Guest KTMrad

BBQ, Get Together and Who Are You ??

Guest KTMrad

Hey All, let's get some discussion going here.First, how would you all like to get together for a BBQ sometime this summer, so we can meet each other, instead of a formal club meeting. We could do it at my house, or if someone has a pool ?? Second,Who are you and where are you from and what bike do you ride ?

Guest KTMrad

My name is Randy, I started San Diego Adveture Riders with the help of a few friends. We put on our first organized dualsport ride in the Anza Borrego Desert in April 2004.I live near Santee, and my primary dualsport is a '00 KTM 640 LC4. My other BIG dualsport is a Ducati 900 Elefant adventure bike, which is great for street riding and off roading. My street bike is a Ducati 748.Hope we all can do a BBQ sometime soon.

I'm Daryl and I live in the Carlsbad area. My bike is a DRZ-400.Shifting my emphasis away from street/track riding to doing more dirt riding - when I can get time away from work :-)Love to do a BBQ some time. We've got a baby due in September so I'll probably be a bit tied up for a month or two on either side of the birth, but will do my best to make it.Daryl

I'm Bob. Live in Ocean Beach. Ride a Honda XR4. I primarily mountain bike these days. Dual Sport is what brought me back to motorcycles. I'll try to keep up on the BBQ date but can make no commitment at this time.

Guest Kevin

Randy, I am always up for a BBQ! Just let me know when.Chula Vista96 ATK 6052001 BMW 650GS Dakar

My name is Israel, I live in Lemon Grove and have been riding for 22 years. I currently ride an XR650L, and I am loving it. BBQ sounds good!

I'm Adam, AKA Buck or Buckshot.I ride a '99 DR650SE on both street and trail.I live near mission valley, but spend a lot of time in Escondido and Cardiff.I missed the Desert Dash (looked like rain to me!), but I chipped in for it anyway!I'm down for a BBQ, but I'll need to bring the Tofu Dogs, since I'm one of them Vegi-types!

Hi, I'm Mike & I just found this site. I'm looking for some advanced riders to hook up with now and then. I just bought a new KTM 625 with a Baja kit. Yep, I'm loving life these days. I'm just coming off a 20 year break from motorcycles (had to raise a family ect.), but I used to race at a Pro level and enjoy riding at a fast pace.I live in Temecula and I've been scouting out single track trails to the east between Temecula and Anza. I'm open to ride most weekends. If anyone wants to get together for a ride, drop me an e-mail.I plan to ride the Mammoth two day Dual Sport with D37.gpsmike@adelphia.net

I'm Todd, aka Deuce, and unlike Mike, I'm about as new as they get. I purchased a KLR-650 as an off-road touring bike (as opposed to hard-core dirt riding), understanding that there are much better dirtbikes around. I've only been riding for about a year, my other bike is a K1100LT. My riding partner owns a GS, but admits that he's a poser, and keeps his baby on the street. Unfortunately, he's retiring from the Marine Corps this fall and moving to FL, so I need to find some folks to ride with. I have joint custody of 3 kids, so my time is a bit limited, but I usually get a couple weekends a month to go for a ride. Looking forward to meeting you all.

Hello! This looks like the thread for introductions. I'm Matt and live in Santee. I'm riding a damn near brand new BMW F650GS Dakar.

Hey everyone, I am Chip. I am from La Mesa and I ride a 2003 XR 650R (Dual Sport). I ride as much as I possibly can. I race the Adelanto Grand Prix every year and have a blast. I rode the Malcolm Smith "No wimps ride" in November and met some cool guys out on the trail. Let me know when there is a ride and I will see if I am off, fire dept schedule always varies.Thanx

Guys, whenever you want to go riding, post a message in this forum. Also, if anyone wants to be added to our e-mail list, let me know and I will add you. Send me a PM.

Hi All,

My name is Bill and I just found this site. I am from La Quinta, which is about 25 minutes east of Palm Springs. I recently purchased a 2005 DR650SE for mostly going back and forth to work, but would like to do some dual sport riding.

I currently have a few bikes, mostly street.

2001 Bandit

2003 GSXR 1000

2005 DR650SE

89 Yamaha Route 66 250 (For sale)

Here is my website: http://www.bladesbandit.com

Looking forward to hopefully joining some rides.

Bill

My name is Ron, I ride a street legal kick start DRZ 400, I live in Scripps Ranch, I look forward to joining in on some DS SD rides that are mostly dirt focused

Hi, I'm Rex Winkelhaus from Rancho San Diego. My dualsport ride is a KTM LC4640. Randy, a BBQ sounds great, let me know if you need any help to pull it off.

My name is Dick.Randy I met you in Moab this past fall.My only bike now is a '89 Transalp(87000 miles),i recently sold my trials bike,xr 600,and nx 650 and am going to buy a drz. We don't have a home base,we fulltime in a 5'th wheel and a truck camper when we're traveling(4 months a year).We spend winters in the southwest and summers more north.We are currently in Albuquerque for 3 months

Hi Dick, yes, I remember you on the Transalp outside the restaurant. I have a picture of your bike and you. Good to hear from you. If you're ever in SoCal, make sure you look me up. Send me a PM and your e-mail, and I'll give you my phone number.Thanks,

Well folks, last year's BBQ didn't happen, not enough people responded. By now, we have more people who have posted here, and more contacts from the last dualsport ride in March. So, I will try to plan a BBQ sometime this summer. Thanks

My name is Mark and I live in Lakeside. I ride a '96 KTM RXC 400. My riding buddy and I are looking forward to a BBQ and to meeting others interested in joining us on dual-sport rides. I rode last year's desert bash and had a great time. Other commitments kept me from doing this year's ride but am looking forward to next year's ride and any other activities. If no houses are available, how about meeting in a park for a BBQ?

Marbee (Jim) here. '04 XR650L (Pig-L). Always up for a ride, especially early AM on weekends. Living in Chula Vista/Eastlake at the west end of Proctor Valley road. Please add me to the email roster for upcoming rides/bbq's.Thanks, Jim

Hi there my name's AlexI just moved to San Diego (Poway) from Portland, Oregon. Before I left for here I picked up a DRZ-400S. It's all shiny and new looking (except where the shifter hit the case... got armor now). Anyway I haven't really been riding since I was a kid and I'm definitely in need of some people that don't mind waiting for and giving advice to a noob.Mainly had it on the street for the last month or so. Only about 300 miles on the bike. Did ride some logging roads up in the cascade range in Oregon before I came down but I want to broaden my horizons. I have no clue where to ride around here, no trailer to drag my bike out and don't know a soul here. So I guess a BBQ sounds like an awesome venue to do this.By the way, where is a good place in SD to gear up? I need off-road gear just have street gear now...oh yeah, please add me to the email list

Guest bikeslut

I find great prices on gear at Cycle Parts West in North Park. I'm up for BBQ at my house (pool, jacuzzi, foos, billiards, and air hockey) and looking for more trail info for the area. TW200, DR350 and DL1000... planning on a drz in the near future. Alpine

Quick intro. I'm Bruce and I live out in the San Diego Country Estates area of Ramona. I have a 2003 DRZ400S that needs to be ridden more. I have a motorhome and trailer the bike and 5 ATV's out to Ocotillo Wells on a regular basis in the cooler months. Was supposed to be out there right now but the motorhome's tranny was acting funny.I've been riding out in the desert since I was 12 (I'm now 43). Took about 15 years off to have a family (1 boy, 2 girls). Wanted a bike that was street legal to be able to get into the Anza Borrego SP roads. Would love to do some group rides when time allows. Family and my job (software engineering) keeps me pretty busy.

Hello everyone. I live in Eastlake near Otay Lake. My days off are mostly in the middle of the week but occasionally I get a weekend off.