I wouldn't mind joining up with a newb ride. Where's Lark Canyon from the Escondido area?

About 80 miles south and east of Escondido, out I-8 east near the town of Boulevard.

Ouch, an hour and a half drive on top of a 5-6am start...that will take some contemplating. :o

I suspect BS is being a little facetious, but not too much. The idea there is that tis riding area gets crowded and hot on a holiday weekend, and it's a good idea to avoid that. But I'd counteroffer with a little later time....

correct on all counts...

Directions to Lark Canyon

I had directions from El Cajon, but for some reason the link only shows from old Hwy 80 to the day use area. It's pretty easy to get to that point though, take 8 east to CA-94/ Ribbonwood exit in Boulevard, turn right at end of off ramp and left on old Hwy 80.

So how would 6:30 work for everybody?

OK, starting to plan this out. Is the 6:30am time suited up and ready to ride or just pulling in to the parking area?

Also, how long are we planning to ride? bring extra gas, food, water

I've printed out SDLineman's directions to the Lark Canyon, any special area we are going to gather? How can I tell who you are? I'll be in a black H2 w/ red XR400.

Looking forward to it!

OK, starting to plan this out. Is the 6:30am time suited up and ready to ride or just pulling in to the parking area?

Also, how long are we planning to ride? bring extra gas, food, water

I've printed out SDLineman's directions to the Lark Canyon, any special area we are going to gather? How can I tell who you are? I'll be in a black H2 w/ red XR400.

Looking forward to it!

I'm planning on pulling in at 6:30, I've got a white f-450 with a blue wr450 in back. I can stay until 2 or 3, so plan accordingly. There is a day use area on the left, it should be the first left with trucks/bikes on the dirt road.

One more noobish off road rider checking in.

It looks like the other ride I was planning on going to is not happening, So I will head over with you guys :D . Setting alarm to "O'Dark Thirty" now.

I will be in a silver Honda Accord towing a red trailer with a yellow DRZ.