As you all know, Crawdaddy and I skipped town Friday headed for Primm to finalize the January planned ride for the SDAR group.

Day 1 Recap

Awesome - that about sums it up. It does contain a small section of pavement but there is never a "dull" sight. The terrain its awesome especially as you get close to and leave the Red Rock area.

P1010057.jpg

P1010060.jpg

P1010068.jpg

Ok so I mentioned there was "some" rocks...

P1010069.jpg

As we wrapped up day 1, we approached the hotel and on the edge of the dry lake bed, we saw this:

P1010079.jpg

Curious, Chris and I made small talk with the owner and some how this was the end result

P1010080.jpg

Day 2 Recap

On the start of day 2, I have to admit, I was a "little slow" Not sure if it was because of the day before or the night before but it was nice to start out with some easy going lolly pop trails/fire roads.

P1010083.jpg

P1010085.jpg

P1010090.jpg

P1010101.jpg

Oh and just like day two, there are some rocks!

P1010104.jpg

None the less, the two day ride in Primm is going to be FUN.

Oh and here are a couple videos:

http://www.danwalshracing.com/akcooper9/P1010041.MOV

http://www.danwalshracing.com/akcooper9/P1010089.MOV

Nice pics! Gotta love the rocks!

Still can't believe Crawdaddy didn't get a couple front flats. :unsure:

Thems new Yamaha's are reliable :P

The rocks aren't that bad........I don't even remember where that one picture was taken???.....might have been in one of the sections we eliminated......

And from my brief taste, I can see where "Land Yachting" could be very fun/addictive if you lived near Vegas/Primm.......no idea where you'd use one if you didnt have a smooth/dry lake bed nearby (access to the lake bed is by permit only and the permits are only issued to land sailors/kiters.......$5K fine if you ride a bike out on the lakebed!)...........I turned into the wind instead of with it and stalled out.......but some of those guys were going ~60mph.......one guy we were talking to had a homemade "Skate Surfer".....he made is own over sized kateboard with a mast on it.......said he took it up to 30mph......pretty cool....

Let me be the first to say thanks for all this planning to you, crawdiddy and strega. Looks like it will be a great ride and your efforts are appreciated.

Thems new Yamaha's are reliable :P

Yes but Chris' outfit doesn't match.

Fashion police take note.

Thats the beauty of a small bike :P

$5K fine if you ride a bike out on the lakebed!

Remember that guys

Yes but Chris' outfit doesn't match.

Fashion police take note.

Oh, we noticed. Yessir, we'll be keeping an eye on that guy, that's for sure.

Not his first violation, either.

Also running that bike without the pink streamers and frilly basket. Right there, that's one heckuva equipment vi-o-lation.

[slaps ticket book- puff of dust]

Oh, yeah.

/drool I'm jonesin for another fun ride. I missed Bishop due to a collaboration of bad luck, timing and sickness. On a side note they did send me the worlds most expensive Lime Green t-shirt :P

Are peeps staying in a particular hotel for this? If I am asking too soon or missing info somewhere please feel free to give me the ol' RTFM :unsure:

Thanks for organizing this. Looks like fun!

Are peeps staying in a particular hotel for this?

We stayed at Whiskey Pete's this past weekend.....I was able to book Friday/Sat. nights for $102 (total) including tax using Expedia.......I think Whiskey Pete's is less expensive because all the good gambling table action/shopping outlets are on the other side of the 15 over at Primm Valley Resort and Buffalo Bills.......not a big deal, there's a free tram that will shuttle you over there if so desired.......

I also have the tracks starting/ending at the Chevron by Whiskey Pete's each day.....but not a big deal to stay at any of the 3 options available.......

I have a call in to Primm Valley Resorts (AGAIN) to try and get the group rate stuff put together to make it easy for everyone. If you don't want to stay at Whiskey Pete's, then I'm sure you can book online and get a decent deal.

I have a call in to Primm Valley Resorts (AGAIN) to try and get the group rate stuff put together to make it easy for everyone. If you don't want to stay at Whiskey Pete's, then I'm sure you can book online and get a decent deal.

You keep a good eye on those rates, OK, Roger? :unsure:

So whats the fuel range going to be on sunday? Still 110 miles minimum?

Oh Yea and I will take 2 of those above YAAAAR

So whats the fuel range going to be on sunday? Still 110 miles minimum?

Yes

I dunno how I missed this post yesterday :blink:

I thought that was one of your pictures of the "hot hikers" in Red Rock Canyon? :blink::rolleyes::lol:B)

[You keep a good eye on those rates, OK, Roger? :rolleyes:

YAARRRR!!!

T11889688.jpg

Several years ago I shot a large costume catalog. I was very strongly attracted to one model, especially when she was dressed as a pumpkin.

Very odd.

Did you say American Pie?

americanpie1.jpg

Nice cameo.......but the main part of your helmet is NOT black? :rolleyes:

knee brace should've given it away

Now I'll have to wear one on the left knee too :rolleyes: