Great discussion guys..

I also have the fear that information we supply will be used against us but I would rather be involved and feel like I have done everything that I can in the effort to save and grow our riding areas versus sitting back and letting it happen.

I'm sure you are all aware that OW sponsored a Geo-caching event a couple of weekends ago. It amazed me how much work the Rangers did to put on that event and the fact that the event was suggested by one of the Rangers. They placed over 100 caches just for the event and put a lot of time and effort into making it successful.

I think by getting to know them and letting them get to know us and showing them that we are just looking for a place to ride in a responsible manner and not to go out and destroy every bush, tree, and critter in the desert has got to do some good.

Unfortunately in a lot of cases we are also our own worst enemy. Look at the park after a big weekend. People leave big piles of beer cans and trash at a camp site that is 100 yards from a dumpster. We need to educate ourselves and each other so that we stop giving ourselves a bad name in the public eye.

It's good to hear there are Rangers on our side. Yes, we need to work with them as it can only help our cause. Some of them are on our side just as there are some, probably a greater majority, that are on the other (dark- extreme enviromental) side too. The big problem is that most of the new regulations, closures, fenced off areas and new management plans are being driven by the dark side. Everything we can do to improve our image and work positively with those on our side will hopefully benefit us.

Well I went to the public information meeting along with about 12 other people :) . That's better than the turnout at the Riverside meeting last night...1 person. Oh well, this is just the beginning of the EIR process...public information gathering. If you want your voice heard fill out the questionnaire on www.planocotillowells.com