Yhea baby finaly I have my XR 650 R PLATE yhea plate,, :lol: now im a DUAL SPORT, anyways, we planning to go san felipe last weekend of april, friday 30 go from tecate to mike's, saturday may 1st go to san felipe, have some fun sunday 2nd may we can go to puentesitos and monday back to the states,,,so far 5 wants to go ( Me, Tree, Tim,John and he's Brother anybody alse?

Yhea baby finaly I have my XR 650 R PLATE yhea plate,, :rolleyes: now im a DUAL SPORT, anyways, we planning to go san felipe last weekend of april, friday 30 go from tecate to mike's, saturday may 1st go to san felipe, have some fun sunday 2nd may we can go to puentesitos and monday back to the states,,,so far 5 wants to go ( Me, Tree, Tim,John and he's Brother anybody alse?

NSOB......I'll see if I can join you guys......sounds fun.....

I'd like to try and make it. I'll have to see what my schedule looks like as the time gets closer.

Congrats on the plated 650R.

Me, Tree, Tim,John and he's Brother anybody alse?

Not afraid of Baja, just afraid of keeping up with that crowd.

Too fast for me....

Not afraid of Baja, just afraid of keeping up with that crowd.

Too fast for me....

Are those guys all desert racers?

The trip is actually a bachlor party ride for John79 (he's getting married in September). Some of you may have met him at the desert dash as he rode sweep with me both days. The weekend would look like this- get down to the border (Tecate) early (6:30am Friday morning). Ride the bikes accross and down to Mike's day 1. Day 2 (Saturday) head to San Felipe. Stay saturday and sunday at the El Cortez. Come back Monday morning. I did this ride last year but only stayed in SF 1 night. The extra night will make it more enjoyable. Plus it's a bachlor party need one night to cut loose with out having to get back on the bikes early in the morning. <_<

There will be some slower guys along as well so no need to worry about speed we'll stop at certain points and make sure everyone is still together plus we are trying to hook up some chase vehicles so that may be an option for anyone that wants to go that route.

Paul- they are posting the ride... if you want to go; go... they won't ditch you.... I mean, TREE may, but the others guys won't... and you can keep up fine. They've had slower people tag along, and shown patience <_<

:lol::lol:
Paul- they are posting the ride... if you want to go; go... they won't ditch you.... I mean, TREE may, but the others guys won't... and you can keep up fine. They've had slower people tag along, and shown patience <_<

Paul- they are posting the ride... if you want to go; go... they won't ditch you.... I mean, TREE may, but the others guys won't... and you can keep up fine. They've had slower people tag along, and shown patience :ph34r:

They ride a fast pace, but have the patience to crawl out when necessary. :unsure:

Javi, is anyone still interested in racing the Baja 500 in June?

Paul- they are posting the ride... if you want to go; go... they won't ditch you.... I mean, TREE may, but the others guys won't... and you can keep up fine. They've had slower people tag along, and shown patience :unsure:

They ride a fast pace, but have the patience to crawl out when necessary. :unsure:

YHEA Im interesting, we need get together and talk about this cauz we need to planning ahead of time, call me 619) 672-6622 :lol: are you going San Felipe?

Paul- they are posting the ride... if you want to go; go... they won't ditch you.... I mean, TREE may, but the others guys won't... and you can keep up fine. They've had slower people tag along, and shown patience :unsure:

YHEA Im interesting, we need get together and talk about this cauz we need to planning ahead of time, call me 619) 672-6622 :lol: are you going San Felipe?

i probably cannot get a hall pass for both San Felipe AND the Baja 500 - will call u about planning/pitting/bike/gps, etc.

Paul- they are posting the ride... if you want to go; go... they won't ditch you.... I mean, TREE may, but the others guys won't... and you can keep up fine. They've had slower people tag along, and shown patience :ph34r:

They ride a fast pace, but have the patience to crawl out when necessary. :angry:

YHEA Im interesting, we need get together and talk about this cauz we need to planning ahead of time, call me 619) 672-6622 :) are you going San Felipe?

i probably cannot get a hall pass for both San Felipe AND the Baja 500 - will call u about planning/pitting/bike/gps, etc.

soud good, Im fixing my bike, so we can go more often to la baja,,, B)

Hi Folks,

Been a while since I was on this site.

Just wanted to warn you that the last weekend in April is the Norra Mexican 1000 Rally.

Starts April 28 - May 2.

Mexicali - BOLA - Loreto - La Paz.

It will be very crowded down there.

http://norra.org/

we talk about this today, we think will be ok cauz that race start wednesday 28, we going to mikes on friday 30, and saturday May 1st san felipe, :lol: 3 days after the race,,

we talk about this today, we think will be ok cauz that race start wednesday 28, we going to mikes on friday 30, and saturday May 1st san felipe, B) 3 days after the race,,

Yeah the race should be by us by the time we head to SF and spring break is earlier in the month. So all is good to go. The track might have a few whoops from the race but that's half the fun. B)

Will this be all fire and jeep roads ? Any single track ?

If no single track or nasty trails, I can take the 950.

VACATION HOME RENTAL IN SAN FELIPE I think is good idea ;) , we need too see how many people going, because is going to be 2 nights,, from tecate to mikes, I think is not to bad, but some areas are very rocky, well you know what is little bit of everything, from mikes to san felipe is lot of woops and sand :blink: ,,, for the last 7 years I rode a wr 250 (lighter) ;) , this is going to be my first ride with xr 650(heavier) :o , for me is going to be new experiance in la baja,,,

It's mostly fire roads and wider trails but there are a few that have rocks, ruts, and sand whoops. The tightest trail is going from via trinidad into Mikes the back way but you can cut that out by going the highway to the main dirt road entrance. some of it is old race course so it can be chewed up. I don't think it is alot harder the the desert dash course.

OK it's about time to make the hotel (el cortez) reservations. I need to know who is definately in for a finally head count.

OK it's about time to make the hotel (el cortez) reservations. I need to know who is definately in for a finally head count.

I'll figure it out by this Friday.....I'd probably be more inclined to head to Santa Veronica on Thursday night and let you mad dogs chase me down on Friday morning........I'd prefer to have a Negra Modelo or two the night before and enjoy a nice breakfast Friday morning rather than getting up at O'Dark thirty on Friday morning to ride across the border.......but that's just me........would also prefer to load up there on way back from San Felipe and pimp through the border crossing/head for home since it's a long haul from San Felipe to the border........I'll let ya know.......

The last time I went to Rancho Santa Veronica/San Felipe/Mike's it was for Rohan's 21st B-Day celebration......that should be a good tune-up for a bachelor party :):lol:

5.jpg

The kid held up a lot better than us old fools......we didn't scare/intimidate him one bit.....well, the bar tab might've intimidated him a bit but that's about it

6.jpg

I'll figure it out by this Friday.....I'd probably be more inclined to head to Santa Veronica on Thursday night and let you mad dogs chase me down on Friday morning........I'd prefer to have a Negra Modelo or two the night before and enjoy a nice breakfast Friday morning rather than getting up at O'Dark thirty on Friday morning to ride across the border.......but that's just me........would also prefer to load up there on way back from San Felipe and pimp through the border crossing/head for home since it's a long haul from San Felipe to the border........I'll let ya know.......

The last time I went to Rancho Santa Veronica/San Felipe/Mike's it was for Rohan's 21st B-Day celebration......that should be a good tune-up for a bachelor party :punish: :blink:

5.jpg

The kid held up a lot better than us old fools......we didn't scare/intimidate him one bit.....well, the bar tab might've intimidated him a bit but that's about it

6.jpg

The minds willing, but the body isn't.....will have to pass up on this one (and the Grand Canyon).

Will reassess in a couple of months.....