PastaPilot

Get the wheels dirty 1/26 or 1/27

For those that remember there was once a ride into Baja planned for this weekend. Due to many reasons, it fell apart. Everything but my desire to do a long 2-3 day ride. Hell I haven't been on my bike in over a month, so any ride at this point sounds better than Christmas.

I have negotiated this Friday off and would really like to do a really long all day ride on Friday or Saturday. I am thinking of either starting at the Beach in the smelly Border State Park and working my way eastward untill I find desert. This would be the beginning half of a possible Ocean to River ride. Route is negotiable.

Or I've got a route picked out toward my cousins house Northeast of Anza (Middle of Nowhereville, beautiful house though) If I do this route, I'll hit dirt on Pamo rd in Ramona stop by my cousins place say hi and finish the ride with a trip to the summit of Santa Rosa Mt. Might be snow up there, dress warm.

If anybody's interested, please chime in with a preference or an idea for another rouote. It's been awhile and I am really interested in getting in the dirt again.

Oh and I'm also in for the upcoming Sunday ride as well. :angry:

Jon

Not at all Alex, I've spent lots of time looking down on the area on Google Earth and picking out a route. I'm not sure if the roads I've picked are even open. The first route I planned ended at private property on Lusardi TT off Pamo Rd in Ramona. Since that didn't work I plan to go up Black Canyon Rd and then toward Warner Springs. The rest is on paper, it'll be a lot of exploring and may only lead to gated roads.

Only one way to find out though.

Jon,

I have a BIG ride in mind: Viejus-Banner-Ocatillo Wells-Borrego Springs-Coyote Canyon RD (the part I know nothing about B) ) -Palomar or Puerta La Cruz-Ramona-Home. Should be around 200 miles plus with 70% dirt. I'm not even shure if it can be done one day.

Hondapilot are you still trying to muster a ride on FRI! I would love to go on a ride considering my weekends are booked for awhile. I do have to be back home by 4:00. Exploring sounds cool! Lost, not so cool! If you go on closed property and no one sees you, is it still trespassing? Just kidding! No nasty pm's.

FYI, Coyote Canyon out of Borrego Springs or Anza is not a through road. It is blocked for a distance about half way up/down, something about disturbing the Bighorn Sheep. Also, there is a fun route from Warner Springs to Anza. It is kind of hard to find your way without a GPS. I've attached the route in GPX format if you do own a GPS. I am planning on leading a ride on this route either the 4th or 11th of Feburary, if you want to wait... B)

ws_to_anza.zip

XRBum,

Lets do Friday! You wanna meet in Ramona? Normal place, Normal time.....Now that I think about it what was the normal place? It's been so long. The gas station by the Autozone, say 9AM?

I'll be riding on that new Italian dualsport tire that everyones raving about, Baldini, maybe you've heard of them? I' ll be putting on a new Kenda Trackmaster on saturday. Thanks Mescalero B)

I'm up for Warner Springs to Anza on Sunday. Maybe do High Point and Palomar Divide on the return. Thats approx. 150 miles round trip from Ramona. Anyone else interested?

I'll be riding on that new Italian dualsport tire that everyones raving about, Baldini, maybe you've heard of them? I' ll be putting on a new Kenda Trackmaster on saturday. Thanks Mescalero B)

Your welcome... I drink TECATE B)

See ya

I'm up for Warner Springs to Anza on Sunday. Maybe do High Point and Palomar Divide on the return. Thats approx. 150 miles round trip from Ramona. Anyone else interested?

Theres gonna be something planned for Sunday somewhere.....

Hi-jack alert..... Tubebender, are you a fab guy? Also, what do you ride?

Your on Hondapilot! Do you live close and riding? If I ride out I guess we would have matching baldini's! That's ok I have a new and improved tire on the way, although it would be nice to have a truck somewhat close just in case! Whens the last time you changed your oil? Where are we going to go?

Theres gonna be something planned for Sunday somewhere.....

Hi-jack alert..... Tubebender, are you a fab guy? Also, what do you ride?

I ride a KLR. And yes, I have done a bit of fabbing over the years.

So, who wants to ride with me on Sunday?

I live in PB and I'll be riding to Ramona, it'd be great to have a truck but I can't finance that. It takes a good 45 mins and it's about 45 miles for me just to get to Ramona. I got the Kenda at a great price but I don't think it'll last me 1000 miles. I have just over 3000 on my Trailwing stockers. My oil is fresh and so am I, I can't wait to get on the bike again.

If you don't mind a little exploring I'd like to resume my route that I have planned toward my cousin's house. If we make it on the route I have planned we can finish the ride with a trip up Santa Rosa Mt. Yes thats Snow on the top. B)

If nothing pans out we could rip it up Palomar Mt again and just take some lookie-loos around the area see what we find.

I'll pm details.

Jon

I'll be riding on that new Italian dualsport tire that everyones raving about, Baldini, maybe you've heard of them?

Awesome! Very nice John! Yes, i have heard of them! I just replaced one! Worked well for me! Got almost 2000 miles out of it!

B) B) :D

So, who wants to ride with me on Sunday?

Me!

Shoot me an email: speicher "at symbol" san.rr.com

Thanks

Oh and I think we should a stop at a strip club on this ride to keep in tune with the "dirty" theme. Just a thought.