jbw

Need a good repair shop for a DRZ

tell me you at least asked about cams and base gasket...??? If he splits it, do both

I think what usually happens is that he opens it up and explains what is wrong and what the best course of action is given some budget and desired goals for the bike. So the decision is down the road on what to do. If the repair cost is not that high I will probably be getting a BB at least and at some later date an FCR MX. Cams require better valves and springs so costs go up pretty quickly, I believe?

Josh

I think he has to pull the base gasket anyway, maybe not... Eddie will steer you right

I think he has to pull the base gasket anyway, maybe not... Eddie will steer you right

That is why I sent it to him B)

Josh.

So Eddie tore it down and found nothing major wrong. Just as tntmo had suspected. I must just be a hypochondriac. He did comment that "the piston is worn and the cylinder is like a mirror." and the noise heard was probably piston slap. Actually this makes me quite happy as it will get a BB and new springs and valves. The Cams are very expensive as they would require better valves and springs $300 more than stockers :ph34r: and the cost of the cams themselves.

Josh