Crawdaddy

Spring Break - Dirt Bike Style

Great stuff guys. Amazing pictures. Looks like visiting Don in Paige is the thing to put on your to do list B)

And the deal with the new camera?

It just started clicking, and it wouldn't open <_<

_1415.jpg

So I went to the Walmart in Page with Chris, Jarrett, and Don to pick up some things, and I bought a new camera...yes...it's black...

nikon-coolpix-l16.jpg

Nice ride........you guys got some great pix !!

Strega, you've got a boatload of pix on your site......cool <_<

Nice ride........you guys got some great pix !!

Strega, you've got a boatload of pix on your site......cool <_<

Pretty much make a gallery for every ride we do, I'm a camera whore. When we gonna get some dinner and beers and go over all that stuff?!?

I've got a crap load of pics, but just don't have the time to post them up. I'm leaving for an overseas trip in a couple of hours so I'm kinda occupied.

Guys - Once you receive my CD please feel free to post up anything you deem worthy. I won't be back for 10 days.

Here are a couple of the TW growing a tumour!

CIMG1917.jpg

CIMG1918.jpg

Here are a couple of the TW growing a tumour!

<_<:o I remember the spot where that photo was taken......now folks will have a better understanding for the "concrete like" consistency of the mud out there......why Freddy's pig was truly wallowing in the mud........and why there are signs stating the road is "Impassable when wet" B)B)

Thanks Samir - Have a good trip.....

Guys - Once you receive my CD please feel free to post up anything you deem worthy. I won't be back for 10 days.

I received a CD of pictures from Samir……pasted in a few pics below…..I’m sure Roger will host all of Samir’s pics on his website…..

Samir and Rekha

SamirandRekha.jpg

Group Shot:

TrailShot.jpg

Heading into the snow:

Rekhasnow.jpg

More snow on the horizon:

roadahead.jpg

The pig is starting to wallow:

Pigwallow.jpg

morepigwallowing.jpg

Rekha has a few mud encounters of her own:

Rehkamud.jpg

LOT’S of dry stream crossings on the this trip:

Streamcrossings.jpg

Strega attempting to flood the canyon (isn't there some sort of honor code about not taking these sorts of "action" photos? :o<_< ):

ROgerLeak.jpg

A few shots in and around the Bar 10 Ranch…….

Bunk House area upstairs….complete with pool table

bar10upstairs.jpg

Dining area:

diningarea.jpg

dinnertable.jpg

They also have small covered wagons out back that sleep two cozy….

wagonlodging.jpg

Volleyball court and view towards Grand Canyon:

volleyballcourt.jpg

Ron and Jon heading down to view the canyon/river

jonRoncanyon.jpg

Rekha and Samir down at the viewpoint:

SamirRekhacanyon.jpg

Samir with river view upstream:

Samirupstream.jpg

Pig and piglets at the view point:

Pigview.jpg

Spectacular views:

landscape.jpg

viewupstream.jpg

Heading back for Mesquite:

Headingback.jpg

Thanks for all the pics.........I'm VERY excited for the BAR 10! Tons of great pics, the funniest being the "Pack Much" on Strega's site. What a great time! <_<

Here's a few more of Samir's pics.

Happy times - cruising the DRY roads. This is a VERY doable ride on the big bikes unless its muddy.

510069316_t7iUe-L.jpg

Did we mention that the Bar-10 is a long way from nothing.

510070661_KQnWT-L.jpg

But there is lots of pretty stuff to look at on the way.

510075063_Bb6W6-L.jpg

One of a few spots the boy stuffed the frontend - no harm no foul and he quickly got the hang of it.

510082891_XWLNL-L.jpg

And as Chris said - a few dry stream crossings along the way.

510091208_2jZ2x-L.jpg

I'm going to try to remember all of that instead of this image which keeps getting STUCK in my head.

510076311_tFrbT-L.jpg

It was a great ride dispite that. That mud was something else. Even after 85 miles of rocky vibration I still had lots of it stuck to my bike and wheels. When I started heading down the freeway from St.G to Mesquite I found out just how much. My tires were so out of balance from the mud stuck to them I thought I was driving a paint shaker.

Til next time..

WOW ! This has got to be one of the greatest write-ups of all time !

Thanks for posting so many incredible pictures and a great story to go with it.

Friggin' AWESOME ! <_<

Sweet Ride - What a mix of vehicles! Even a TTR125! I don't like that cold white stuff.

Thanks for posting more awesome photos ! Great scenery, love the snow.

Great scenery, love the snow.

The snow was pretty fun on Sat morning......nice frosting on the trail early......Rekha was loving it early in the morning.......and Freddy was digging it in the afternoon (literally.......as he scraped the remnants (mud) out from under his front fender) :o;) )

Rekhasnow-1.jpg

I made not one, but two, uncharacteristically wise decisions on Sunday morning.....I decided to (1) keep my helmet on and (2) use Slowdown (Ron) as a shield during the snowball fight ;)B)

ronshield.jpg

There was more than just a light frosting of snow on the ground when we headed up near Mt. Logan on Sunday (~7,500')......though still "shorts" weather for me :oB):lol::lol:B)

100_1407.jpg

Great stuff guys. Amazing pictures. Looks like visiting Don in Paige is the thing to put on your to do list :lol:

You guys know of course that getting an invite to our place in Page will require rendering the apropriate kind and amounts of CHARM heaped upon the real head of the Zenosan household-and that is neither me nor my dog Wolfie.

Chris, these look familiar to you at all??

Fine, throw salt on my 520's wounds :lol: .......yes folks, the 520 crapped out about 10 yards past that last gate in the photos above......

I really don't think it's anything major.....just a gunked up carb......our attempts at "in the field" carb/jet cleaning didn't help matters........we shouldn't have run the 520 tank much below reserve......I think it wound up sucking some sediment into the carb......

Chris, these look familiar to you at all??

Fine, throw salt on my 520's wounds :lol: .......yes folks, the 520 crapped out about 10 yards past that last gate in the photos above......

I really don't think it's anything major.....just a gunked up carb......our attempts at "in the field" carb/jet cleaning didn't help matters........we shouldn't have run the 520 tank much below reserve......I think it wound up sucking some sediment into the carb......

So what is actually wrong with it Chris? I am skeptical of the dirty carb theory. I thought the engine was particularly noisy in Page and I even mentioned it to you. Running low on oil may indicate a mechanical problem. Timing chain?

So what is actually wrong with it Chris? I am skeptical of the dirty carb theory. I thought the engine was particularly noisy in Page and I even mentioned it to you. Running low on oil may indicate a mechanical problem. Timing chain?

All American is combing over the bike......I suspect it's just a clogged carb as stated above......KTMs aren't the smoothest sounding machines even when they're running properly......oil level was never really that low and we kept on top of it.....Jarrett cleaned up both bikes when we got back to Ramona.....upon close (and clean) inspection we discovered he'd mounted the countershaft sprocket backwards in Mesquite when he changed the driveshaft seal so the flange wasn't pressing the seal tight.....hence the minor oil leak (hey, at least the chain stayed well oiled)......flipped the countershaft sprocket around before dropping the bike off with R.J./Brent last night.....

All American is combing over the bike......I suspect it's just a clogged carb as stated above......KTMs aren't the smoothest sounding machines even when they're running properly......oil level was never really that low and we kept on top of it.....Jarrett cleaned up both bikes when we got back to Ramona.....upon close (and clean) inspection we discovered he'd mounted the countershaft sprocket backwards in Mesquite when he changed the driveshaft seal so the flange wasn't pressing the seal tight.....hence the minor oil leak (hey, at least the chain stayed well oiled)......flipped the countershaft sprocket around before dropping the bike off with R.J./Brent last night.....

Let me know what they find-the mechanic in me is curious.

Let me know what they find-the mechanic in me is curious.

AS expected, "crap in the carb" was the culprit (also not surprising - tight in-take valves).......never should've let the tank run TOTALLY dry thereby sending sediment through the petcock.....note to self, swing by Kragen and snag some $1 fuel filters for both bikes/both quads........had'em on my YZs but never got around to it on the KTMs/Suzukis.....dumb :fool:

NOT expected - throttle cable frayed down to a few micro strands......a few twists away from breaking completely so time to throw on a new throttle cable.....

Also NOT expected - a tiny bit of water in the case/oil according to R.J.??? :blink:

Jarrett washed the bike before turning the counter shaft sprocket around properly (so it would push on the seal)......I'd imagine some water may have slipped by the seal and got into the engine just as oil was slipping out and getting on the engine case :o:huh: (and he had just put in fresh oil before washing the bike!)......so now Jarrett will have to change the oil.......AGAIN :ninja: :lol: