TrophyHunter

Border Ride...Sunday.....IT'S ON!...

i am interested and probably so is my dad but neither of us have large tanks yet( only about 2 gallon tanks) that will get us somewhere around 40 miles. so my question would be the total length and what are the gas stops inbetween?

Quick answer is...I'm checking. I don't know what you're riding but I would imagine it has a longer range than 40 miles. You'd know best. My DR650 with minor mods gets 40 mpg.

I will check but I don't think it's 40 miles to gas. I'll update the first post with more info and bump this thread when I do.

Glad to see a lot of interest and some new members jumping in. Should be a good ride.

ok well i have an aprilia rxv 450 with the 2 gallon tank and my dad has a husqvarna te 510 with a tank of about the same capacity but if we are going roughly 40 miles then i will just pack some extra gas just to make sure.

dang i wish i was cleared for riding sounds fun, and like a reasonably easy start back on the bike :lol: bummer

I might be in, if nothing else pops up.

So ya been here a few months and already we're "Plan B"...? :lol:

Yes Wil...same ride. Maybe a few hearty soles will split off this time and do the Kernan option. We'll see. I'll be leading the big bike brigade on the slab if that happens.

What time do you figure we would be done? I think I saw "all day" and not sure if that means until dark or ...?

I might be in, if nothing else pops up.

So ya been here a few months and already we're "Plan B"...? :lol:

Yes Wil...same ride. Maybe a few hearty soles will split off this time and do the Kernan option. We'll see. I'll be leading the big bike brigade on the slab if that happens.

what is this kernan option you speak of????

The ride goes along Buckman Springs Road, up old 80 and into Pine Valley. An alternative route wuold involve Buckman to Morena Stokes to Kernan Trail to Bear Valley to Pine Valley.

Had no takers last time.

What time do you figure we would be done? I think I saw "all day" and not sure if that means until dark or ...?

You could be back in RSD by Noon - Noon 30 if you bailed after the first track. We were back at my house by 3 - 3:30 last time without the Kernan addition. Add an hour if you do Kernan..? I will not be doing Kernan.

This Ride WILL happen Sunday, March 14th.

All experience levels welcome. Street licensed bikes only. Top off before launching from 905/125. Bail point after initial loop will be on 94 by Barrett Junction if you need to leave 1/2 way there.

DO NOT truck to the gas station unless you want to ride back there. The ride will end by Rancho SD and street parking will be available at my house.

You will need $5 for the 125 toll road if you take it. It's worth it to me. It's $4.50 so I throw a 5 in ....quicker than loading in 4 ones and 50 cents. Fine is $54 for not paying.

The machines do not make change!!!

Bring extra $$ for gas in Tecate and food in Campo area.

I can't imagine anyone running out of gas between stops. I will carry 2 fuel bottles (1/2 gallon total) just in case.

Please be self sufficient as you can (tubes, wrenches for your axles, etc). DO NOT miss the ride if you're not fully equiped. We will do our best to get you through IF there's a mechanical issue.

More info/planning since there's interest. Figure 0900 launch from my house or 0930 at the gas station at 125/905. Plan for most of the day & bring a jacket for the slab sections in the afternoon. I wish I could say I froze my a$$ off but I just looked...it's still there. :lol:

Anyway, it was numbing.

Please post if you're interested. I'd like to get all the water crossings again while they're still available.

I will use this thread for updates. ...Matt...& all other recent new members..get out & join a SDAR ride!

Riding

Me - Sweep w/Slut - Radio

Fakename - Lead - Radio

Hobie

Vegetable Television

Erick

Bikeslut - Co-Sweep - Radio

Blind - pending

Argmister - pending

Starpal +1 - pending

My bike is a bit low geared (KTM EXC 400). How much freeway riding will there be?

My bike is a bit low geared (KTM EXC 400). How much freeway riding will there be?

23 miles from my house to the gas station launch point. We just occupied the far right (slow) lane last time.

There'll be some riding on 94 and some side roads on the way back. Unavoidable. The riding itself is pretty mild so if you have the ability to go up a tooth on the front sprocket that would help. My DR is geared for road and it does fine on this ride.

i am effing down for this!!! put me on the list. anyone can make the 905 to 94 trail, i saw a beemer with street tires make it look easy!

There isn't going to be a toll road part, is there? :lol:

Well we could always JUMP over the toll booth. Any takers? I'll need a bulldozer, shovel and dirt.

Yup. Unless you want to ride 94 to 805 to 905 back east. I think nomilk will tell you it's worth the 5 bucks.

Yup. Unless you want to ride 94 to 805 to 905 back east. I think nomilk will tell you it's worth the 5 bucks.

it makes the difference and well worth a beer to ride the 125

maps added to 1st post.

nomilk...added...glad ur comin'!

Awsome!!

If there's still room for a FNG, I'd like to join in on the fun Sunday! With all the rain recently, any idea on how deep the water crossing(s) are?

PS, will try to bring along my helmet cam as well. I hate video editing (I have no patience), but don't mind posting raw footage in case others have a nack for it :lol:

Hey can't make this ride but thought I'd share some info.

Otay got lots of rain. I'm not sure of your route but the Ridge Road is really muddy and has big deep rain ruts in a few areas. The water crossing in Marron Valley was over the top of my front tire today. If it doesn't rain anymore this week it might be a little lower this weekend.

Have fun and happy riding. I can't make it I'll be working.

Jon

I might be able to make this ride, I`ll post on Friday when I know.

ju1431.JPG

REMEMBER to set your clock one hour FORWARD before retiring Saturday night.

Updated 1st post with more riders...outstanding!

Kris...I know it's a bit of a drive but hope ya can make it.

Excellent point FN....forgot to add that.....Spriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing Forward.

Based on Pasta's report...expect some water. Weather says no more rain so by Sunday it might be similar to the photos from the last ride.

You WILL be getting wet and muddy. :lol:

This is SD Adventure Riders....yeah?

...oh yeah...slut...you butt dialed me this morning. Don't know if I should be offended or thankful.. :lol:

...oh yeah...slut...you butt dialed me this morning. Don't know if I should be offended or thankful.. :lol:

you assume it was an accident

hey... at least it was at 730... I have, in the past month, called an ex-girlfriend at 0230, and a buddy in Africa, where he has to pay $5 a minute to listen to my band... the girlfriend thing could be interesting when my wife sees my bill...

hhhhmmmm.... you called __________ at 230 IN THE MORNING, huh? And talked for 30 minutes? THAT'S gonna leave a mark!