I know; I have flaked on a couple of rides lately, but hope somebody will forgive me and try to meet at the Pine Valley exit; Sunday morning at 7 a.m.

MUST be back by noon... fast pace; few stops; gassed and ready to go at 7... I'll be on the WR, so green sticker only.

I-8 to the Pine Valley exit... park... if you're inside the fence, you'll need an Adventure Pass.

We'll ride mostly fire road to the kernan trail, then up in to Corral

Newbs and lurkers welcome, but put on your big boy pants... I am not fast, but do want to keep moving.

I will allocate 12 minutes for picture taking...

I know; I have flaked on a couple of rides lately, but hope somebody will forgive me and try to meet at the Pine Valley exit; Sunday morning at 7 a.m.

MUST be back by noon... fast pace; few stops; gassed and ready to go at 7... I'll be on the WR, so green sticker only.

I-8 to the Pine Valley exit... park... if you're inside the fence, you'll need an Adventure Pass.

We'll ride mostly fire road to the kernan trail, then up in to Corral

Newbs and lurkers welcome, but put on your big boy pants... I am not fast, but do want to keep moving.

I will allocate 12 minutes for picture taking...

What happened to 'this is desert season'? B)

Sunday forecast for Ocotillo is 75 and sunny!

Ok smartass... B) and I say that with all due respect... B) i HAVE to be back by noon... not SHOULD be back by noon, or WOULD LIKE to be back by noon.

Desert has a couple of nuances that could cause a problem... Corral/Pine Valley is close, I know I can't misplace myself, and my wife/father in law/ others have bailed me out there before (thanks Ozzy)... they know EXACTLY where I'll be, and can get close to me for extraction

Desert adds at least an hour to the drive, and also MAY end up with me farther away from my truck than I would be at Corral

(btw- I'm messin around... ignore the namecalling)

Well, I am going to ask the boss (wifey) if I can join in. So if all goes well, I will see you there RTR @0700.

BC

Ok smartass... B) and I say that with all due respect... B) i HAVE to be back by noon... not SHOULD be back by noon, or WOULD LIKE to be back by noon.

Just trying to give you a hard time after you preached to Hucker about desert riding.

Either you're going to have to slow down or I'm gonna have to speed up if I'm gonna keep up with you.

I'll be riding Corral Saturday so I don't think i'm gonna be able to pull off 2 rides this weekend.

Maybe New Years...

overall speed is rarely the issue on group rides... it's the photo ops, BS sessions, and needless dickery getting ready to go. Guarantee that OVERALL on a ride like this, a slow guy will lengthen the overall ride by 20 minutes max (not counting crashes/repairs, etc.)

a slower guy in the group is no big deal... just don't take a 20 minute water break, THEN decide to re-arrange your pack THEN stop to take your jacket off and re-re-arrange your pack, then try to get 25 obnoxious smelly guys in to one photo... THAT is the stuff that slows down a ride...

and flats... damn... just outed myself

We'll ride again Brenden...

overall speed is rarely the issue on group rides... it's the photo ops, BS sessions, and needless dickery getting ready to go. Guarantee that OVERALL on a ride like this, a slow guy will lengthen the overall ride by 20 minutes max (not counting crashes/repairs, etc.)

a slower guy in the group is no big deal... just don't take a 20 minute water break, THEN decide to re-arrange your pack THEN stop to take your jacket off and re-re-arrange your pack, then try to get 25 obnoxious smelly guys in to one photo... THAT is the stuff that slows down a ride...

and flats... damn... just outed myself

We'll ride again Brenden...

i'm in, if that's OK. Just one set of Pics each before you guy's help me up this time. all right?

If could wake up that early I'd go...

Careful! bikeslut likes to refer to late sleepers as "droolers". B)

ok droolers and excers... yeah; you're all welcome... BCC is pretty easy going, but fast, and I am slower and less easy-going :(

I am going to try and get my video camera mounted on me or my bike, and try to follow Brent for a section; I'll see what I can work out.

wil- I sent you a PM... yeah; sleeping in is great, but head-ons are not. A LOT of the trails are two-way singletrack, and fairly fast. Lots of foliage, and sharp turns, and you can expect some close calls if you go later in the day. At 10, all the droolers start showing up, with quads and six-pack racks. Pine Valley cul-de-sac turns in to a redneck menagerie of poorly tuned bikes, and general ass-hattery.

If we shove off at 7, we can get some spirited riding in, do a little exploring, and be off the singletrack trails by the time the clowns get sent in

I am gonna have to bow out. :angry: The discussion of riding on sunday did not go as planned. :rolleyes: So I will be at home with the family, which is cool cuz I found some used boots for my 4yr old son. He has been wanting to ride in the yard more lately. I think I will have just as much fun. Have a great ride, I hope to be able to ride on the 26th or the 27th. So if anyone has somthing in mind....?

BC

no problem Brent... I have been known to bail out on a ride now and again... I will still be riding, so others are welcome.

At 10, all the droolers start showing up, with quads and six-pack racks. Pine Valley cul-de-sac turns in to a redneck menagerie of poorly tuned bikes, and general ass-hattery.

Beautiful imagery

Sorta of a cross between Hunter Thompson and Tom Wolfe.

At 10, all the droolers start showing up, with quads and six-pack racks. Pine Valley cul-de-sac turns in to a redneck menagerie of poorly tuned bikes, and general ass-hattery.

Beautiful imagery

Sorta of a cross between Hunter Thompson and Tom Wolfe.

quad_billies.jpg

HAHA ....Quadtards :rolleyes::angry:

The 16 year old who takes over my brain when I get on a dirt bike doesn't want to stop and take pictures. Our ride was a complete rage for about 4 hours, sorta like Brents KEEP UP OR DIE mentality.

BC330 great picture

I am going- ste; u riding out or trucking? If riding, maybe I'll just bring my 400 and ride too.

Everybody else; I am going...black drz or blue wr/no plate...flag me down if you want to ride

Wil- drag your ass outta bed and meet us there- good fun; if your dad wanþs to go I can bring another bike

Ill make an appearance if I can troubleshoot this carb problem. I'm re-oiling the filter then ill start the process. I've never been out there. I'm not the slowest guy around but I'm definately not on Brent's level either.... Ill be on the DR650.

Wow, that sounds fun. I am probably too late to pipe up here. Can anyoe provide an address or google map pic of the meeting point? If I do go I will e riding out there on my KLR. Will gas getting there and riding be an issue? With a 6 gallon tank I think i'll be pretty ok. What you think??

I-8 to the pine valley exit...turn right to meet us; turn left to get more gas...you won't need it, but I might ;-)

[

Sweet! Now if I can manage to get my lazy butt up that early while i'm on vacation. I mapped the location and I think I can figure out the way there. All i have to do is look for a lot of truck hauling bikes as I take the Pine Valley exit.

I hope to make it out there for the ride!!

(I'll be the guy on the Red KLR, honk at me if you see me on the way there)

I-8 to the pine valley exit...turn right to meet us; turn left to get more gas...you won't need it, but I might ;-)