My pics from the ride:

Some good pics - thanks :o:lol:

Glad to see no pics of me "allegedly" changing a front flat yesterday :)

Some good pics - thanks B):lol:

What flat?

:o

Several bikes with dust trails behind them and a full right hand twist only to be puntuated by tntmo on one wheel at about 50 mph....outstanding stuff

CLASSIC,,

I,m glad to know everyone made it home safe and some what sound.

The photos are great and the smiles are even better.

Soon grasshopper, soon

Nice pics of Calico. Haven't been there since I was a kid, around akcooper's age (okay..younger). I'll have to make a point of dragging the family up there.

corn star=attention whore... He just naturally sought his rightful place up front...

Thanks to whoever photoshopped out the possible offensive pic... Tom has an unaltered version if you ask :)

I did my own edit for the shot I printed

Group Shot *edited*

although, the original would be cool to have as well!

I haven’t seen so many new faces since the Desert Dash. It was nice to meet so many of you and finally get to ride with you also. Thanks to all the hard work that Chris and Roger put into this. Surprisingly few problems with such a large diverse group of riders. Here are a few facts from the ride.

167 miles

83.4 mph top speed

Average (moving speed) 31.6mph

Moving time 5:14

Stopped 4:14

Xxxnsd and I did some of the “hard way” after lunch, this was definitely the best part of the ride. It was technical enough to be challenging for me and the views from the top were fantastic. Thanks to Brandon for hanging with me, he left his other riding buddies so I would have someone to do the hardway with. I would like to do that section again sometime.

It’s about the same amount of time for me to drive to Barstow as it is for me to drive to Superstition, I would like to do more riding up that way. Would really like to do Death Valley this year.

The DRZ was loaded a little heavy for the whoop sections, I was wishing for the Husky after a couple miles of the whoops, but the DRZ was definitely my best choice for this ride. With all the high speed sections, I would have been comfortable doing another 50 miles (minus some of the waiting).

Done with the loop and getting ready to split into groups.

P1100109.jpg

If the kids back then got caught drawing on the rocks, did they have to do community service?

P1100111.jpg

Post lunch hardway view of the desert

P1100118.jpg

Solar farm

P1100121.jpg

P1100123.jpg

Later, :) Ken

Thanks to Crawdaddy & Strega for all of the effort putting this event together, and for welcoming noobs like myself.

We were definately a diverse group, but everyone seemed to get a long pretty well. Thanks to the lasst group for being patient when I ate dirt and took forever to restart my bike! (I hope nobody has pictures)

This was my first long distance desert ride, and I really learned how out of shape that I am. My forearms are still aching from working my XR400 through the whoops and the deep sand. I was thinking about coming along for the short Sunday ride, but I was too worked.

I will definately need to spend more time riding in the desert before I can handle a two day event.

It was pretty awesome riding along the washes with some experienced riders. Hopefully I'll have some pictures when I get off of work. I wanted to take a picture of AKcooper9 hauling a$$ while taking pictures with his camera, but if I tried that I would have gone down.

I am stoked that I found this website. It was a great group of people and great weather. I hope to join you guys on future rides! :)

corn star=attention whore... He just naturally sought his rightful place up front...

Thanks to whoever photoshopped out the possible offensive pic... Tom has an unaltered version if you ask :o

I did my own edit for the shot I printed

Group Shot *edited*

although, the original would be cool to have as well!

I'm always getting f***ing censored around here! :):lol:

I only borrowed that shirt anyway, I'm rarely the attention whore.

Was very cool to meet the people I haven't seen before, and to see and ride with many of you I have had the pleasure of riding with in the past. I'm already looking forward to the next big group ride. Desert Dash anyone?

....and then? Bass Lake? Kennedy Meadows??

Who's in for Bar10 this year?? :)

I mentioned it before but Dave who came on the ride lives in Oakhurst, and my Father in Law has an acre out there miles from Bass Lake/Miami Trails area would be fun to do another destination ride but it be in the mountains

Hey, you all have some great photos that could make the front page rotating photo section.....a new front page is in the design stages, and a major part will be rotating photos.

I will post in the Members Only Forums, how and who to send the photos to.

Thanks

It was a 4" sticker, that looked like this, for those of you that couldn't make it:

xplane-sdar09.jpg

Very cool sticker design!! Were there any left over?

At least I got the electronic copy. :)

Hey, you all have some great photos that could make the front page rotating photo section.....a new front page is in the design stages, and a major part will be rotating photos.

I will post in the Members Only Forums, how and who to send the photos to.

Thanks

maybe the next rotation won't have quite so many napping bikes :)

My pics from the ride:

Some good pics - thanks :o:lol:

I dont have any pics of you actually working on a flat tire but I do have a couple shots of your bike on a custom, state of the art, rock centerstand.

It was a 4" sticker, that looked like this, for those of you that couldn't make it:

xplane-sdar09.jpg

At least I got the electronic copy. :o

I didn't see the sticker until today. Black and orange, who would have guessed B):):lol: .

Seriously they look good. I would appreciate it if you could save me one. I guess next we will be sewing patches on our Oggio vests. B) Ken

I didn't see the sticker until today. Black and orange, who would have guessed B):):lol: .

Seriously they look good. I would appreciate it if you could save me one. I guess next we will be sewing patches on our Oggio vests. B) Ken

The patches were on the expensive side, but could easily be done. Definitely have one saved for ya :o

xplane-sdar09.jpg

At least I got the electronic copy. <_<

If I were to get this image on a shirt; long sleeve black T shirt... how many people would want something other than an X Large? I had a verbal quote that was ridiculously low, but that's cuz my guy is making NO money on it... I would pick up the tab for tntmo, fake name, ktmrad, strega and crawdaddy... for obvious, or not, reasons...

Image on the front or the back? anything else on the shirt?A list of participants? I was thinking, just spitballin here... biggish logo on the back, and SDAR over the left breast

After he sees the logo, he will send me a firm bid... his last quote was 2.50 for a white short sleeve shirt... but strega and fake name would not tolerate THAT!

Hold on- it's not that I just wear black. I just don't wear color. White is ok, grey is sorta ok. For most screened t's I wear xxl. But I'm happy to pay my own way!

p

Okay, here goes. I have many pictures that look just like the ones posted but I do have a few to share.

I hit the I-15 and wasnt really sure where I was going but as luck would have it I pulled up beside this truck and lo and behold there was Zenosan and he kindly pointed me in the right direction

zenosan.jpg

I love this picture because it really shows the tough conditions we had to deal with. Look closely at the moisture in the dirt. That stuff just loves to stick together and makes it almost impossible to kick up all the dust we all crave.

perfectdirt.jpg

On day two we we're having a nice little trail ride and the the wierdest thing happened. Apparently Crawdaddy had some loose spokes which caused him to venture off the trail and somehow managed to get his 620 stuck on this wierd rock formation. Luckily Strega was there to help Daddy out by pulling out his spoke wrench and checked the spoke torque, as you can clearly see in the picture.

daddy.jpg

We we're able to free the mighty adventure bike from the grip of the desert rocks but unfortunatly, however, all of that trail maintenance left the Gestapo man a little tired so during our tour of Calico he found a cozy little spot to take a nap.

strega.jpg

Hold on- it's not that I just wear black. I just don't wear color. White is ok, grey is sorta ok. For most screened t's I wear xxl. But I'm happy to pay my own way!

p

After all the things you've done for me? I got it... especially if it's only 2.50 <_<

Long sleeve and black may double the price...

Mark me as confirmed for a Tee. Black longsleeve XL sounds perfect.

xplane-sdar09.jpg

At least I got the electronic copy. <_<

If I were to get this image on a shirt; long sleeve black T shirt... how many people would want something other than an X Large? I had a verbal quote that was ridiculously low, but that's cuz my guy is making NO money on it... I would pick up the tab for tntmo, fake name, ktmrad, strega and crawdaddy... for obvious, or not, reasons...

Image on the front or the back? anything else on the shirt?A list of participants? I was thinking, just spitballin here... biggish logo on the back, and SDAR over the left breast

After he sees the logo, he will send me a firm bid... his last quote was 2.50 for a white short sleeve shirt... but strega and fake name would not tolerate THAT!

I vote for the image in the back and the logo on the left like you said. I like the idea of the screenames of the participants too, on the back. I'm in for an XL. Any color but white. The logo is black so grey would be nice, I think anyway.

NO WHITE T'S for me......black is preference but grey works too if the artwork dictates grey........there are only a few shirts in my closet that don't start with an "X" (unfortunately).....so yep, XL for me.....

Logo on back and SDAR on breast sounds good to me...