dirt dame

'Nother Track Day at Christi20's

Every day is track day if you have one on your property. I don't, but I visit somebody else's from time to time. :D After a drudgery filled day of chores and fixing my street bike yesterday, it was time to hit the track at Christi20's, this morning. I selected both Pez the KX250 and Flea the CR85 for my formidable steeds of the day. Last time I was over there, it was ladies day, but today it was ladies, kids, employees from Christi's work and their friends day. I didn't count, but there must have been at least a dozen and a half riders out there all ready for a day on the track. Last time I was there, the track was hard packed with a couple of puddles here and there. Today, it was sandy, grooved and rutted with no water on it anywhere.

I decided to start the day off on the mini bike, then switch to the 250 later. But I was having such a good time in the sand with the li'l potato chip that I stayed with it all day. There's nothin' like a screamin' 85cc two stroke up on the pipe to make me feel like I'm going really fast, even if I'm not. On the downside, it appears that I am perfectly matched size-wise for the little beastie. :blink: If only a full sized bike could weigh in at 145 pounds....

The dynamic duo of Bonnie and Andrea showed up again, along with a friend that I didn't get the name of. There was a racer named Lori (don't know if that's the right spelling or not. :lol: ) There were about a half dozen kids on mini bikes and small quads. There were some growed up guys with their MX bikes, and there was a guest of honor, a young man who's father had been recently injured in an off-road accident, leaving him partially paralyzed, and Christi had a bike ready for him to ride. His mother, Leslie, came out to watch him ride and take photos. Mom and son seemed to be having a good time today. Maybe some day, Dad will be able to come out and watch, too. I wish and pray for the best for the whole family. -_-

Sorry if I can't remember everybody's names. I'm gettin' old and there were a lot of new faces.

So here are some photos B)

Lunch is served....well, plenty of snackies anyway. just out of view, kids are playing table tennis.

DSC_0016.jpg

ladies day strikes again.

DSC_0018.jpg

Track shots:

Our buddy on one of Christi's race bikes getting to know it, so he can rip around the track. At 6 foot 3 inches, he makes that 250 look like a mini bike. :D

DSC_0006-1.jpg

Christi freakin' flyin'

DSC_0004-1.jpg

Bonnie coming in for a landing....

DSC_0011.jpg

Lori catchin' some air.

DSC_0012-1.jpg

How to park a motocross bike with no kickstand. :D Actually, Flea fell over after he saw Christi take the jump! :o

DSC_0014.jpg

Flea n me

DSC_0027.jpg

Mini's attack the track.

DSC_0033.jpg

Dueling CR Minis, 53 year old versus kiddo.

DSC_0041.jpg

I won this time....

DSC_0045.jpg

but the kid is getting older, bigger and stronger, whereas I am just getting older. :lol::lol:

DSC_0049.jpg

Andrea takes a jump.

DSC_0059.jpg

and crests a hill

DSC_0062.jpg

Me too. Yahoo!

DSC_0065.jpg

Lori chasing a mini rider....maybe hers.

DSC_0068.jpg

DSC_0079.jpg

Thanks again to Bonnie for helping with the photo duties. (most of these photos posted were shot by her.)

And thanks again to Christi20 for another incredible day of fun and safe track riding. :lol:

It was another great day of track practice. Everybody had a good time. No injuries occurred and everybody was just great. (Sorry if I can't think of any other word besides "great", but that about sums it up.) :lol:

dang that looks fun, I guess everyone had good rides this weekend. Can I send Briana to ladies day next time?

dang that looks fun, I guess everyone had good rides this weekend. Can I send Briana to ladies day next time?

You'll have to ask Christi. Once she gets to know you and you get on the invite list.... :lol:

I will certainly vouch for Briana....and you, too. :blink:

So sorry Rachel and I missed this!!!!! The Husky is running but will probably assume the role of a "Buddy bike"because Santa has something else in mind so she can hit the dirt and ride with us on dually rides ......sssshhh :ph34r:

Hopefully we will be forgiven for not making it and perhaps Rachel will get a chance to meet the ladies and ride and learn a thing or two from them on another day :D Very nice pictures, looks like you all had a great time.

Thanks for sharing.

Aaron

Every day is track day if you have one on your property.

And how cool is that! :P:D:D:P:ph34r:

Looks like you folks had a blast......looking forward to coming over with my son sometime....Maybe I'll catch some "Big Daddy Air" on your track (AKA - the front tire coming off the ground about ~3" ) :lol::o:P:D

FANTASTIC!!! Thanks for the post, you gals are awesome!!

The track is nice because of it's length and the natural "old school outdoor" elements of the soil and layout. It is reminder of the "golden" days of outdoor motocross and grand prix. :blink:

It's been a while since I have been on the board. I am way out of touch so sorry for the late response.

Thanks for the great pics, Mimi!

It was a good time for sure. This past Saturday the track was even in better shape! Another good time!

Bikeslut, you will have to do another rain dance because the track is drying up already!

Spaugh, you are welcome if Mimi is vouching for you!

Crawdaddy, Chief Gunner, RoostingU, hope to see you out there soon too!

;)