Sign in to follow this  
kellymac530

first ride back

boy am i rusty :boast:

i put on 80 miles today. 60 of it alone on south main divide off of hwy74 ortega. took so main divide all the way down to tenaja then looped around to clinton keith and back around to my house.

it was all pavement but nice scenery and winding rolling roads....absolutley beautiful. awesome to get some wind in the face after almost 6 months.

got home and my ride bud rob called and had a bad day at work and just needed a beer and some throttle twisting.

he got here in 30 min. and we went down grand and up el cariso truck trail, my first dirt since surgery. then jumped over too hells kitchen for a pitcher and a few laughs.

back down ortega and home, 20 more miles rt for a total of 80mi. on my first real putt....not bad.

wrist felt okay, alot less feel in the palm and fingers so my clutch work sucked, and my right hand went numb, do probends and cycra hand gaurds cause a vibration?

my foot surgery site hurt the most. i ended up taking off the bottom buckle on my left boot to relieve the pressure on the top of the scar, that helped alot, so i kept riding.

:aggressive:

Always feels good to be back on the ride after a long break. I hated not being able to ride!

Welcome back to the world of balancing- take it easy

Post a newb ride, and I'll try to keep up

Awesome.. Good to hear you are back on the bike..

"do probends and cycra hand guards cause a vibration?"

KM530, answer is no , however: they can form a much more solid triangulated assembly. bar mount to bar to guards to guards mount, and it is possible that they can pick up a harmonic vibe, but IMHO its the no flex issue with the mount and strength of the assembly that is the harshness culprit.

This can prevent the fat bar from normal vibe dampening and hit flex, I don't usually mention that because it seems a little excessive, but that is the reason I use all plastic hand guards (plus they are lighter).

PS my 06 TE450 had the Cycra Probend set up with Renthal bars. Great quality stuff but for me it has a different feel, more solid and harsh.

PPS This is all arguable (with no real science/testing) and is based only my personal feel when riding. Its just food for thought for your own personal set up. RN

Congratulations on getting back in the saddle again. Take some pictures will ya? We all love pictures of rides. I bet the hillsides were pretty awesome looking out there right now after all the rain we've had. :aggressive:

i have no idea how to post pics. the slide show i posted when i first signed up here was pics that were sent to thru email from my ride bud rob.

once they were in my email i was able to load them to photbucket and post them here. but i have no idea how to transfer them from my camera to my laptop??????????????? :unsure:

remeber im a computer TARD.

do i need a cable or some way to connect my camera to my computer??

i have no idea how to post pics. the slide show i posted when i first signed up here was pics that were sent to thru email from my ride bud rob.

once they were in my email i was able to load them to photbucket and post them here. but i have no idea how to transfer them from my camera to my laptop??????????????? :unsure:

remeber im a computer TARD.

do i need a cable or some way to connect my camera to my computer??

or pull out the card and put it in a card reader... otherwise, you need a cord

or pull out the card and put it in a card reader... otherwise, you need a cord

Pffft! My computer is so outdated it doesn't have a card reader. I use one of those adapter thingies or a cord. Also you will need some application that will do the transfer. If your computer doesn't have anything, go to Google and get Picasa downloaded. It does a nice job of transferring and editing pictures.

ok, so my daughter in her busy life as a new licensed driver {1 week ago} took 2 seconds out of her busy schedule to show me that there was an adapter in the camera bag, in a hidden pocket that you have to put the sd card into then that scan disk adapter thingamobober does fit into the side of my laptop.

now i can see pics on that disk but now how do i post them here. i do have a photobucket account, that i somehow figured out how to make a slide show on that i posted when i first signed on here.

do i log onto {hahah i said LOG} photobucket, then insert the disk and transfer them to my PB account?

dang im dumb...all these years and i never believed my wife.....i hate it when she is right :unsure:

do i log onto {hahah i said LOG} photobucket, then insert the disk and transfer them to my PB account?

dang im dumb...all these years and i never believed my wife.....i hate it when she is right :unsure:

copy them to your computer first then upload to the pb

Dang it, don't make me come over there and slap you. :unsure: You should have a UBS cord that fits your camera and plugs into the back of your computer. Download Picasa onto your desktop, so you can make files on your desktop. When you plug your camera into the computer and then turn on the camera, a prompt should come up asking you to choose something. On mine, I have Kodak Easyshare, two different Nikon applications, a Lexmark app that came with my printer and the Picasa app that I downloaded and that is the one that I usually pick to load my pictures onto the computer. Click on the app you want to use and then follow the instructions as they come up. Your pictures will be easy to find right in files on your desktop when you log into the Photobucket account and click on the bulk uploader option.

OR.......

you could tell your Daughter that there is a full tank of gas for her if she downloads your pictures to the computer and then attach any photos to your posts. :beach:

OR.......

you could tell your Daughter that there is a full tank of gas for her if she downloads your pictures to the computer and then attach any photos to your posts. :beach:

oh yeah...bribes, i forgot about that....

dirt dame...."JUST do......" you lost me at download? hahahaha B)

KellyMac, you can always shoot me a PM or gimme a ring if you have any picture related questions.

I can also give you access on my site to upload your photo's if you'd like. I'll help any way I can to get your pics out to the world.

ha ha all this talk about programs and such i never were useful all i ever do is plug in the cord to the camera and copy/cut pictures to a folder and from there do whatever i feel like.