hoss314

GPR stabilizers

Just an FYI....I have been in the market for a stabalizer for my BRP but always thought that it was a lot of money and I just needed to man up when the front tire is grabbed by the sand.

Well, I finally went down to GPR in Otay and talked to them. Apparently, they have only one set-up for the XR650R with Applied clamps and Pro Taper fat bars. They were very helpful and even gave me a discount after our discussion about adventure riding and this forum.

Bottom line is that I am pleased with the puchase, customer service and the product. They did not have a unit put together for my bike and did that while I waited.

It did make a difference in "rock bumps" and sand grabs.

Alot of good has been said about GPR on this site and I like that they are local. They invited me down to their office back in 2002 cuz they wanted to take a look at my street legal plated CRF 450R and I needed a stabilizer. Got a smokin deal.

I have their set up on my 02 XR400r...just like you described. Seems to work well so far... :)

They invited me down cuz they wanted my money :) Outstanding service and I've enjoyed the lack of front end shaking in the sand & rock deflection without ripping the bars outta my hands.

....just remember to reset it when you're out of the wash....or find a compromise setting. B)

one of these days I'm going to get down there with my Husky. Nobodys making one for it yet

one of these days I'm going to get down there with my Husky. Nobodys making one for it yet

They just released a V4 under the bar stabilizer for the WR250R......it'll be on my bike in a week or so B):)

WR250GPR01.jpg

Also have a under the bar V1 GPR on my 520

100B1360-1.jpg

Good folks/products

GPR is one of my sponsors and they have been wonderful. I'm still on my first stabilizer....I've had it rebuilt twice (one for good measure and once because of a blown seal)...no complaints here :)

If anyone needs anything, just call and talk to Lauren...he will take care of you B)

IMG00004.jpg

WR250GPR01.jpg

A Thing of Beauty.

And, you are also picking up the carbon bars??

They just released a V4 under the bar stabilizer for the WR250R......it'll be on my bike in a week or so B):)

WR250GPR01.jpg

That mount and pin setup looks just like what is going to be needed for my bike. Looks like you'll need to pull the frame pin off to pull your tank?

Wow, that looks awesome but it looks like you have to pull the triples apart to take the tank off. Its a little different than yours in that the clamp setup appears to be one piece.

When I bought mine for my XRR I was told that it has a lifetime warranty and I could bring it in fo have it rebuilt/freshened up.

I recently bought a V2 GPR on Ebay for my CRF.....anybody know if the "lifetime warranty" still applies for any GPR unit or do you really need to have the original receipt?

I have had this issue before with a Ridgid shop vac that had a lifetime warranty.....I argued with Home Depot the fact that the lifetime warranty was for the vacuum....not the receipt.

I've returned the GPR that came used with my bike three times for rebuild, the last time they completely replaced it.

No receipt.

Installed one on my WR250R today :rolleyes: ...........Merry Christmas to me.....

How much is a cheap steering stabilizer for a DR650?

Did you say cheap. ;):lol: 500$$$$$ The price of your Mtn Bike collection would scare 90% of this club :lol:

If you guys dont know just 1 of his Mtn Bikes could buy a KTM.

FREE - Pinch your knees on the gas tank ;):lol:

They just released a V4 under the bar stabilizer for the WR250R......it'll be on my bike in a week or so B):rolleyes:

Ok, maybe less than a week.......put Eastern Beaver fuseblock, heated grips, and GPR on the little bike today........

Picture002.jpg

Mounted weather resistant toggle switch for heated grips on the side of the head light plastics

Picture003.jpg

Nice.

Where do you keep the spare fuel pump? I understand you may need one...

Did you say cheap. :rolleyes:B) 500$$$$$ The price of your Mtn Bike collection would scare 90% of this club :lol:

If you guys dont know just 1 of his Mtn Bikes could buy a KTM.

That's why I love my sponsors :lol:

I just learn without one haha. How much was the GPR? (sorry if I missed it)