Sign in to follow this  
Bagstr

Rain, Supercross and Superbowl

Final Edit - Ride is Off as of 9:15PM Saturday. See you next week!

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&i...017745&z=16

EDIT - Ride is Sunday 0830, Park near the trees in the above map. Road access is not bad. See Post 7.

Rain building to Likely Friday into Saturday morning. Lingering showers Sunday ( In Town ) Mostly Sunny Sunday in the Dez.

The choice is Warm Rain Saturday or Cold Rain/Snow ( In the Mtns ) Sunday.

So much for the weather forecast.

Rain, So; Supercross, So; Superbowl, So. Mmm, Sunday I would be back for most of the S-Bowl.

Pointing to riding down south in the Carrizo Badlands. Park in Carrizo Valley east of Mountain Palm Springs Campground.

Favoring Sunday over Saturday. By Sunday, Cabin Fever will be setting in. Arroyo Tapiado to the end, cross over to Diablo

to the end (north) and return. Per usual, subject to change based on conditions and interest.

474280881_gzvLU-L.jpg

P.S. Have the new radio setup, would be fun to test.

i am officially penciling myself in for this one. can i borrow a pencil?

bags, what is meeting time, route distance? briana and I might come ride with you tomorrow if I can get the thumpers running tonight.

Terrific Gang. Because of the forecast Rain Friday into Saturday, I would like to schedule this SUNDAY, meeting 0830. How does that time work for each of you? ( Sorry for the choice of days, Alex )

My thought is to roam north and enjoy the ride/views. I have not been up June Wash, so that is an idea. Not planning on dropping down Diablo to keep the time reasonable. But we can explore the Tops of Tapiado and Diablo for starters. I plan on leaving about 2:00PM to get back for some of the Super Bowl Adds.

As always, open to ideas.

i've been a bit out of touch with time and weather this week, had my head burried in work. Just checked and 30% chance of rain in the dez and mountains tomorrow and wind for sunday. Personally I prefer rain to wind. Anyone else?

Edit: I just talked to alex, we will go for desert tomorrow morning meeting at evan hewes hwy and painted gorge road at 9:30 riding at 10. Going to explore some areas around there and then hit some technical stuff on the backside of superstition in the later half of the day if we aren't drowning by then.

meeting spot:

spot

bags, I can move this to another thread if you want.

I was thinking to go out on Sunday this seems interesting.... my bikes they have been seating around for too long

EDIT - Ride is Sunday 0830, Park near the trees in the above map. Road access is not bad. See Post 7.

Rain building to Likely Friday into Saturday morning. Lingering showers Sunday ( In Town ) Mostly Sunny Sunday in the Dez.

Rain, So; Supercross, So; Superbowl, So. Mmm, Sunday I would be back for most of the S-Bowl.

Pointing to riding down south in the Carrizo Badlands. Park in Carrizo Valley east of Mountain Palm Springs Campground.

Favoring Sunday over Saturday. By Sunday, Cabin Fever will be setting in. Arroyo Tapiado to the end, cross over to Diablo

to the end (north) and return. Per usual, subject to change based on conditions and interest.

474280881_gzvLU-L.jpg

Spaugh,

Have fun. Are you running Paddles, for the Technical Rain Section?

Me be hopin' the rain and wind will finish about 10AM Sunday. I will keep checking with NOAA and my Cabin Fever Thermometer.

Spaugh,

Have fun. Are you running Paddles, for the Technical Rain Section?

Me be hopin' the rain and wind will finish about 10AM Sunday. I will keep checking with NOAA and my Cabin Fever Thermometer.

haha, it isn't gonna rain much if any. 30% chance usually = little or no rain out there. Enjoy the desert it ought to be good!

PS, get some rain gear, bring it with you and go ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll post up conditions tomorrow.

by the looks of it papa and spaugh are getting soaked out there :lol:

by the looks of it papa and spaugh are getting soaked out there :lol:

when i got past Alpine it was rainy cats and dogs - i'd take wind over rain personally

weather was good. we rode from 10 until 1 then it started raining lightly for a few hours then cleared up again. Good time. Briana and I met brandoninSD on our way home. You all missed out!!

So, Anyone want to Ride. Or are we watching the Pre-Game?

Forecast is for a few showers, mostly ending by 10:00, then partly cloudy, 58F and breezy.

I will check back once at 9:00PM and go if I have company. No riding partner = coffee and the paper

with the wife in the AM.

Hey Dave I am heading to ocotillo around 8.30 with a couple of friends not sure yet on what route, (some non plated bikes with) we are all 95% committed unless the rain is really bad if you still want to ride let me know hopefully you still have my number

Final Edit - Ride is Off as of 9:15PM Saturday. See you next week!

474280881_gzvLU-L.jpg

Bags,

Been away from the computer for awhile and didn't know this ride was about to time out. :lol:

I Would have been up for it...guess it's after the fact.

Have a great rest of your weekend!