socalhodaka

Ram Mount

Is there a store here in San Diego, North County that sells the Ram Mounts or do I need to shop online?

Looking for Etrex Vista CX mount.

Thanks Kelly

Is there a store here in San Diego, North County that sells the Ram Mounts or do I need to shop online?

Thanks Kelly

Kelly, I usually order from one of these guys. I don't know anyone local that carries the things I want in stock. :huh: Ken

http://www.cycoactive.com/

http://offroute.com/search/search.asp?sear...p;x=28&y=13

Thanks Kelly

I agree with Ken, locally to find the cradle, motorcycle U-bolt and arm is a long-shot. REI in Carlsbad possibly, but please call first.

I use GPSCity. Competitive product pricing, shipping and they fill the orders the same day.

http://www.gpscity.com/rammounts

AKCooper made a cut-out in his square bar pad with a metal backing plate to mount his Etrex dead center between the triple clamps........low and stable........I like it.......I may do the same since my RAM elbow sometimes loosens while riding (either on it's own or from me bumping inot it)......readjusting on the fly is a PITA.......

Aaron - Do you have a picture you can post of your Etrex set-up?

since my RAM elbow sometimes loosens while riding (either on it's own)

Cut-out a quarter-sized piece of sand paper and place between the ball and the receiver end, will not move ever again :huh:

or from me bumping inot it)

Can't help you with that :)

AKCooper made a cut-out in his square bar pad with a metal backing plate to mount his Etrex dead center between the triple clamps........low and stable........I like it.......

Aaron - Do you have a picture you can post of your Etrex set-up?

Here is the best picture I have here at work. When I get home tonight, I'll snap a couple more pictures of my setup

p1010082.jpg

When I get home tonight, I'll snap a couple more pictures of my setup

You can snap a couple as we set mine up..... :huh:

When I get home tonight, I'll snap a couple more pictures of my setup

You can snap a couple as we set mine up..... :huh:

Sounds good...let me know when

Cut-out a quarter-sized piece of sand paper and place between the ball and the receiver end, will not move ever again :huh:

Thanks for the tip.....I'll do that on the EXC and CRF to hold it steady when I'm on those bikes (yes, I even have my little CRF230F hardwired.....leave me alone! :drinks: )

I think I may try the Aaron's barpad method on the WR :)

They also make a radar detector mount, which I severely need for my street bike. I'll be ordering up one.

Cut-out a quarter-sized piece of sand paper and place between the ball and the receiver end, will not move ever again ^_^

Thanks for the tip.....I'll do that on the EXC and CRF to hold it steady when I'm on those bikes (yes, I even have my little CRF230F hardwired.....leave me alone! :) )

I think I may try the Aaron's barpad method on the WR ;)

Still planning on experimenting with Aaron's Bar Pad technique on the WR250R.........but ordered one of these from GPS City last night to put on my EXC (looks much better than the std handlebar mount setup.....frees up space on the bar and centers the GPS......I hadn't seen this ball mount before)

ramb367_img1.jpg

http://www.gpscity.com/ram-mount-motorcycl...ram-b-367u.html

I think I may try the Aaron's barpad method on the WR :good:

The bar pad rig worked out great in Primm.......

Picture012.jpg

Crawdaddy,

Do you have any issues hitting it with your chest protector? I have had to move mine to the side because I rubbed the buttons off of two different 60csx's while mounted in the middle. Luckily Garmin repaired them for me at no cost.

Do you have any issues hitting it with your chest protector? I have had to move mine to the side because I rubbed the buttons off of two different 60csx's while mounted in the middle. Luckily Garmin repaired them for me at no cost.

No, that's one of the reasons I adopted Aaron's rig........low and centered......it would be sitting up higher if I had it on a RAM arm/ball mount

Thanks for the advice. I ordered from gpscity, ordered the parts and had them the next day. Here is what I went with.

DSCN5237.jpg

DSCN5238.jpg

DSCN5240.jpg

Kelly....thx for posting this. I have a mount but was unaware of the clamp bolt mount. Ordered two (WR & DR) which will free up some much needed space.

Thanks Guys for the heads up on the Top Clamp RAM Mount.

Doubled Down and mounted two:

786463758_rBe6P-L.jpg

786463702_5rB69-L.jpg

786463640_KpiHr-L.jpg

Tricky to find washers needed to eliminate mushrooming of RAM Mount base when torqued to 20Nm.

Nice Shock...Thx. More options....hmmmm.

Dave, without searching, I imaging that SPOT mount is from their site...or RAM's? I like the mileage reminders.