Crawdaddy

A Terrible Weekend with Crawdaddy and Strega

Chris, in post 13 you mentioned a 200 mile optional loop, is that still an option for those of us with lots of fuel?

Chris, in post 13 you mentioned a 200 mile optional loop, is that still an option for those of us with lots of fuel?

I dropped the add'l Day 2 miles in the final/posted set of tracks.......better to ride the std loop and get back to Primm at a decent hour since you'll need to load up/drive home that afternoon........I pre-ran most of my draft/optional tracks over the Thanksgiving weekend on my way up to Primm from BullHead City........that's when this happened:

BH9loop.jpg

One large section of my draft planning track between US95 and Mojave Rd. is NOT a feasible option for reasons that won't be discussed in this forum ;) .......I also wound up riding through some non descript sand washes on my optional loop which were no picnic/not fun.......the other "stuff" on the optional loop was nothing special.......just stick with the std loop.......

Count me in. I'll probably be bringing a few friends.

There is one room available on our group rate so if you want to get in on the deal you need to call today. The info is on the first post of this thread.

Count me in. I'll probably be bringing a few friends.

There is one room available on our group rate so if you want to get in on the deal you need to call today. The info is on the first post of this thread.

Thanks! Room reserved at Buffalo Bills!

The AFC Divisional Playoff game starts at 1:40PM on Sunday. I wonder if we'll be back from the ride by then.

The AFC Divisional Playoff game starts at 1:40PM on Sunday. I wonder if we'll be back from the ride by then.

Aaron and I left around 7am and got back around 3:15 but we weren't pushing it, we created tracks above and beyond the tracks that you'll be following, we stopped to see the sights, snap some pics, set some waypoints, grabbed lunch at the Shell station when we stopped for gas, etc., etc.......so if you leave no later than 7am, maintain a decent (safe) pace, and enjoy the sights but minimize the BSing........you'll be back no later than halftime (easily).....

If the game is THAT important to anyone.........and you're off the pace......... you always have the option of hopping on the 15FWY after gassing up at the Shell station......it's a ~25 mile slab ride on the 15fwy back to Primm from that point :bad: (or a ~30 mile ride on 90% dirt following the tracks :good: )

Were you guys roll charting this event as well as the GPS track? just noticing Stregas comment on Doberboy's introduction

Were you guys roll charting this event as well as the GPS track? just noticing Stregas comment on Doberboy's introduction

NO ROLL CHARTS ON THIS RIDE........GPS ONLY.......PLEASE SEE FIRST POST.......EACH SMALL GROUP NEEDS AT LEAST ONE PERSON WHO HAS A GPS (and knows how to use it :o )

(Strega was just noting that Doberboy is all set up for dualsporting "in general" if he rode Bass Lake with Roll Chart and GPS)

Cool stuff on the ranch...sounds awesome..

the other night I followed the loaded tracks around google earth..pretty awesome.....(love that feature)...getting excited.....we plan to arrive before 4, get settled and hit the buffet.....have we chosen a gathering place?....

.....have we chosen a gathering place?....

I figure we can congregate at the Buffalo Bills "Stage Bar" between 9-10pm on Friday........open to other suggestions(?) .......there won't be seating available for everyone but that's ok, you will have just spent X hours in your truck getting there.........if it's the bar I'm thinking of, it's a fairly open area where we can walk around/mingle........probably meet there again on Sat night and tell lies about the days activities......sports book on Sunday afternoon to watch the tail end of the play-offs......

We'll fine tune things as we get closer........Strega and I will be heading out there Thursday night the 14th........

I know I'm jumping in a bit late but wasn't sure if my bike would be ready.

I've got a truck and plan to leave mid day Friday. If anyone needs a ride give me a call. 858-361-7358

Wayne

Whoa. Past my bedtime. :hysteric:

I'll be available anytime after 5pm on Friday (might be out riding 9-4 :lol: :curtsey: )......figuring many folks may not arrive unitl later in the evening.....

I've got a truck and plan to leave mid day Friday.

:curtsey: :hysteric: :lol:

So, I made reservations. Last minute I know. I should be able to still go but we'll see. I'm hoping so. I would definately like to get my bike trucked up there if possible. I'm probably won't be able to leave until later in the afternoon Friday. I have classes but I don't know when they will go until,.... 1 or 2PM.. I'll give humpty a call, my wife will be leaving earlier to check in so I'll be solo. I hope it works out. :lol:

So, I made reservations. Last minute I know. I should be able to still go but we'll see. I'm hoping so. I would definately like to get my bike trucked up there if possible. I'm probably won't be able to leave until later in the afternoon Friday. I have classes but I don't know when they will go until,.... 1 or 2PM.. I'll give humpty a call, my wife will be leaving earlier to check in so I'll be solo. I hope it works out. B)

Hey matt

i will be leaving early friday morning, i have plenty of room to take your bike if humpty cannot get it. i am right up the hill in ramona so let me know if you need any help

Brian

619-241-1126

I know I'm jumping in a bit late but wasn't sure if my bike would be ready.

I've got a truck and plan to leave mid day Friday. If anyone needs a ride give me a call. 858-361-7358

Wayne

Which bike?

Which bike?

He'll be riding his 530.......

Hey - I just got off the phone with Emily at Bonnie Springs to alert them about our visit on Sat the 16th.......the back room will be set aside for grubby/dirty/dualsport riders between 9:30-11:30am.......

Hey - I just got off the phone with Emily at Bonnie Springs to alert them about our visit on Sat the 16th.......the back room will be set aside for grubby/dirty/dualsport riders between 9:30-11:30am.......

This thing is comin together quite nicely :)

You guys have done a fine job of organizing..thanks again...Nice to hear from Strega, he's been quiet lately...

I'm all for meeting a bit earlier ...we will arrive by 4....with the alarm off by 6 am probably don't want to stay up tooooo late.....

For those already up there earlier, can we meet for the buffet maybe 6 pm?... then head to the stage bar?......what's at the bar?.....do I bring the dancing shoes and little black dress?.....just kidding.... :)

Im out. Too much stuff going on

I understand......BUT, that's why you need to leave it all behind and escape with your hommies (us) ........then you can look at it with a fresh eye/attitude when you return :drinks: ........is this pep talk workin? :):huh::drinks:

Others have been in your shoes before.....:

See ya when we see ya.....here or there.....