On the dry lake bed

28.jpg

Freakin' cool pic! I have to try that. Was it scary taking that shot?

XPLANE Ride Day 2:

I rode with Chris, Tracy, Roger and we did the Calico 50 mile loop and we were back at the hotel by noon. I loaded up my gear and was just about to turn onto I-15 south when I realized that I still had a half a day left to go riding some more. So there I was on I-15 north exiting at the Calico Ghost town road, near a dry wash, unloading, suiting up and riding again....always a good way to get therapy!!!!

Chris had shown us Mule Canyon Rd. earlier in the day and we commented that it would be a good place to return to. I rode another 45 miles exploring, washes, hillclimbs and caves. This mountanous area has the rich history of the Calico Man discovery, silver and borax mines and caves. After my therapy, I loaded everything back up after sunset and had an easy, cool night drive to S. Diego.

Don't forget to click the pictures to enlarge them.

Todd, Roger, Chris, Tracy in front of the famous bottle house.

post-3657-1231997769_thumb.jpg

After hiking up this unfriendly terain, the cool air inside the cave and view was great.

Whole new respect for Burro Schmidt at his 2,087 ft deep cave.

post-3657-1232000300_thumb.jpg

I found these arches quite by accident. :drinks:

post-3657-1231998954_thumb.jpg

This arch is at the top of a rock hillclimb, all large enough to ride through.

post-3657-1231998702_thumb.jpg

I especially enjoyed riding with all of you on Sat. and look forward to doing it again!!!! You are awesome. :help:

Todd

Sweet pix! I love the arch! Where is that again?

Todd can verify, but I believe that's Kramer Arch. It's up off Mule Canyon Rd. which heads north off Calico Rd. a couple miles East of Calico. (Calico is up Ghost Town Rd........the intersection of Ghost Town Rd. and the 15FWY is about ~4 miles East of the intersection of HWYS 15 & 40 over in Barstow)

Todd can verify, but I believe that's Kramer Arch. It's up off Mule Canyon Rd. which heads north off Calico Rd. a couple miles East of Calico. (Calico is up Ghost Town Rd........the intersection of Ghost Town Rd. and the 15FWY is about ~4 miles East of the intersection of HWYS 15 & 40 over in Barstow)

That is correct......Good detective work Chris.