That kinda gate is a puzzle waiting to be solved. Screw em.

That horse gate to the right is open. But of course, only naughty people would hop their trail motorcycles over that bar, and none of us are naughty. B)

I'm naughty as original sin...

"unsafe conditions"... Riding a motorcycle is unsafe, and we pay to do it... the reality is, hikers and equestrians want the trail to themsleves. I can ride most of the terrain a horse can navigate... and I suck at it

If a Jeep can't fit on the road, I agree... close it until it can. and that trail has been closed as long as I can remember... 09 my eye.

Damn; I'm starting to sound like an activist

If a Jeep can't fit on the road, I agree... close it until it can. and that trail has been closed as long as I can remember... 09 my eye.

A Jeep certainly used to fit. But I haven't seen the road since 2003, so I don't know what has happened to it, or if anything has happened to it. If a bike and a horse can navigate the road, so can a motorcycle.

I talked to Joan at the Forest Service today. There was a mis-communication between her staff. This road was graded down the road to eliminate the potential for fire from the catalytic converter from cars. She also ordered the gates open. The staff member did not follow the order. As I am typing, the gates are in the process of being opened. By noon tommorow we should have access to this section of road. Joan is just as frustrated as we are, by the issues of land closures. I will elaborate later, as the Ghostriderz are heading out on a Dual Sport ride in Lake Isabella. Now get out there and hit this new section of dirt that has been closed for almost 5 years!!! The forest dept website will also reflect this area open in a few days.

I'll be out there soon, to make sure our public servants are doing their jobs. :rolleyes:

Obviously that'll be the last thing updated - I'm sure...

Only closed since 2/6/09 eh? :rolleyes:

The cynic in me says that there is something fishy about they way they misrepresent that the road has not been closed for years. Forget that they think the public can't access a cached version of that webpage for the past decade...

Do they get federal or state money for "managing" this road as part of publicly accessible inventory? Why else would they want to give the impression it is always just recently temporarily closed? I hate fraud, public or private. :blink:

Obviously that'll be the last thing updated - I'm sure...

Only closed since 2/6/09 eh? :rolleyes:

The cynic in me says that there is something fishy about they way they misrepresent that the road has not been closed for years. Forget that they think the public can't access a cached version of that webpage for the past decade...

Do they get federal or state money for "managing" this road as part of publicly accessible inventory? Why else would they want to give the impression it is always just recently temporarily closed? I hate fraud, public or private. :blink:

I will elaborate later, but for know-There is a new Sheriff in town, and her name is Joan Friedlander. Her policy is out with the old, and in with the new. Check back next week for all the details! Going Ridin'

Bump..... anybody check the gate recently?

I plan to in the next day or two.

The Ghostriderz are still working on this issue. We talked to Joan again on Monday(Can you believe that she called me). It appears that someone is illegaly closing this gate, and yes-this is common. This might require that law enforcement get involved. I expect an update in the next day or so.

The Ghostriderz are still working on this issue. We talked to Joan again on Monday(Can you believe that she called me). It appears that someone is illegaly closing this gate, and yes-this is common. This might require that law enforcement get involved. I expect an update in the next day or so.

Illegally closing the gate? Someone has a meth lab up there or something. I thought they could lock the gates open too?

Ive been out there a few times and someone had strung barbed wire around on the west end and some eco - terrorist had put in a lot of time building an illegal fence at the east end. I fixed both problems and am hoping to bump into the perb someday. You know a few years back I used to take my family to Cedar Bowl, at the bottom of Eagle Peak to swim and picnic. As I look around for places to explore on my expensive KTM dual sport I get pissed. If you go off the designated routes the MAN claims this will close more areas to us. What open areas are they talking about because I'd like to go see them. But it seems that everywhere I go there are now closed signs. Social disobediance works for me, I'm 60 years old and I'm gonna ride where I've always riden, I'm grandfathered in. So screw em and their signs, gates rules and designations.

HERE IS THE LATEST-ITS OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!

I talked to Joan at the Forest Service today, and this road is officially designated open and is also physically open with both gates at either end open. The Ghostriderz will ride it on Sunday. The Forest Service website will reflect this soon. In the next month, there will be some intermittent road work, so there may be a quick closure for a day. Get out there and ride!

We were able to accomplish this task without the standard:

DONATING MONEY TO A GROUP

ADOPTING A TRAIL OR PERFORMING MAINTENANCE OURSELVES

LOBBYING AND OR WRITING OUR PUBLIC OFFICIAL

We simply talked to the local people in charge and held them accountable.

I rode it today. Will do a ride write up on it later this evening probably.

Roostingu's picuture's are mis-leading-not sure of his motive. Here is a picture taken today by Dirt Dame of the same gate at a different angle, and yes it is open!! Thank you to Dirt Dame for the confirmation, your GhostRider sticker is in the mail!

post-34-1244779056_thumb.jpg

Good job.......perhaps the Ghostriderz can now focus on nearby Eagle Peak ;):good::lol:

Mason Truck Trail?