Crawdaddy

Costco blowing out old inventory of Garmins

are these any good?

Yes, they don't don't have the compass or altimeter features of the CSx version but most folks would likely never use those features anyway (I never do)......what they do have is 1) color screen and 2) replaceable micro card......and THAT's what's important........

In your particular "Sea going" case, you may want a unit that also floats and has a compass......in which case the 76Csx would be the unit to buy.......I searched for a 76 on Costco's website.....no dice....if I were starting from scratch and wasn't concerned about cash outlay, I'd probably go with a 76Csx......most are concerned about cash outlay and this unit will do the job easily......even a 60c will do the job but it has no replaceable micro card (which isn't a big deal for local riding where you don't need to store a lot of maps or capture days and days of active tracks)

are these any good?

Yes, they don't don't have the compass or altimeter features of the CSx version but most folks would likely never use those features anyway (I never do)......what they do have is 1) color screen and 2) replaceable micro card......and THAT's what's important........

In your particular "Sea going" case, you may want a unit that also floats and has a compass......in which case the 76Csx would be the unit to buy.......I searched for a 76 on Costco's website.....no dice....if I were starting from scratch and wasn't concerned about cash outlay, I'd probably go with a 76Csx......most are concerned about cash outlay and this unit will do the job easily......even a 60c will do the job but it has no replaceable micro card (which isn't a big deal for local riding where you don't need to store a lot of maps or capture days and days of active tracks)

I need it for my KLR, as for the boats we have 10s of thousands invested in GPS units sat phones. super sideband radios and all the rest

Finally in - costco.com $240. Wifey wants GPS for Yosemite trip this month -

I saw a 76cx for $249 at West Marine Express on Mission Bay this morning if anyone is looking for one.

so if you hardwire a gps, are you able to "unplug" it when you get to lets say..Mikes Sky Rancho at night, and take it into your room(so it doesn't get stolen).

so if you hardwire a gps, are you able to "unplug" it when you get to lets say..Mikes Sky Rancho at night, and take it into your room(so it doesn't get stolen).

Yes. It's a plug-in cable easily removed. If it's a Zumo, it uses a cradle mount with a flip lever.

60cx available at Costco for ~$220:

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?...=en-US&Sp=C

RAM Mount/hardwire/etc. available from Cycoactive: http://www.cycoactive.com/gps/gps60cx.htm

How does it compare to The Garmin Oregon?

Garmin.com has handy comparison charts.

Might want to note the date of the original post from Crawdaddy- it was in September....