Moto Toad

Garmin Zumo

Gosh…feeling inept; i am normally not technologically challenged, but when it comes to my Zumo it all goes out the window.

All that i want to do is to simply record where the heck i've been; and on occasion up load someone else’s tracks. Today for instance, I uploaded a trail from Bagstr’s or C-daddy for Black Canyon. The waypoints all loaded, but I had to open each one separately, not as a complete loop. We ended up taking the fire road to the immediate north which runs into a gate, not locked, but states Pvt Property-Alford. We ended up on the correct trail, but not as a result of the Zumo!

Can anybody offer any simple directions/suggestions before I shoot it!

here's what I've done in the past... Make sure you have the cable... Have Erick download the track... Hand it to sandiegoland to make sure it got downloaded correctly... Have Strega doublecheck... Get in a group with fake name or Todd... If that doesn't work, follow crawdaddy...

THAT'S how tecnilogically advanced I am... Sorry I had no real advice

Coupla things- first start visiting www.zumoforums.com very informative.

When navigating off road areas or trails/small roads, be sure to turn off auto-recalculation. Must.

I have had alternatively great success and failure with the Zumo off road, just ask my X15 group. I had mine on the Bagster loop as well for a short time, and noticed I seemed to be off-course a bit. BUt I had plenty of folks to follow, so I ignored the Zumo.

p

Bikeslut; I like your approach to my woes, but am surprised you didn't throw a an adult beverage just for good measure.

Fakename; thanks for the link, perhaps there will be a geek who knows how to make these things hum. For as expensive as they are, you'd think this would be simple!