I will be a geo-bachelor next week and I aim to abuse the opprotunity as best I can. I will likely be working until Sunday, possibly Monday, and then I want to ride as much as I can through the week. I have a few ideas of places I want to ride and will post them here and assign them dates as able.

Everybody is welcome on most of these. Anza and Spaugh's are "black diamond" rides but eveything else is fair game. I'd prefer to ride open areas that would have the biggest group in attendance. Then save some of the tracks for solo days, if there are any. But I leave it to the group to decide.

Locations

Anza and areas North

Corral Canyon

Desert (Large area, will be narrowed down)

McCain

Live Oak Spring's Elevation Off Road Park

Spaugh's mountain to desert route

Jamul CALVMX track

Christi's backyard

Jacumba/In-Ko-Pah

Dec 28

Pine Valley group ride @ 10AM

Dec 29

Spaugh In-Ko-Pah @ 1030 AM

Dec 30

Anza Meet at Duffyland @ 1000AM

Dec 31

Doing man stuff, organize garage, work on car, bike, motorcycle. Wander around Fry's, blow a few 20s at Cheetah's, have a double-double, drink beer, complain about taxes, traffic, parking, etc.

Jan 1

XXXXXXXX

Jan 2

XXXXXXXX

Anybody want to ride a bit lemme know, we'll make some plans. If your area isn't on the list just post it and we'll work something out.

there is a half-baked ride planned for the Monday after Christmas... I am trying for a 3/4 day pass. Anything except Corral, Lark or Spaughs soon to be epic Mountains to Desert Ride would suit me great.

The guys planning on riding Monday SEEM to be on the bigger bikes, if that helps you plan, at all. Desert, starting at Ocotillo sounds like fun... but you just plan sumfin out

I'll work it out. When can you be there?

Desert rides starting from Ocotillo or Grapevine Canyon are how I prefer to get there.

I think you'd love the new trails I found in Anza. Id also like to incorporate the Hixon and Allesandro loop into a ride up there. Or just explore the "new" trails more.

We definetly wouldn't be staging from Ramona this time. :lol:

Yeah, we're definitly riding SOMETHING on monday, I just can't decide what. it'll be 3 DR650s as of now, so it has to be a big bike route :lol:

Any ideas? We were looking at lark, jacumba, pine valley, otay...

mcain, pv cc and the tracks, can wait until summer. you all should go ride the big open dez while the weather is nice. the spaughs are heading to arizona for xmas then we'll be out for a 3 day session starting tues or wed next week. devils canyon will have to wait, I don't have a trail bike. You could go hit up this place, its only open for another week.

4210362158_fb04e482a1_o.jpg

Anyone interested in exploring the Glamis North CG area on Monday? I'd like to have at least one other person with me, bonus points if you're good with a GPS, but not necessary. Noob-friendly pace, but I would like to minimize the non-riding time so don't show up TOO hungover. I've got a trailer/plenty of room to haul bikes out.

I am up for lots of riding during that time... I would also like to check out Anza, could you elaborate on what makes it a "black diamond" ride.

You could go hit up this place, its only open for another week.

4210362158_fb04e482a1_o.jpg

More photos from that same trip up to that awesome location. I certaily would not mind going back up before it closes.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/42841964@N03/...048300864/show/

435_Cactus_Flats_3.jpg

Generally tight, technical, with lots of rocks, steps, steep climbs and desents and in the case of Anza one trail passes along the ridge of a mountain with very steep drops to both sides.

maybe you should get some of that parachute rope from mctrails before you take that trail with the cliffs. :lol:

maybe you should get some of that parachute rope from mctrails before you take that trail with the cliffs. :lol:

I've already been there, done that. I'm not worried about my bike, I love it dearly but I also pay full coverage insurance with recovery. I'd hate for that money to go to waste...

Speaking of rope, Fakename do you still have any of that stuff you were peddling not to long ago?

maybe you should get some of that parachute rope from mctrails before you take that trail with the cliffs. :rolleyes:

I've already been there, done that. I'm not worried about my bike, I love it dearly but I also pay full coverage insurance with recovery. I'd hate for that money to go to waste...

Speaking of rope, Fakename do you still have any of that stuff you were peddling not to long ago?

Not peddling, giving away, and yes, lots.

maybe you should get some of that parachute rope from mctrails before you take that trail with the cliffs. ;)

I've already been there, done that. I'm not worried about my bike,

That’s right his bike is an Italian made bike. He hates Italian bikes! He throws then off of cliffs and breaks them and stuff. :rolleyes:

Hi Jon! :)

I'm thinking about Monday on the DR650. I like technical trails, I just don't like to go fast... looking at the scenery, avoiding sudden impact with the ground, picking up the heavy beast! I missed Saturday of the last DD and heard that the trails around the bottom of Banner grade were fun, I liked Grapevine and Culp Valley. I haven't ridden Pine Valley or the border fence from Otay to Campo. I'll be watching the forum for more details.

I'll be riding all week long too.

Tracks, and desert, and dualsport! Whatever!

This is all I could narrow it down to.

Saturday Dec 26- Chahuilla MX. firm

Sunday--ocotillo Wells, Comp Edge, trails at my place?

Monday--OW, StarWest, trails, Racetown?

Tuesday--OW, Milestone, CompEdge, Pine Valley?

Wednesday--OW, Elsinore, Barona

Thursday--Glen Helen, CompEdge, Barona, Racetown

Friday--Trails, Racetown, Pala, AV

Saturday--????

Sunday--????

;)

I'll be riding all week long too.

Tracks, and desert, and dualsport! Whatever!

This is all I could narrow it down to.

Saturday Dec 26- Chahuilla MX. firm

Sunday--ocotillo Wells, Comp Edge, trails at my place?

Monday--OW, StarWest, trails, Racetown?

Tuesday--OW, Milestone, CompEdge, Pine Valley?

Wednesday--OW, Elsinore, Barona

Thursday--Glen Helen, CompEdge, Barona, Racetown

Friday--Trails, Racetown, Pala, AV

Saturday--????

Sunday--????

B)

Don't see any McCain in there..... ;)

As the day gets later I got a strong feeling I'm going to be back home tomorrow. I will have a positive confirmation later tonight and then I'll be getting with everybody and laying out the plans for next week.

Thanks everybody for your input.

Jon

I updated the first post for Monday. Thurs and Friday may be Gordon's Well with Schwinn.

I will very likely be home Sunday night. I can't wait for a great week of moto-ing.

I'm thinking Tues or Wed now for Anza or ??? Anybody out there want to commit to one of these days?

I updated the first post for Monday. Thurs and Friday may be Gordon's Well with Schwinn.

I will very likely be home Sunday night. I can't wait for a great week of moto-ing.

I'm thinking Tues or Wed now for Anza or ??? Anybody out there want to commit to one of these days?

did you want to do the devil canyon ride tues? go read my comments. I got a paddle for you to take to gordons if you want. riding there on new years will be TRUE ADVENTURE.

]

did you want to do the devil canyon ride tues? go read my comments. I got a paddle for you to take to gordons if you want. riding there on new years will be TRUE ADVENTURE.

Hi Briana, Yeah lets "run(nin') with the devil"! I tried to get your waste of a husband to go but he sallied out.

I may or may not be going to Gordon's. I am trying to figure out if I want to or need to get a flag and a permit for a one day trip. But thanks for the offer.

Hopefully we can all ride soon, you me Julie and that sad sack Brad. oh yeah, the monkey cult should get out there too.

Jon

]

did you want to do the devil ride tues? go read my comments. I got a paddle for you to take to gordons if you want. riding there on new years will be TRUE ADVENTURE.

Hi Briana, Yeah lets "run(nin') with the devil"! I tried to get your waste of a husband to go but he sallied out.

I may or may not be going to Gordon's. I am trying to figure out if I want to or need to get a flag and a permit for a one day trip. But thanks for the offer.

Hopefully we can all ride soon, you me Julie and that sad sack Brad. oh yeah, the monkey cult should get out there too.

Jon

what an ass ;)

so you wanna do devils canyon tuesday or not? im in, i got a bike lets do it.

If you brought your bike with a paddle that would be great but you could ride 1 of the CRFs or my CR 5 hundy if you got skillz

Spaugh's mountain to desert route

What is this? How do these trails compare to Corral Canyon black diamond trails?

After I put on the sparkling new 606's, I'll have to come out and crash one of these parties. We haven't ridden together in decades Pasta!

WooHooooo BACK TO KNOBBIES YAY ! ! ! (( thanks Hodaka masta' Kelly )) ;)