Last night the Big 5 announced they have reached a deal on the state budget. It seems as though state parks will have $70 million of their General Fund allocation eliminated, but $62 million of it will be backfilled by other funding sources. This leaves the Department of Parks & Recreation with an $8M gap meaning the possible closure of 30+ parks.

Read here:

http://www.calparks.org/

Did anybody see the budget? They approved "borrowing" a bunch of money to be paid back later... they moved the pay cycle to save a day (or days) of this years' budget (what about NEXT years budget, ya dopes?)

I just hope they leave our green sticker money alone! or perhaps we will need to strom sacramento and circle the capital with thousands of bikes.....like the indians use to do to the wagon trains...just doesn't seem like they listen! :o

A few years ago the people of CA recalled the governor and kicked him out of office. Remember Gray Davis. It's time to recall ALL the legislators and replace them with ones that will be accountable to the people. Special interests and out of control spending are killing us. If they can't balance the budget on time they should not get paid, not be allowed to pass any other legislation and not conduct any other state business. These folks are completely out of touch with reality. It's time to clean house in this state. Now that I think about it the same goes for the federal government.

Interesting article on the CA budget crisis and what got the state into the mess:

LINK

I might be wrong...but I'm betting it's a long time before we see a budget that passes the 2/3 vote in Sacramento. There's already a lot of political wrangling going on over the proposed compromise budget and calls for a down vote on it. I hope I'm wrong, but I bet we are going to see IOU's, layoffs, and a continued stalemate for a while yet.

I'm starting a campaign for the Governors race in 2010;

VOTE FOR CHARLEY!

post-13338-1248280794.jpg

HE CAN'T POSSIBLY MAKE IT WORSE!!

That will work. He will probably be let out on "early release" by the State due to the budget gap by then anyway!

governor.jpg

Come back to save us Ronnie!

"AND THIS IDEA THAT GOVERNMENT IS BEHOLDEN TO THE PEOPLE, THAT IT HAS NO OTHER SOURCE OF POWER EXCEPT THE SOVEREIGN PEOPLE, IS STILL THE NEWEST AND MOST UNIQUE IDEA IN ALL THE LONG HISTORY OF MAN'S RELATION TO MAN. THIS IS THE ISSUE OF THIS ELECTION. WHETHER WE BELIEVE IN OUR CAPACITY FOR SELF-GOVERNMENT OR WHETHER WE ABANDON THE AMERICAN REVOLUTION AND CONFESS THAT A LITTLE INTELLECTUAL ELITE IN A FAR-DISTANT CAPITAL CAN PLAN OUR LIVES FOR US BETTER THAN WE CAN PLAN THEM OURSELVES."

-- RONALD REAGAN, OCTOBER 27, 1964 ('THE SPEECH')