Anyone up for a newb-friendly ride Sunday? I'd like to check out Big Bear, I would drive if someone wants to lead me around once we get there. Would stay local if that would work out better. I'm green sticker only.

newb friendly ride sounds good to me. I'm just getting back into the sport so I can't be any sort of guide, Big Bear or otherwise. More local ride on Sunday sounds great to me. Let me know if interested - i'm eager to take my new to me bike out for a ride.

John

newb friendly ride sounds good to me. I'm just getting back into the sport so I can't be any sort of guide, Big Bear or otherwise. More local ride on Sunday sounds great to me. Let me know if interested - i'm eager to take my new to me bike out for a ride.

John

How about Lark Canyon then? I've only been there twice, but if I remember correctly it's really hard to get lost and had some fun, easy trails.

John

That's OK, Bikeslut's been in the sport for a long time, too, and he can't be any sort of a guide, either.

Welcome to the club, don't ride like BikeSlut. :)

if ya'll go early enough, I may try to join in

What time works for you? Early is good for me if John can make it.

John

That's OK, Bikeslut's been in the sport for a long time, too, and he can't be any sort of a guide, either.

I have a picture of an inverted KTM somebody may be interested in :)

if ya'll go early enough, I may try to join in

What time works for you? Early is good for me if John can make it.

5:30 a.m.

but I'm negotiable... I have to work that evening, so would need to leave lark by 11 or so

John

We need Bikeslut to come on the newbie rides..... how else are they going to learn how to fix a flat?

We need Bikeslut to come on the newbie rides..... how else are they going to learn how to fix a flat?

or how to get one.... :)

or how to get one.... :)

you are both behind the times... I have moved on from Year of the Flat, to Year of the Injury... pay attention

you are both behind the times... I have moved on from Year of the Flat, to Year of the Injury... pay attention

Okay, who's up for some "how to get injuries" lessons?!!! :)

Okay, who's up for some "how to get injuries" lessons?!!! :)

picture is posted at my facebook account Robert Conrad... doesn't quite match your hematoma Mimi, but it's colorful

picture is posted at my facebook account Robert Conrad... doesn't quite match your hematoma Mimi, but it's colorful

Well, it helps to be short. :)

And now back to our regularly highjacked subject. :)

Its not the hunky actor on facebook named that and the dude from San Diego doesnt look like you at all :)

5:30 a.m.

but I'm negotiable... I have to work that evening, so would need to leave lark by 11 or so

How about 6:30 or so ? JRWid (John) can you make it by then? You could meet us a little later if it's too early. Where do you live? I'll be coming from Ramona, we can carpool if you live on the way out.

Sorry, I was gone for the day...

Ok, I'm not sure what rights I have as a total noob, but 5:30.... is that AM, are you serious!

I'll will go with the majority. I'm up in Vista, so yes we could join up or caravan out there. Let me know. I've got a Joe hauler for my bike and a brand spankin' new 6x10 trailer that needs to be broken in if anyone else is up this way and wants a lift.

I wouldn't mind joining up with a newb ride. Where's Lark Canyon from the Escondido area?

I wouldn't mind joining up with a newb ride. Where's Lark Canyon from the Escondido area?

About 80 miles south and east of Escondido, out I-8 east near the town of Boulevard.

About 80 miles south and east of Escondido, out I-8 east near the town of Boulevard.

Ouch, an hour and a half drive on top of a 5-6am start...that will take some contemplating. :o

We can probably make this work for everyone. If BS is cool with it, he and I can ride for a couple of hours and then meet up with anyone who doesn't want to show up early.

Ouch, an hour and a half drive on top of a 5-6am start...that will take some contemplating. :o

I suspect BS is being a little facetious, but not too much. The idea there is that tis riding area gets crowded and hot on a holiday weekend, and it's a good idea to avoid that. But I'd counteroffer with a little later time....