Well; tntmo and I just arrived... The FREIGHT TRAIN 50 yards from the room should prove interesting...

My Cousin Vinny?

Well the first obstacle was overcome... There ARE two separate beds!

Cool and windy, but we can see trails from the window.

Well try to get a ride in today! Room 240 for anybody dropping in... Leave beer

Have I ever told you that you suck?

I have to work this weekend, but my loaner bike is thrashed so I wouldn't make it anyway. :lol:

Damn my jealousy is an evil demon!

Have a fun safe weekend!

Yeah, you guys suck........going riding without me.

I have to work too, but at least I'll be riding on Sunday for work, laying out routes for the Desert Dash.

Y'all have a great time.

More suckage!

Tom and I just got back from a nice ride... Some rocky hill climbs, sandy two track, and deep whoops... All 2 miles from the room!

Tlking, kris, trophy, coop, haulass, and assorted others are here; the steak place closed down last week and is now a strip club, with food and a beer garden... Not sure where we'll end up going... We'll see

A bunch of guys hangin out for a weekend of riding with a strip club right across the street. This is a crappy weekend to be working and have a broken bike...

You really do suck!

Tom and I just got back from a nice ride... Some rocky hill climbs, sandy two track, and deep whoops... All 2 miles from the room!

The steak place closed down last week and is now a strip club, with food and a beer garden... Not sure where we'll end up going... We'll see

Not sure where you will be going? :lol: Yeah right, You suck! I have to work and besides my bike is thrashed :lol: . Have a good ride guys.

more supreme suckage;

Kris, on what I think was his first sdar trip lost clutch action after 10 minutes of road riding... Never even rode dirt; sorry kris

Strega rode with him back to the hotel, then caught up with the pack later.

Erick busted a brake lever, and made do with a vice grip for half the day.

We did lots of wandering around the desert trying to follow tracks, and did manage to see most of the sights (and sites)

No carnage to speak of, at least within our group...

More suckage; my camera didn't work, so all you get is witty commentary.

Thanks craw and Strega for producing this event!!

Thanks Todd and falso for keeping the group together (and the radio)

I'm going to have a root beer float

It sure sucks.

002-1.jpg

"Everyone ready to go at 7 sharp!!!! Damn, I'm leaking coolant!"

003-1.jpg

004-1.jpg

One of several GPS checks.

005-1.jpg

006-1.jpg

007.jpg

008-1.jpg

Crash site.

009-1.jpg

I was there.

014-1.jpg

Husky monument.

016-1.jpg

Grant and the Beemer.

019.jpg

Randsburg hitchin' posts.

020.jpg

Downtown Randsburg.

021.jpg

Good eats.

022.jpg

B-1 crash site.

024.jpg

023.jpg

This ride, more importantly the people on the ride, represented riding and SDAR in an OUTSTANDING way! Thanks to the organizers, point & sweep teams and the group for making this a great ride.

I learned the value of radios....next on the list although my wrists have voted for a steering damper.

If there was one video/pic (in my brain) that stands out, it's when the group spread out across Cuddeback. Several bikes with dust trails behind them and a full right hand twist only to be puntuated by tntmo on one wheel at about 50 mph....outstanding stuff :unsure:

Kris, another quality member, sorry you missed it. Post a ride or join in again.

update: Forgot about the stickers. Chris & Roger made some cool stickers which we all had the chance to bring home...along with a thumb drive.

I pulled out my camera and realized wife left the memory card in the printer from new years. But Erick had an extra card so I could start taking pictures. It seems my auto focus is kind of busted tho so I only got a few. I am looking forward to seeing Don and Wayne's pics from the trip. Ill see if I can get my pics to post anyway

Great pictures and posts. Keep 'em coming. :unsure:

Ditto that. Looks like it wasn't too dusty, or was that just a photo illusion?

Hello everyone

I drove home shortly after Strega left me at the Ramada. When I got home I unloaded the Husky , filled, bled and cleaned up the clutch master and had it working within the hour. It is seeping fluid from the actuator side where the pin on the lever pushes the piston inside the rubber boot. If I had had some mineral oil I could have continued on the ride, (oh well). Looks like you guys had a good ride.

Kris

Hello everyone

I drove home shortly after Strega left me at the Ramada. When I got home I unloaded the Husky , filled, bled and cleaned up the clutch master and had it working within the hour. It is seeping fluid from the actuator side where the pin on the lever pushes the piston inside the rubber boot. If I had had some mineral oil I could have continued on the ride, (oh well). Looks like you guys had a good ride.

Kris

Dang! at least we know in the future to carry some mineral oil if your bike has a hydralic clutch. Next time Kris

Hello everyone

Kris

Dang! at least we know in the future to carry some mineral oil if your bike has a hydralic clutch. Next time Kris

My thoughts exactly!

Kris

Hello everyone

Kris

Been there, done that. :unsure:

Always have some on hand for your hydralic clutch or suffer the consequences.

http://www.dualsport-sd.com/forums/index.p...ic=1509&hl=

Great ride! Many thanks to Crawdaddy and Strega for putting it all together.

As Bikeslut alluded to earlier, my only "issue" was a broken front brake lever in the "F'd Up" hardway wash. F'd up is putting it lightly. That wash was a mess! No big deal. I rode about 10 miles with a nub for a brake lever and replaced or extended the nub with a mini ViceGrip. Worked like a champ. I may just keep it on there.

800IMG_0516.JPG

On to the fun stuff. We loosely followed the tracks after the Rainbow Basin and found our way to Inscription Canyon.

Paul and Bob getting a closer look

800IMG_0489.JPG

Our group

800IMG_0490.JPG

Example

800IMG_0491.JPG

On to the "Husky", yes, I was there

800IMG_0498.JPG

Here are our leaders at what I think is mid AM hardway

800IMG_0506.JPG

Looking in the opposite direction

800IMG_0507.JPG

Inside the White House Saloon

800IMG_0513.JPG

That wraps up my pictures. The rest of the ride was pretty quick. We stopped at one more crash site, then back to the Ramada.

Great ride with a great group of guys. Can't wait for next year!

E

Thanks large to Crawdaddy and Strega for organizing this epic ride. Extra thanks to Strega for watching my back and helping my wrestle the beast down that ridiculous hill.

Fantastic ride, but a little much for a 800 with street tires, so I bailed after Randsburg. Felt like I'd been in a UFC fight, battling that thing through the deep sand.

Great group and great ride.

This was a really great ride done in the true spirit of the San Diego Adventure Riders. I met a lot of new members and got to know some members I already knew better.

Chris and Roger did a great job of pulling everything together. From laying out the route and setting up the GPS tracks, to the Member discounts at the Motel and even a cool sticker to show we were there.

I’m already looking forward to the 2nd annual X-Plane Tour in 2010??

Thanks again Chris and Roger for putting this together.

Link to Photos http://www.flickr.com/photos/33348286@N02/...57612440768204/

Wayne

Yes thanks to everyone who came out and made it such a great ride. And thanks to all of our group leaders and people who rode sweep especially for slow guys like me!

Here's a great group shot of the SDAR ride! Please enjoy this image for your personal use, make prints, facebook, email, personal blogs, etc. Please do not republish on any other site without permission. Thanks, and enjoy!

SDARx15-9054©editedsmall.jpg

If you want a high-quality print, you can order it directly from Shutterfly via this link. I don't make a single penny- in fact, I'll never even know if you've ordered anything. It's just an easy way to get a good print at a reasonable price. Just trying to make it easy for everybody.

This version has had a shirt of questionable content retouched. The unretouched version (as well as this one) is available by sending me a pm with you email address- I'll send you a high-res file. Let me know which file you want.

Great ride, everyone! Sorry about my disappearing act afterwards- I was sicker than I thought. But I'm on the mend.

Here's the image:

If you want copies, you can order them direct from Shutterfly right here.

can we just print at home?

Strega; I would still like the sticker artwork if you get a chance... I'll get it to my dad, and get an exact quote, then take/place orders

WOW the photos are great. The weather looked great also. I hope to hear reports from the long distance newbies that rode this many miles for the first time.