Crawdaddy

Cheap/Light MotoJack for trail side repairs....

$25 well spent........cheaper/lighter than a center stand......and less than one 1lb (newer aluminum model)......throw it in the saddle bag and hopefully leave it there......I've ridden in many palces where rocks weren't plentiful and I'd rather NOT try to dismount/remount the front/rear wheel with the bike on it's side.....

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=380877

Chris, did you score it from ADV ?

Actually I was thinking for my 950, but doesn't look like it would be real stable supporting a 475 pound bike.

Chris, did you score it from ADV ?

Actually I was thinking for my 950, but doesn't look like it would be real stable supporting a 475 pound bike.

Yep, sent him the cash today via PayPal.....$25 includes shipping......but he's under a couple feet of snow so he might not be able to mail it out for a day or two......no biggie

Read the thread......they use this thing on KLRs and other big bikes......I think you could make it work on your 950......he also offers it in steel, rather than aluminum, if that's a more attractive option....

I've looked at several over the past few months and liked the design and price. My checks in the mail & he's sending me an alum one. I'll test it on my DR & WR & letcha know.

Thx for the heads up Chris....timing was perfect.

Where is his paypal/order info? I have been meaning to buy a motorcycle jack because its a pain lifting my bike onto the dirt bike stand I have for swapping wheels if this lets me get the front/rear both off the ground one at a time then its awesome

Where is his paypal/order info? I have been meaning to buy a motorcycle jack because its a pain lifting my bike onto the dirt bike stand I have for swapping wheels if this lets me get the front/rear both off the ground one at a time then its awesome

Send him a PM via ADVRider

wonder if I should just order or give it to the wife as a stocking stuffer for me ;p

Do you know the overall length? I made one out of the bottom of crutch.

I don't know the overall length/weight but I'm "ass-uming" it's shorter/lighter than the "walker method"? :unsure: .......I should've experimented with that approach first because I have a set of crutch's laying around from when my brother lived with me......whoops, forgot about'em until I saw your post.......

If you have a set of crutch's that you don't mind cutting down you can put a rig together pretty easily with a hack saw and a T section of PVC:

WalkerMethod.jpg

As special as crawdads jack is, you can take an extra 10 minutes and make something nice.

Sweet stand bum! :rolleyes:

Do you mind it I copy it?

Do you mind it I copy it?

Be my guest. If you need help with Bums Bike crutch, give me a call.

As special as crawdads jack is, you can take an extra 10 minutes and make something nice.

Very slick.....much more stable than the PVC T-section

Sent him the $25 via PayPal and he dropped one in the mail to me today!

Got mine in the mail have not tried to use it yet. Not sure exactly how guys are lifting the front with it also

i-psZnpxr.jpg

That is a Tee the top wrapped in vinyl tubing.  3/4 PVC with rubber foot at bottom. Coupling in middle allows storage.

Schedule 40 works up to 700cc; Over that and you are on your own.

Edit: Pulled the tool outta the bike bag - Evidently I simplified the top when I moved to the small bikes from the 690. Grippy ends.

i-XsTR7Lm-X2.jpg

43 minutes ago, Bagstr said:

That is a Tee the top wrapped in vinyl tubing.  3/4 PVC with rubber foot at bottom. Coupling in middle allows storage.

I like this one, you could have a few couplings and a few smaller pieces of PVC to fit different bikes or different situations, pack it in the bottom of your bag.  Cool!  

From years of pool plumbing, use at least schedule 40 for the PVC setup!  Some guys use schedule 120 pipe and it is very thin walled; not sure it would hold up a bike for long!

For 3/4" PVC pipe schedule 40 wall thickness is .113", schedule 80 is .154" and schedule 120 is .170" thick.  Therefore schdule 80 is thicker walled than sch 40 and sch 120 is thickest meaning strongest (will hold most weight.)

He may have been referring to Class 200, not Sch. 120.

Image result for class 200 pvc pipe dimensions

4 hours ago, Bagstr said:

i-psZnpxr.jpg

Schedule 40 works up to 700cc; Over that and you are on your own.

Could you show a picture for the front tire? Thanks

20 minutes ago, Bagstr said:

Mmm,

Just open a bag of MnMs?