darylhunter

Is it just me, or do other see this happening frequently?

I read the forum from a couple different computers and on both of them I've noticed that I frequently need to re-enter my login info.

This is the only website where that seems to happen so often.

Is is just me, or is it something others have noticed too?

I read the forum from a couple different computers and on both of them I've noticed that I frequently need to re-enter my login info.

This is the only website where that seems to happen so often.

Is is just me, or is it something others have noticed too?

It's not just you. I use the same computer all over the country. Every hotel or airport network I use to sign in with my computer I need to reenter my info. This is the only website that I frequent that I need to do this.

I don't know the exact answer, but know it has to do with cookies, and security and your IP Addresses.

Is it a big deal to have to logon ?

I'm asking Uncle Cameron why this is.........

It's not a big deal and I figured it was just a security selection by the website admin. I turned on "Autocomplete" or whatever it is and now I just type the first letter of my name and the rest of my name and password show up. After that I hit enter twice and I'm in.

I don't have any problem unless the Firefox does a weird update or something

This generally happens when people sign on using different IP Addresses.

I do travel a for work, so the IP address will definitely change then.

Time Warner seems to change my assigned IP address on a regular basis as well.

Plus I access the site using my laptop at work and from home.

That said, the site doesn't seem to ask me to login each and every time I show up from a different IP address on the same computer. Maybe it's just when I show up from a new IP address on any one of my computers.

I wouldn't say it's really super annoying, more like paper cut annoying . . . :)

I wouldn't say it's really super annoying, more like paper cut annoying . . . :)

Ooohhh....I really really hate paper cuts! :)

paper cuts and tabasco between the toes......i miss the frat parties

It goes in waves with me- I'll go a week without having to sign in- use 3-4 computers, then another week where I have to sign in nearly every time.

One way or another, it's no biggie, and well worth it.

For me, it depends on the computer. From my personal computer, I have to log in every time. From work, it stays logged in unless I don't go to the site for a while (cookie expires). I can't figure out how to make it stay logged in from home though...

So I'm with KTMRad - it's gotta be a cookies setting, I'm just not smart enough to figure it out!!! :)

For the past month I've noticed it on this site, Gmail and Nasty, errr . . . :) another site.

:)

It means you need to go ride at least a few hours between logins :huh:

Really (start of geekiness) it's a session length issue which is related to cookies, you have to strike a balance between staying logged in forever and running the risk of your house weasels posting "my dad's bike sucks, eat my shorts" when you're not looking, and logging you out so soon you curse loudly, I'll see if I can extend it a bit, but your bike seat fits better than your computer seat, go ride already :)

I screwed with the cookie settings, let me know if it improves the situation any...

Less cookies, more riding. ;)