Sign in to follow this  
SDlineman

Lark Canyon 5/24/09

I showed up at the staging area right at 6:30, and John (JRWid) and Josh (jbw) were both waiting for me under the oak tree. They already had their bikes unloaded and were ready to go, so I unloaded and suited up as quick as could. All 3 of us were relative newbies, but since I had ridden there before, they elected me to lead. It didn't take me long to figure out we all rode about the same pace, which made it easy because all I had to do was ride and just check every once in a while to make sure they saw what direction I had turned. I think we rode until about 10:00 or so before we saw anybody else on the trails at all, and only a couple of groups the whole day. The weather was perfect, the only mechanical problem we had was a dead battery on my bike (I just kick-started it all day), no crashes/injuries, all in all I would call it an excellent day on the trail. It was nice meeting both of you today, hope to do it again soon.

Man, it must be difficult getting out there so early!

getting there early actually worked out quite well, nice and cool and very few other riders to watch out for. Still, next time a little later might be a good compromise between the benefits of being early and having to wake up at "O dark thirty" :angry: . Thanks John and Jeff for getting this ride to happen, I sure had a good time.

Very sorry to bail after setting the time frame... My pool turned in to a swamp during the work week, and I didn't notice until Saturday night.

Glad you guys had a good ride!

Jeff and Josh, thanks for leading the tour. Lark Canyon is a great place, hope we can get together again some time.

Bikeslut, would have been nice to meet you. It turned out you gave some great advice about early morning rides. It was definitely worth the pain in the a** to get up so early.

John