KTMrad

SDAR Voluntary Supporting Membership Fee UPDATED 6/12/19

Just need to know where to send the check, if that is what you prefer. Can't access the members section. Thanks

UPDATE:

Contributing members will have access to additional benefits:

• Discounts at certain motorcycle shops
  • SDAR Club membership card, listed as a contributing, supporting or sponsoring member (whatever we decide to call it)
  • Access to Members Only Forums
  • Discount on all SDAR merchandise (stickers, hats, t-shirts, etc.)
  • Discount on entry fee to any SDAR organized, promoted ride or event
  • Some additional forum controls for each paid member
  • Discounts on MSF Basic motorcycle training

Only Contributing Members will be able to attach motorcycle only related photos (using SDAR server) to your posts, following proper photo posting guidelines (including max size of photos being 1024 x 768)

Only Contributing Members will be allowed to have an Avatar or Photo in their signature.

There will no longer be passwords for the Members Only Forum. All contributing members will be able to see the MO Forums, non-contributing members will not be able to see the forums.

GPS Forum will be moved to the MO Forums.

We already have at least 3 motorcycle shops who have offered to give discounts to SDAR paid members.

New SDAR merchandise to be sold, is in the works.

Details on everything, including shops offering discounts, will be posted soon.

I'm still working on other shops for discounts.

For anyone who has made a monetary donation to SDAR before, you do not need to pay for the first year of voluntary membership. If anyone decides they want to contribute more than the $20/year, of course that will be graciously accepted.

If you are a moderator or listed as a club officer, your get all the benefits of a contributing member, without having to contribute the $20.

We also plan on having an official Club Meeting probably quarterly.

Thanks for your support and understanding !

I want to thank everyone who helps with the club and website and who has donated in the past. And, I'd like to thank all SDAR participants and members for helping make SDAR what it is today !

If you use the Paypal or send a check in the mail, please include

• Your Full Name & site USERNAME
  • Address
  • Phone Number

this way I can easily keep track of who is who......thanks !

Bump as a reminder, if you'd like to be a SDAR Supporting Member........please read Post # 1.

Thanks for your support !

Ho do we find out if we are currently paid-up SDAR members?

Check your PM..

Bump for all the new people joining every week.

Thanks to all for your support !

Just a reminder if any new members are interested.

We have a bunch of shop discounts available for Supporting Members Only.

I have Membership Cards from Rexr, for the last few people who signed up as Supporting Members.

Will get in the mail this week.

Thanks !

Crawdaddy mentioned something about setting up online registration/payment for events in another post. Online SDAR membership dues would be really cool too. Speaking of which mine just expired, will there be someone at Desert Dash to take membership dues? Or would you prefer Paypal? Mailing a check is out since I don't own checks anymore.

The best software I've found for running clubs and small organizations is something called Wild Apricot. Keeps track of members, dues (on a recurring basis) etc. One CAN set up recurring billing on PayPal as well.

I'll look into it after the DD.

We will not be collecting membership dues at the Dash, we don't need another thing to deal with during the weekend.

Thanks !

The best software I've found for running clubs and small organizations is something called Wild Apricot. Keeps track of members, dues (on a recurring basis) etc. One CAN set up recurring billing on PayPal as well.

A few more things for you to look at when if you're interested after the Dash, Randy...

Big Bear Trail Riders site uses Club Express for their dues. It's a pretty slick system. Sends reminder emails, receipts, etc. It says as their pricing plan is reasonable too (for less that 500 members, they charge 40 cents per member per year). You can do online signups for their rides there too - not sure what they charge for that service though.

I also got talked into riding a D37 Hare and Hound this weekend and the club putting on the race is using Eventbrite for the signups. I don't know what the backend looks like to the organizers, but the front end was sweet for me signing up. Their pricing page says using the system is free for a free event (I suppose if you're making money on the tickets, they want their cut - 2.5% plus 99 cents).

In light of the extra efforts of Uncle Cameron, KTMrad and Carguy to fight the recent virus, I'd like to BUMP this thread

SDAR costs money to host, maintain and repair (especially when viruses attack). Your Voluntary Paid Membership goes to help keep SDAR up and running. The membership provides you a discount at local moto shops (along with other discounts and benefits listed in the first post of this thread). The shop discount alone has literally paid for itself 10 times over for me.

Consider being a Supporting Member of SDAR. Keep SDAR alive and healthy super.gif

Everyone please note...if u paid a voluntary supporting membership donation but did not provide your first and last name and site display name....u have not been added to the club member roster for shop discounts.

If u paid but did not give me your names please email me with that info....plus your phone numbers and email for club use only. My email is on the contacts tab on front page of SDAR.

I plan on updating the club roster this weekend

Membership cards will take longer....I currently don't have a working printer.

And THANKS to everyone for your support !

I made a donation a couple months ago but never got any kind of confirmation so i havr no idea if you have my info or not?

Hi Randy,

Tried to pm (denied. pm box full ?) you for paypal address so I can catch up on dues. ?

Thanks !

Everyone please note...if u paid a voluntary supporting membership donation but did not provide your first and last name and site display name....u have not been added to the club member roster for shop discounts.

If u paid but did not give me your names please email me with that info....plus your phone numbers and email for club use only. My email is on the contacts tab on front page of SDAR.

I plan on updating the club roster this weekend

Membership cards will take longer....I currently don't have a working printer.

And THANKS to everyone for your support !

Used my 20% off at Motoworld today!

I made a donation a couple months ago but never got any kind of confirmation so i havr no idea if you have my info or not?

Still don't have my membership card... :eh:

I still can't pay money...

Tried pm again, message box: "KTMrad cannot receive any new messages".

http://www.dualsport-sd.com/

Donate button is here ^^^^^^

I don't have a membership card, either, but our supporting and generous businesses will usually take your word for it on discounts. Thx to Randy and others who have secured the support.