TrophyHunter

"north county ride" or whatever........

Sunday 6/28/09. Ready to ride at 8:30... Meet will be at Shell Foodmart & Carwash 105 E Via Rancho Pkwy, Escondido. Via Rancho Pkwy (old Bear Valley exit) & I-15. Gas up.

Don has an interesting route to NH Grade & there's parking for trucks at his place. Please PM Don for permission individually.

Current plan is to make our way to Nate Harrison Grade & points beyond.

Casual ride as I'll be breaking in the new (to me) DR650. I'd call it big bike friendly. Brian & I will have radios for lead/sweep duties.

I'll put updates to this ride on this 1st post. Shell Station then all back roads to Nate Harrison Grade.

CHANGE: 9:15 - 9:30 Pick up group at Pala VISTA Gas. (Pala Vista Gas Station‎ - 29200 Valley Center Rd, Valley Center, CA) Corner of Cole Grade‎.

Nate Harrison Grade to the fire station. The rest is still pending.

Definite:

Me

Ironman

Jaynen

Gypsyfrog

Don

Nephew (name to be disclosed later)

cmayer31

Schwinn

dsfox

kiwi

hobie

Uncle Phill

bovespa

02rdking

Orangeblood

Son of Orange

Interested:

daveb

kris

I'll have to check on the homefront... I MAY be in on the BRP... I'll pyro... real men "pyro" big bike rides ;)

*edit* real men don't get to go <_<

claimin' "real man" status now??? you ARE obviously MORE MAN than i, FOR SURE...

but, i didn't see the change in your signature line?? :blink:

;)...might grovel and see what i can pull off....doubt i can pyro that far tho <_<

As of right now I'm open all Sunday, so unless something strange occurs I'll be there.

Hey T H, there is a short stretch of dirt road on Doane Valley road that is private property with locked gates at each end (one gate is right on the State Park boundry line, the other aprox 1/4 mile west of the Forest/ fire look out tower) . The forest service keeps them locked, for fire access only. So you cannot connect Nate Harrison with Palomar Divide. I suggest you do a loop from Rancho California R V resort and 79 (east of Temecula on 79) going up Palomar then loop around down to 79, head east to Warner Springs glider port then turn Left on Lost Valley Road and go all the way to Anza. Then.... more chooses.All big bike friendly and small bike fun too.

claimin' "real man" status now??? you ARE obviously MORE MAN than i, FOR SURE...

but, i didn't see the change in your signature line?? B)

:lol:...might grovel and see what i can pull off....doubt i can pyro that far tho :lazy:

my version of Pyro does not ride interstate... it will be twisties all the way there, even if it does mean a longer ride

Hey Kiwi,,,,If I can get the gates open will it connect the trail all the way thru. I am close friends of Chief Lucia of Palomar Fire Dept plus my company suplies all box lunches up there when there is a fire.

Hey Kiwi,,,,If I can get the gates open will it connect the trail all the way thru. I am close friends of Chief Lucia of Palomar Fire Dept plus my company suplies all box lunches up there when there is a fire.

yes

Schwinn! You Da man if you can pull that one off B) . The very short stretch is private and owned by :lazy: :lol: ??? I may be forced to go ride with you on this run. I live in Temecula and could meet you at Pala gas station or ....... Let me check my schedule.. hum no job, no life, looks open.

Schwinn! You Da man if you can pull that one off B) . The very short stretch is private and owned by :lazy: :lol: ??? I may be forced to go ride with you on this run. I live in Temecula and could meet you at Pala gas station or ....... Let me check my schedule.. hum no job, no life, looks open.

OK guys-I may be available for this one. I may be bringing my nephew if you guys don't mind a total newb comming along. I will be responsible for him. Got him started a couple of weeks ago without my sister finding out (she is an MD and calls motorcycles "organ donors"). He got stoked and is ready for more.

....... Let me check my schedule.. hum no job, no life, looks open.

Ditto that! :lazy: :lol:B)

kiwi's plan sounds good but I didn't want to go further North than 79.

If Schwinn can pull off the gate opening, let's do that.

If not, anyone know if Canfield Rd is passable as it can connect later on up to Palomar Divide....?

A good bail point would be at the top of NH...just do the pavement on South Grade back down...if there are time constraints.

Woo I got a hallpass I am in!

Should I put my knobbies on or does it matter? I had no real trouble on the All American KTM ride except some downhill sand was iffy

Should I put my knobbies on or does it matter? I had no real trouble on the All American KTM ride except some downhill sand was iffy

Good to have you Jason. Only you can say if the tires work or not. I haven't ridden NH but Palomar is a graded dirt road with the usual runoff whoops.

Don....all are welcome, as usual. We'll adjust accordingly.

Good to have you Jason. Only you can say if the tires work or not. I haven't ridden NH but Palomar is a graded dirt road with the usual runoff whoops.

Don....all are welcome, as usual. We'll adjust accordingly.

Nate Harrison is pretty easy. I did it on my Virago a few months ago. Just take it easy if you don't have dirt tires.

I am in unless my childcare falls through (girlfriend breaks up with me) or I get the shites from drinking all night Saturday!

Only time restraint is begin to head out at 4pm, but can always find a bailout location. I have bolt cutters too :lazy:

Soooo I called the fire station up there and told them I wanted a 5 minute hall pass at that gate and I heard laughing for 5 minutes. I am not going to give up cuz I know the 3 big Families that own most of the area up there that is not state owned. If its the guy that owns French Valley it aint going to happen. I have left messages on 2 lines waiting for a call back. And yes he will shoot at ya. :lazy:

I don't want to ride where ya get shot at. Can anyone answer the question about Canfield Rd being a good connector to Palomar Divide?

I don't want to ride where ya get shot at. Can anyone answer the question about Canfield Rd being a good connector to Palomar Divide?

I am trying to get permission so we dont get shot at.

I ran Palomar Mtn water trucks off that hill for years when I was a kid and the Einer family owned the company. Now Steve Einer is in charge of maintenence and facilities at the Observatory up there.

Soooo I called the fire station up there and told them I wanted a 5 minute hall pass at that gate and I heard laughing for 5 minutes. I am not going to give up cuz I know the 3 big Families that own most of the area up there that is not state owned. If its the guy that owns French Valley it aint going to happen. I have left messages on 2 lines waiting for a call back. And yes he will shoot at ya. :lazy:

Good luck on that!

Can anyone answer the question about Canfield Rd being a good connector to Palomar Divide?

To the best of my knowledge, you can no longer gain access to High Point TT/Oak Grove TT/Palomar Divide TT other than off Hwy 79 on either end.......other options that may have been available at one time are now fenced off and/or gated off.... <_< Even if you did somehow manage to reach Palomar Divide TT from Canfield you'd run into the gate just a short ways up from where Palomar Divide TT and Oak Grove TT intersect (seamlessly)....

Sunday 6/28/09. Ready to ride at 8:30... I-15 & Deer Springs at the AM/PM (actually 26915 Mesa Rock Rd..cross of Deer Springs ) Gas up.

Current plan is to make our way to Nate Harrison Grade & points beyond. I'll figure out a route based if there is interest in the ride. If not, Ironman & I will wander aimlessly........

Casual ride as I'll be breaking in the new (to me) DR650. I'd call it big bike friendly. Brian & I will have radios for lead/sweep duties.

I'll put updates to this ride on this 1st post. I'm scouting (via internet) Nate Harrison to State Park Rd to Doane Valley Rd to Palomar Divide Truck Trail/Rd to 79. It may be too ambitious but we'll see how it goes.

If interested, plz post with time constraints (need to be done & back to Escondido by **** o'clock) and I'll plan accordingly.

I will be trucking to San Marcos from El Cajon/RSD and can take 2 more with me.

Definite:

Me

Ironman

Jaynen

Gypsyfrog

Interested:

Bikeslut

kiwi

Schwinn

cmayer31

Don + 1

Hi Ken

Just talked to my nephew. We are a definite IN. If you guys from down south don't want to leave your trucks at the Park & Ride PM me and you can leave them at my place in Escondido. It is on the way and no I-15 between here and the meetup.

Don

To the best of my knowledge, you can no longer gain access to High Point TT/Oak Grove TT/Palomar Divide TT other than off Hwy 79 on either end........

Been riding across Highpoint and Palomar Divide since 1991 and have never seen Oak Grove open once. <_<