SlowDown

It was an Ocotillo Wells kinda weekend

Jon and I met up with Marc, Jake and Dallas, family friends who ride dirt bikes. Marc rides a Honda 450f, Jake a Yamaha 250f and Dallas was on his newer Yamaha 250f. Jon was on his beloved Yamaha 426f. I decided to take my couch for this ride so we left our plated bikes at home. We met up at the Leapin Lizard RV Ranch in Ocotillo Wells. Nice to have full hookups for the water and air conditioning especially when you leave your dogs behind.

We went on three rides together. On Sat am we rode out to OW's obligatory Blow Sand Hill and Devil's Slide features and tore them up a bit. Lots of other folks were doing the same thing this weekend too.

Here's Marc and Dallas near Devil's Slide

post-12225-1256590660.jpg

On Sat pm we made a failed attempt to navigate to the Pumpkin patch using the "street signs" in the park. I left my USB cable at home so I did not have a GPS track to go by, only a waypoint, so my GPS could only point us to the goal. Trouble is, these's hills and badlands in the way and the washes don't all run in the direction the GPS points toward. We hit a patch of very technical stuff but managed to find our way back to camp before dark ok, but no pumpkins in hand. <_<

The next day, Sunday, we got a map. Wow what a concept. ;) And Jon led us all to the Gas Domes.

post-12225-1256591050_thumb.jpg

Then to the Artesian Well

post-12225-1256591128_thumb.jpg

post-12225-1256591230_thumb.jpg

Then FINALLY to the Pumpkin Patch

post-12225-1256591297_thumb.jpg

post-12225-1256591319_thumb.jpg

We all had a great time but look forward to the next dualsport ride! B)

Slowdown

Looks like a fun trip with Da Boyz!.......I'm sure the two wheeled gang was so far out in front that you were also able to stay "Dust Free" all day (since you were riding the 4 wheeled couch) B)<_<

Where are the rest of the pics of that girl behind you guys at the Pumpkin Patch?!?!?!?

Where are the rest of the pics of that girl behind you guys at the Pumpkin Patch?!?!?!?

You already dated her. Get over it. <_<

Then to the Artesian Well

post-12225-1256591128_thumb.jpg

Seems like that palm tree has been the same size for as long as I can remember. Artesian Well is probably not the best place to refill your Camelbak huh? :good:

How was the leaping lizard. Is that the place next to Blu inn?. What was the cost and ammenities.

How was the leaping lizard. Is that the place next to Blu inn?. What was the cost and ammenities.

Leaping lizard is the RV campground directly across from the Ranger Station near Blow Sand.......

Here's a link to the new RV campground adjacent to Blu Inn: http://bluinrvpark.com/

Leapin Lizard is an ok park. They have descent full hook-up sites that are mostly shaded. All sites are back-in. They have been constructing a pool for about 3 years or more now... They make you push your bikes in and out of the park and are quite anal about a lot of nit noid rules. When you bend a rule they seem to pop out from behind the bushes to wag their finger at you. They charge you $3 per day for each toy you bring. As Chris noted, they are across from Ocotillo Wells Airport, so location is one plus. They have a nice dog run along with a large 20+ acre fenced in area to walk your dogs. Bottom line for me is that they don't seem to like their most likely clientell. I'm going to try the Blu-Inn Rv Park next.

Leaping lizard is the RV campground directly across from the Airport near Blow Sand.......

Here's a link to the new RV campground adjacent to Blu Inn: http://bluinrvpark.com/