I want to head back to Otay Mt to "test" the bike after it's first service. They checked the valves and I had the throttlebodies synced and the ignition remapped. This should have fixed the stumble it had off idle and may have smoothed out the engine. It revved better in the parking lot in nuetral :angry:

I can't say much about the terrain there, but it won't be miles of boring fireroad. Bikeslut has been there, we had a great time. If you're interested PM me and I'll give you more info.

yeah, that was fun... Other than you breaking a subframe and me losing a gps. I'll let you know if I can go Monday, but don't plan it around me.

As of this writing it's looking good for Wednesday.

Let me know about Monday, I might be able to do something then also.

As of this writing it's looking good for Wednesday.

Let me know about Monday, I might be able to do something then also.

Wednesday a.m.?

Maybe I will get started early and meet you when you get there then.

After a brief discussion with the boss :ph34r: it appears that Tuesday is shaping up to be the better day.

So until further notice, which could be mid afternoon tomorrow, this ride will commence on Tuesday April 7 from Thousand Trails campground at 9AM.

I hope this doesn't put any or either of you guys out. I apologize if it does.

I'd like to go, but have dad duty all week. So I'll be begging Slut's tw for a two-up ride somewhere.. Have fun!

I'd like to go, but have dad duty all week. So I'll be begging Slut's tw for a two-up ride somewhere.. Have fun!

Otay is a good ride for the TW... Great views, easy trails, some water, and you can take him to the border monument.. It'll be a lesson!

PastaPilot,

Send me some detail of the ride. I am probably in. How much street? I need to fix my brake light. I just have a running light as of today. Not sure what is wrong. Anybody know how to test the electrical on the hydraulic brake switch?

Beezzz

Otay is a good ride for the TW... Great views, easy trails, some water, and you can take him to the border monument.. It'll be a lesson!

I want to do a border ride with J- but I'd be holding up faster riders. And 2-up on the tw, everybody is a faster rider...

PastaPilot,

Send me some detail of the ride. I am probably in. How much street? I need to fix my brake light. I just have a running light as of today. Not sure what is wrong. Anybody know how to test the electrical on the hydraulic brake switch?

Beezzz

Easy-peezy Beezzz. You want a continuity tester or a voltmeter that also reads resistance, or a electrical test light.

I'd start witht he voltmeter, set it to OHMs and touch the leads together. The needle should peg out, or the digits should show 0. WITH ALL LEADS DISCONNECTED on the bl switch, put one lead on each of the connectors on the bl switch. The meter should not change. With the leads still connected, depress the lever, and watch for change on the meter. If it changes to 0 ohms (like the first test) the switch if functioning normally.

Try that, then post back.

p

With the leads still connected, depress the lever, and watch for change on the meter. If it changes to 0 ohms (like the first test) the switch if functioning normally.

Try that, then post back.

p

I will give it a try.

Thanks,

Beezzz

PastaPilot,

Beezzz

Message sent. Little to no street riding. Plated bike is required.

Looks like there might be three of us out there. Anybody that's for sure riding with me tomorrow please chime in. If I'm alone I might not go.

Jon

PastaPilot,

I will be there at 9:00 am. Where should I park my truck?

Beezzz

Thousand Trails campground parking lot. 9AM. South side of Otay Lakes Rd about 2 miles East of the Dropzone airport at the foot of Otay mt.