if we are to make any difference in this fight for trails..

Just glancing at the crappy maps shows 007 gone along with a couple of other really nice singletracks near Whiskey Falls.

OUCH! Just closed to motorized traffic or are they actually proposing to block off the trails for ALL users? The MTB crowd would likely also throw a fit about losing 007......irritating......